This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glyn H

Re: gutter cleaning question?
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 01:27:42 pm »
But i was allways under the impression (and i can bring past quotes up) that anyone trying to copy the system or use the generic term guttervac would be dealt with under the copyright laws?

I put it to Glynn a couple of times before that i had viewed a gutter cleaning system in Australia back in the nineties,but he got very protective over the facts,but how can you strenuosly deny the process for cleaning gutters with a vac from the ground had been used prior to omnipoles design when according to this a patent had already been issued in the US

As far as I am aware the UK has separate laws from the USA  my dealings have been with the UK Patents office and not the USA one - obviously the USA company did not go ahead with production as we regularly have enquirees from prospective USA distributors.
If you did see the system in Australia years ago then the company manufacturing it has not promoted the system as we sell the Omnipole Guttervac to both New Zealand and Australian forward thinking companies,infact a complete system is on its way by ship as I write this.

Quite why our legal status and patents would be of interest to people that will never invest in our equipment, throughly baffles me.

drive surgeon

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 01:43:18 pm »
back to the question guys  :D  i did not go on about patent systems????

ftp

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 02:51:21 pm »
Pretty obvous Glyn, when the subject comes up of Diy-ing one, you  pop up occasionally spouting patents and implying legal action. Over what? nobody knows because you say you invented it and have applied for a patent. So the interest is' has he got a patent?' and 'did he really invent it?' and 'will i be hounded for making my own version?'
Good chance we could be in trouble for using the term 'Guttervac' that i can see.  :)

Glyn H

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 03:36:33 pm »
Its not pretty obvious really!
Why would you concern yourself in who thought of this and that, and how did  they protected it.
I would have thought your concern should be how can I grow my business to a bigger size, whilst providing a better service to my customers and making larger profits.
Given a little thought and planning you would then be in a position to  telephone us and order dozens of guttervac systems to cover the work demand of your nationwide organisation.

ftp

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 03:57:00 pm »
 ;D no thanks, i've built my own.

Glyn H

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 04:22:58 pm »

no thanks, i've built my own.
Nevermind your one prospect I can strike off our list of future target organisations.

I assume you will not be planning the structure and stratagies of a nationwide cleaning company.
The Directors of Mitie, ISS, OCS etc. can now sleep troublefree.

ftp

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 04:42:45 pm »
Spot on  ;D Chill out Glyn, life's too short.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 04:45:01 pm »
 ;D

Glyn H

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 06:46:05 pm »
Posted in response to a post that has now been deleted!

If I wasted many hours trawling the internet to try and find out who invented something and when and where this had occured then I wouldn’t get anything done.
All I would be capable of is procrastinating on what could have been if I had taken a chance and not wasted those valuable hours to no usefull outcome.
I certainly wouldn’t have had time to be able to manage three profitable companies.

As far as I am concerned I invented the system in the UK in 2001 and I had no idea that others had come up with a similar concept many times over the last hundred or so years nor does it now interest me if they did come up with the idea all those years ago.

The GutterVac has brought serious revenue to my businesses in sales of equipment and contracting and that is my only interest  together with protecting it from pirate copies.

A large London patent lawyers was employed and paid thousands of £s to do the searches to find out if my concept had the right to be patented and to then proceed to this end with the best possible stratagy.
This left me free to move on in my life and business with the certanty that i had used professionals to protect my interests.

I find it strange  that you should take such an interest in someones elses business when their is clearly no benefit at all to you, except to be able to keep coming up with "I saw it first".
Your point is I think - I saw it first but didnt think outside the box and think of  of building one myself all those years ago so I could by now have retired to the Sun  8)

Glyn H

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 07:08:55 pm »
Oops another reply to a missing post ;D

WE live in the United Kingdom not in the USA - that is a whole different Country!
We in England Northern Ireland and Wales have our very own British legal system even Scotland has slightly different laws.
We do not send people to the electric chair here!  and their patents are valid in the USA not in the UK unless they have paid for worldwide searches and patents.

sageorgeta

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 07:32:24 pm »

Glyn,good luck to you for building an excellent business out of this concept,i really mean that,and yes i have no interests in your business,but you are the one who continually states about legal action if YOUR system is copied,but how can it be copied from you when you didn't invent it?

Manufacturers bully people into thinking that because they have put their  name to a system then we are to take their  threats of legal action seriously.However how can they make threats of this nature when it is plain to see that a patented product existed long before theirs?

As i say you were the one who took the bull by the horns and seized the opportunity to make a business from it,and that you are applauded for,but your patent pending will mean nothing to manufacturers if they know that you never invented it.OK you may have some parts that you have manufactured and no one will be able to copy them,if that is what the patent pending is for,but the concept of gutter cleaning from the ground powered by a vac is not yours according to the US patent offices. 

Glyn H

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 07:38:34 pm »
Posted by sargota Got you this time
Glyn,good luck to you for building an excellent business out of this concept,i really mean that,and yes i have no interests in your business,but you are the one who continually states about legal action if YOUR system is copied,but how can it be copied from you when you didn't invent
Manufacturers bully people into thinking that because they have put their  name to a system then we are to take their  threats of legal action seriously.However how can they make threats of this nature when it is plain to see that a patented product existed long before theirs?

As i say you were the one who took the bull by the horns and seized the opportunity to make a business from it,and that you are applauded for,but your patent pending will mean nothing to manufacturers if they know that you never invented it.OK you may have some parts that you have manufactured and no one will be able to copy them,if that is what the patent pending is for,but the concept of gutter cleaning from the ground powered by a vac is not yours according to the US patent offices

We are not in the USA. How else can I put it ........ Anyone please

It really would not suprise me to find out that Leonardo da Vinci  first came up with the concept in 1500 as he did with the helecoptor and submarine -

sageorgeta

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 07:40:34 pm »
 Yes maybe he copied the mona lisa and claimed he painted it first ::)

sageorgeta

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 10:31:06 am »
And another post deleted... ::)

Glyn H

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 11:05:31 am »
Yes maybe he copied the mona lisa and claimed he painted it first
Good example their is speculation that the Mona Lisa was indeed a copy of other works, The Mona Lisa was also painted by Marcel Duchamp and Andy Warhol five hundred years later.
Most of the great masters paintings were indeed copies of other artists works ;D
Picasso  is famous for cubinism but have you heard of Braque who developed this style first?
Surrealism - everyone has heard of Dali who came into this artistic movement many years after the originators that are unknown to the vast majority of the public.

sageorgeta

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 03:33:11 pm »
Thanks for using those examples of people copying someone elses invention,but i think you will find copyright laws cease when a painter has been dead for 50 years,and an art style or movement is a generic term for a style of painting used by an artist...no infringement of copyrights are applicable for general art styles.

Oh well this is turning into a bit of trivia so probably time to let it die a death,but i think now we know where the truth lies.

Glyn H

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 03:51:57 pm »
now we know where the truth lies.

Yes in the middle of the night at Gloucester Road Underground Station 2001, cleaning debris from  high up ledges :D

STEVE-UK

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 04:13:52 pm »
 Glyn - you have mail