This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Have a look at this cheque for £460; it was given to me for a £10 job.

Very nice!

Alex Gardiner

Do you think that you might have got the plumber's cheque!

tomy jackson

plumers dont charg that  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alex Gardiner

chris@c.m.s

Should of given me a shout then,  I'd have sorted your plumbing for a nice new slx  ;)
Sussex by the sea

tomy jackson

me and as well ,Ido all my own , but id like the 60 ft fishing pole soz i mene the WFP pole  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tomy jackson

if you scoroll down the chek why haz it got tosh signcher on it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

did you tell her you were dying or something, what would make someone give that amount. Maybe she ment to say I'll Just pay you for a couple or years up front.  :-\ If she put 480 that would be four years, and it looks like she almost did at the numbers, mabe she just got alittle muddled.

Tosh

This lady is one of the few customers that I don't have their phone number; she's not anchient, but not young either.

Obviously I'm not going to cash it; I'll pop in and see her tomorrow!

ftp

clean underpants - could be deliberate.  :o

yeah, maybe thats what she wanted, you to pop round again tosh  ;)

Tosh

;D

No way guys!  I'm a good boy (these days).

A few months back I received two cheques in an envelope.  One was my £11er.  The other was for about 2 grand made out to someone else.  Naturally I sent the big one back return of post but I thought it must have been my birthday at first   ;D

tacky

should have cashed 2grand . n sent back 11 er by mistake of course .lol

Spruce

Hi
I see the alteration of the amount in figures is not initialled so the bank won't accept it anyway.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Tosh

Hi
I see the alteration of the amount in figures is not initialled so the bank won't accept it anyway.
Spruce

Spruce, in a previous life I was the 'Paymaster' for an infantry battalion; and when on operations I also provided banking services to the lads in the form of the cashing of cheques.

I could process literally hundreds of cheques per day and if I ever found one that was incorrect, rather than hunting the soldier down, I'd just amend the cheque myself and scribble some initials!

That was not correct, nor legal, but it worked; and I still do the same when I get given a cheque and don't check it there and then.

So I could've easily have scribbled an initial down and cashed the cheque.

However, I knocked on the lady this morning and gave her the cheque back and she paid me in cash.  Her explanation was, was that she'd made a mistake on a cheque that was for someone else; left it in the cheque book; and then wrote out a new cheque, but pulled the old one out and gave it to Wor Lass by accident; she said she'd had a lot on her mind.

But - changing the subject to something more helpful - if a customer gives you a cheque and there's a mistake, I always amend and initial it myself; it saves faffing about.

dave0123

i have cashed cheques with F.W.C and my name after it they still go through no problems.

I have even sent cheques through the post to the bank with no name on to anyone or date just the amount they write it on there self! in the bank. I forgot to write it out.
Dave.

Slash

Very nice!
That cheque should be void as the numbers are difficult to read.

martinsadie

Very nice!
That cheque should be void as the numbers are difficult to read.
the writing very simple to read and says the right amount  ;D