This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pjulk

Re: wfp tops trad bottoms
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 11:05:15 pm »
When i'm on my own which is not often i WFP the lot.

When the missis is with me which is most of the time I WFP the tops she does traditional downstairs and if im finished before her i will finish off downstairs WFP.

BORBRYCE

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 12:43:22 am »
that's my considered opinion, there are many people don't rate the job that wfp do; there's a lot of marketing hype and vested interests.
Have to agree mate, but....this wfp thingy is open to many different factors and situations in order for it to work correctly. It does clean most types of glass to an absouloutly brilliant finnish
but only if conditions are good for it to do it. Strong winds will blow dust and all sorts of s hit on to newly cleaned wfp glass, it will dry spotted, but most cleaners will be gone by that time and will never know or realize its not too clean when its dried, if they get complaints they will go into denial mode......they just dont know where they are going wrong. Hydraphobic glass.....where the pure water beads instead of sheeting will also give lots of problems in the form of water spots when dry, especially if the building is close to heavy traffic and all its spray. Guys who keep their pole and brush on the van roof in winter without protection, think of your windscreen in a wet december day...... in less than 2 minutes after scooshing the windscreen, well you have to do it again or you simply cant see right, some cleaners just dont realise that their brush head is absouloutly filthy when they arrive at a job, then they go and clean the windows with the mingin brush, still it is pure water so itl be ok,  ::).look I could go on and on, but my point is it really does come down to experience with wfp. Traditional is safe in the sense that you can see what is not right if anything after cleaning, wfp is wing on a prayer even to the most experienced.....fact. PS I am 85% wfp 15% trad and 21 years in buissness.

LWC

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 09:26:50 am »
i havent read through this post but to me doing ups wfp and trad downs is saying to customers "yeh wfp is ok but ill still trad bottoms as its not that good"

elite mike

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 09:54:29 am »
i havent read through this post but to me doing ups wfp and trad downs is saying to customers "yeh wfp is ok but ill still trad bottoms as its not that good"

i trad most bottoms,unless i cannot reach them or leaded,

its about safety for me , as its not generally unsafe to clean the bottoms

i think that wfp does just as good a job as trad,on most windows,

if done properly 8)

matt

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 10:13:46 am »

my customers knew i WFP the tops as it was safer, they accepted that

they could also see the difference in the up and down

with WFP we have so many other influences, last week it was windy, now experience tells me that the wind will blow dust and it will stick to the wet spots on the glass ( sure a very low % would complain, but thats because most really dont care, no really they dont care ), where as if i had trad'ed them windows, the wind would not have mattered, they were clean and thats job done

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 11:57:22 am »

I have to agree,.. tradding the bottoms shows that you don't really have confidence in your own system!
I trad the occasional "Problem" window,.. of which there are only 2 on my entire round,  and then its saved for insides. WFP is king!!
:)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 12:02:33 pm »
Squeek how can you run a battery flat by midday....are you using AA's?

Some people justify poor business practise with mal-practise, mate .  ;D  ;D

Squeaky, get a new battery that holds its charge.
Another one?
I've had at least 4 in the last 2 years. >:(

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 12:04:41 pm »
I have to agree,.. tradding the bottoms shows that you don't really have confidence in your own system!
I trad the occasional "Problem" window,.. of which there are only 2 on my entire round,  and then its saved for insides. WFP is king!!
I don't agree.
I know it will do just as good a job, and the customer may do too, but they'd rather have dry windows EVERY time.
So any that fuss about it get done by hand.

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 12:15:08 pm »
Squeek how can you run a battery flat by midday....are you using AA's?

Some people justify poor business practise with mal-practise, mate .  ;D  ;D

Squeaky, get a new battery that holds its charge.
Another one?
I've had at least 4 in the last 2 years. >:(

Perhaps you ought to investigate what you're doing wrong.

Batteries last longer than that if looked after properly.

LWC

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 12:26:25 pm »
Rig the battery up in circuit with your main battery squeeks...even just run it off van battery...i do have been for ages, thats 2 systems

elite mike

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 12:29:20 pm »
I don't agree.
I know it will do just as good a job, and the customer may do too, but they'd rather have dry windows EVERY time.
So any that fuss about it get done by hand.

and we all know , you cannot beat a good hand job ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 12:30:44 pm »
and we all know , you cannot beat a good hand job ;)
I bet the carpet cleaners have a different answer to that... ;D

LWC

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 12:39:15 pm »
Theres a car hand wash place in town and on the van it says "best hand job in town" lol

WISEOWL

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009, 12:41:02 pm »

I think it says:

'Its my business and my time so I will do the tops and bottoms as I see fit in order to maximise my earning potential whilst making sure your windows are left clean with a professional job.'

simbo

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 08:45:21 pm »
i do a lot of downstairs trad as wfp is dead boring. Don't get me wrong i think wf great but i like to use my blading skill also and besides windows are too bloody clean for too long so at least i know the ones looked through the most will at least be a bit grubby.
simbo

LWC

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 08:55:37 pm »

I think it says:

'Its my business and my time so I will do the tops and bottoms as I see fit in order to maximise my earning potential whilst making sure your windows are left clean with a professional job.'

No...no it doesnt

WISEOWL

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 09:09:24 pm »
Like I said, I do the majority WFP but sometimes it is awkward or inconveniant to use a lot of water on say, patio doors that bead terribly.

Quicker to whip the mop and blade over it.

I get the feeling some people are more concerned about the image of their business rather than the practicality of their efforts.

If people do WFP 100% then thats fine, but I can't see how those that don't look or work any less professionally.

LWC

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 09:36:40 pm »
Yeh thats fair enough, somtimes i do trad awkward ones, but the otehr guys were on about just ups wfp and trad the rest.

matt

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2009, 10:39:08 pm »
what difference does it make ? ? ?

we all clean windows how we want / how the customer wants

once again the CIU crowd making people who dont fit in with what they see to be the right way feel they are doing it wrong

guess what, i used to trad downstairs, whilst wearing a pair of jeans and driving a estate car  :o :o so i gave you all a bad name  ::) ::)

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 12:05:27 am »
what difference does it make ? ? ?

we all clean windows how we want / how the customer wants

once again the CIU crowd making people who dont fit in with what they see to be the right way feel they are doing it wrong

guess what, i used to trad downstairs, whilst wearing a pair of jeans and driving a estate car  :o :o so i gave you all a bad name  ::) ::)
>:( >:( >:( hippy  >:( >:( >:(