This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Bitten
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:23:03 pm »
Went to do a house today and as usual as soon as i pulled up the dog went mental thought nothing of it as its always in the dog run as i get round to the back gate i see the dog is out and about so me not being stupid goes and knocks on the door they say it will be fine with me once in the gate again not being stupid i ask them to go in the back garden before me so we both go in and straight away the dog jumps up and tears a big hole in my jumper
just as well ive lost a bit of belly recently or it would have had that as well  ;D
After the obvious apologies they said its never done that before  ::)
If its bad it always happens to me first  :-\

GWCS

Re: Bitten
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:34:20 pm »
I never clean when a dogs out, purely on safety grounds.. unless ive been "introduced" to it.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:48:10 pm »
one of mine has "I kid you not" a wolf, and just as vicious as you would expect. But when it finally get at me without a window between us its a big softy, so I am fairly confident with dogs. Another customer has even bigger doberman, the only one I have seen and them things are huge. Anyway at another customer I went to clap a little old dog that twaddled up to me, put my hand down and it nearly had it for dinner, fortunately I managed to whip it away in the nick of time  :'(

Then little yappy ones are worth watching as well.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:51:40 pm »
I know what you mean its the cute little ones that are the most dangerous
The one that got me today is a medium sized dog but all muscle and if the owners hadnt been there i dread to think how much more it could have done before i ran away screaming like a baby

elite mike

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »
if a dog gives me grief :'(

custy is history

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 05:50:48 pm »
i got bitten once

and it only bit me once, doesn't come near me now.....

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 06:05:22 pm »
I've been bitten three times; twice by Jack Russels (one who grabbed my fingers through the letter box when I posted my 'your window cleaner has been' chit).

But the first dog that bit me was a mental border collie; the customer said the famous words, 'Don't worry, he won't bite', and when I had my back to the dog it bit my calf!

I've dropped customers before because they just leave their dog in the back garden while they're out at work. 

Personally, I feel sorry for the dogs.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 06:36:24 pm »
But the first dog that bit me was a mental border collie; the customer said the famous words, 'Don't worry, he won't bite', and when I had my back to the dog it bit my calf!

that's what the one that bit me did

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:13 pm »
Alex,

Speak to any postman and they'll tell you that's what all stupid dog owners say.

Personally, I know my dog would never bite anyone; he gets bullied by cats (honest); don't trust the dog or the owners.

Just tell the owners firmly, but politely that you'd like them to take their dog inside.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 07:17:36 pm »
it escaped, without me knowing. I saw it, but it was afraid of me, so i turned my back, and it attacked me from behind, and then drew blood.

martinsadie

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 07:27:35 pm »
been bitten 7 times,twice by the same dog,also bitten by a parrot once  ;D

andyatkinson

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:17 pm »
would they get annoyed if you bit there dog? ;D

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:47 pm »
it escaped, without me knowing. I saw it, but it was afraid of me, so i turned my back, and it attacked me from behind, and then drew blood.

You mustn't turn your back on a dog, that's asking for it in the dog's mind. You have to face it down, got bitten once when I was a paper boy, never again.
they don't usually attack if you face them, trouble is how long can you stand waiting and not doing your work.  :-\
I don't mind dogs it's what plops out their behinds that I hate  ;D

scud

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 08:02:55 pm »
  Never face a Border Collie down, that is confrontational o it and you will come off worse.
  They are the worst dogs for bitting, they are fast and strong, I wouldn't trust mine to not bite anyone who comes on our property that he doesn't know.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 08:42:02 pm »

custy is history
Absolutely, and if they've got a devil dog like a Rottweiler, Doberman, Alsation or Bull Terrier, then they won't get my services in the first place.
I just don't do dogs, simple as.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »

custy is history

A dog gives me grief and the dog is history!

I love dogs, but if they attack me I've no qualms about attacking back. A swift kick or punch (Only if they are actually trying to bite),.. show them who is boss from the very start.

If the dog is bigger/scarier than me, then the job is dropped!
:)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 10:20:52 pm »

custy is history

A dog gives me grief and the dog is history!

I love dogs, but if they attack me I've no qualms about attacking back. A swift kick or punch (Only if they are actually trying to bite),.. show them who is boss from the very start.

If the dog is bigger/scarier than me, then the job is dropped!
:)

thats why it ran in when it saw me today

johns window kleen

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 10:30:45 pm »
My own dog goes mental when he sees or hears ladders. Bloke cleaning my neighbours house look well concerned as it was trying to knock the fence down to get him.
Took ladders through to do my own gutters a while ago and he attacked the ladder. Thank God im WFP.

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 10:38:14 pm »
I got bit tonight by a scotty dog, bit my shoe than headbutted my foot ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jouk45

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »
once while canvasing, a Bull Terrier bit my sons fingers putting the leaflet through the letterbox, my son really hurt and surprised, the owner opened the door, sees my son had been bitten, very defensive, he says i never ask you to come here and put leaflets through my door?? plus threatened my son, not once did he say sorry, my son said the brushes behind the letter boxes stop the leaflets getting through so he pushed them until they fell on the inside, hence why his fingers where bitten,