This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Top 3 Wash Systems 2009
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 06:59:35 am »
Competition time!

Things have moved on in the last few years and I’m not sure how differently I would do things… however starting now and only focusing on wash systems I wanted to ask which van mounted ready built system to use on commercial jobs would you rate as the best.

I’d like to get a feel for the top 3 systems that you use or have used.

Keep in mind the main parts such as the Tank, Filters, Pump, Hose, Brush and the Extra Bits that complete a system for you.

For my sins I have an Ionic Pro 5 but there is the streamline at Wintecs or the Inter Loc Tanks System from window cleaning warehouse and many many others.

So who is the best of the best?

Cheers
Mac

They all pump pure water through pipes eventually getting to a brush.  Depends what you want.  A system that looks good but costs a lot and may be pricier to maintain?  A system that maybe doesn't look so smart but has simpler maintenance?
Mine wasn't DIY but it's something of a hybrid.  Mixed genes and all that.  Omnipole tank and installation, DI vessels from Omnipole and Essentially Pure, poles from Ionics, Omnipole and Gardiners.  Merlin RO (static unit).  I even got some pre-filters from someone who packed up.  My system evolved and I already had some stuff by the time Omnipole installed the tank so it would have been silly not to use equipment I already had.

sageorgeta

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 07:01:40 am »
I wouldn't buy a system today based on warranty's.....a 3 year warranty means nothing if these companies go under,and that is very likely to happen to some of the players in the market.
A diy system is the route many take including myself as you can source the parts easily from a variety of suppliers,and lets be honest what is there to go wrong....it pumps water up a pole.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 07:10:05 am »
I wouldn't buy a system today based on warranty's.....a 3 year warranty means nothing if these companies go under,and that is very likely to happen to some of the players in the market.
A diy system is the route many take including myself as you can source the parts easily from a variety of suppliers,and lets be honest what is there to go wrong....it pumps water up a pole.

I imagine that some suppliers may go under.  Might be some time lag behind the rest of the economy though as people with redundancy money and no immediate job prospects often turn to window cleaning.  I suspect it's more us W/Cs who need to be a bit quick witted at the moment more so than suppliers.

sageorgeta

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 07:10:47 am »
Also why do people assume that because it is a diy system then it will look crap.
Mine has a stainless steel frame made by a local engineering company,securely bolted to the chasis,pumps are mounted on the frame.The varistream controller is located on a 10mm perspex board that is inset into the frame and sign written with my company name.The battery is secure in the frame as well and has an intake for re-charging located in another panel that also houses the water inlet and outlet feeds.....
The cost of this system diy was considerably less than any other company....
Each to their own,but to me most people buy expensive systems for the name,you must be a complete fool not to be able to understand how to make a diy system so thats no excuse.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 07:42:55 am »
Also why do people assume that because it is a diy system then it will look crap.
Mine has a stainless steel frame made by a local engineering company,securely bolted to the chasis,pumps are mounted on the frame.The varistream controller is located on a 10mm perspex board that is inset into the frame and sign written with my company name.The battery is secure in the frame as well and has an intake for re-charging located in another panel that also houses the water inlet and outlet feeds.....
The cost of this system diy was considerably less than any other company....
Each to their own,but to me most people buy expensive systems for the name,you must be a complete fool not to be able to understand how to make a diy system so thats no excuse.

Now that I've done occasional maintenance, so long as the tank was professionally installed, I could probably do the rest myself now - apart from the relay.  So I guess that makes me only a partial fool   ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 08:19:56 am »
Competition time!

Things have moved on in the last few years and I’m not sure how differently I would do things… however starting now and only focusing on wash systems I wanted to ask which van mounted ready built system to use on commercial jobs would you rate as the best.

Keep in mind the main parts such as the Tank, Filters, Pump, Hose, Brush and the Extra Bits that complete a system for you.

For my sins I have an Ionic Pro 5 but there is the streamline at Wintecs or the Inter Loc Tanks System from window cleaning warehouse and many many others.

Cheers
Mac

This question had nothing to do with DIY systems!

(Of course DIY well done will be more 'bespoke' and usually better value. The downside is the enormous time cost, a lot of window cleaners have more time than money which is why DIY is suits them. However there are also those running business who have less time to manufacture their own systems. I started off 8 years ago with a DIY system based around a bunch of Omnipole parts. Knowing what I now know I should have bought an Ionics Pro-5. I would have saved time, money and hassle. Admittedly in those days there were not such cheap components available and a lot less knowledge.)

Answering the original question "I wanted to ask which van mounted ready built system to use on commercial jobs would you rate as the best?"  I would have to say:

Ionics in 1st place (crash tested only one so far)
Concept2o 2nd place (because it looks good -shallow I know!)
Brodex 3rd place (good water processing, not so sure about their restraint system safety)

All of the other contenders are really just posh DIY systems in my opinion. (for what it's worth)

jaykie

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 08:49:09 am »
Competition time!

Cheers
Mac

This question had nothing to do with DIY systems!

(Of course DIY well done will be more 'bespoke' and usually better value. The downside is the enormous time cost, a lot of window cleaners have more time than money which is why DIY is suits them. However there are also those running business who have less time to manufacture their own systems. I started off 8 years ago with a DIY system based around a bunch of Omnipole parts. Knowing what I now know I should have bought an Ionics Pro-5. I would have saved time, money and hassle. Admittedly in those days there were not such cheap components available and a lot less knowledge.)

Answering the original question "I wanted to ask which van mounted ready built system to use on commercial jobs would you rate as the best?"  I would have to say:

Ionics in 1st place (crash tested only one so far)
Concept2o 2nd place (because it looks good -shallow I know!)
Brodex 3rd place (good water processing, not so sure about their restraint system safety)

All of the other contenders are really just posh DIY systems in my opinion. (for what it's worth)

They look good if your looking from the rear doors, from the side there just 2 tanks together and a arched silver front panel on the front with gadgets on, when i 1st say the concept 20 I thought it was one big handsome looking unit till i saw the side dooes open,

Chris

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 08:52:59 am »
I have to agree RWC. If I was actually buying the Concept2o would not really be considered as it is just a fancy back plate!

In reality if it was my money and I was starting out again with a low level of knowledge then I would buy a Pro-5, but I would wait until they had a £1000 cash back offer again.

luther1

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 09:02:45 am »
I have a 650 ltr Ionics.Still get pump and controller problems as you would with any other system. Quite rare but they do happen.Not a lot else to go wrong really is there??? Budget and looks are the the obvious main options. Unless you want the kudos that goes with Ionics!

matt

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 09:43:30 am »
i dont get the time issue

Im currently doing a van mount , i will post the total amount of time its taken me,  ( yes i am keeping a record of it )

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 09:43:54 am »

A Cleanitup-inspired DIY system.

With the knowledge I've gained here I could have all the bits ordered and built within a week. (Included a tank frame made up and fitted by the local forge or engineering company.)

I can cut bits of aluminium and put lettering on them if I want to mount my pump and controller in a posh way too. (Tho' I use raggedy edged ply of course! ;D)
It's a game of three halves!

ftp

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 09:55:25 am »

Im currently doing a van mount , i will post the total amount of time its taken me,  ( yes i am keeping a record of it )

Matt you must be finished by now with all that time you've had off  ;D - need a hand?

matt

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 10:29:40 am »

Matt you must be finished by now with all that time you've had off  ;D - need a hand?

;D ;D ;D ive honestly not been able to do much, i did make a start on the rear fixings on wednesday, ( i had to wait for the wife to empty the back of the van of the cart and all the 25 L barrels ), though i spent more time making a VIKAN even LIGHTER ;)

my flat van battery turned out to be a short on the rear speaker, i guess the dampness in the van didnt help it, so i have now ripped the stereo out and put the battery on charge ( it might be ok )