Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: I give up
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2009, 12:58:19 am »
Just wondering how much to charge for a 300ft cruise ship, anyone got any ideas?

robert meldrum

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2009, 10:05:42 am »
Naaaaaaaah

Don't get involved with little boats !

Dave_Lee

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2009, 11:45:57 am »
These arguments, accusations etc do nothing for what forums like this are designed. The root cause of members suspicions, and hence frustrations are the weak individuals who for their own selfish pathetic reasons choose to cause mischief. They are not man enough to argue or discuss topics in a mature open manner under their true identity, instead they register a ficticious name. Quite often this is glaringly obvious and the culprit can easily be identified, but its also true that someone could be wrongly identified, and to be falsley accused of something, that is hard to defend is truly terrible.
Whether there is a culprit in this case, and whether the suggested person is indeed the one responsible, I dont know, but could I just suggest in future that if that if anyone has suspicions of a ficticious member posting, they do not respond to his input. They usually go away eventually anyway.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2009, 12:16:12 pm »
Regardless of the rules of this, or any other forum for cleaning PROFESSIONALS, it is a matter of courtesy to say at least who you are and where you're from. Yes have a"Nom de Plume" but make it clear in some way exactly who you are.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
CleanBiker from Alvechurch
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

clinton

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2009, 12:39:31 pm »
Ken

I agree on that one and just a little about themselves would only take a min or so to do that :)

« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2009, 02:19:14 pm »
Unless they make it a rule to do so, there's not much can be done if people wish to withhold details about themselves. We have to respect people's wishes if they do not want to give any information about themselves.

It matters not a jot to me because I come on here to learn about my chosen profession, not to find out where people are from, it's a Cleaners forum not a dating site. :-* :-* :-*

Dave_Lee

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2009, 03:06:51 pm »
What I was really refering to in my last post was not so much someone registering and using a nickname or similar, but an already registered member, registering another identity to cause mischief/have a laugh/annoy others or whatever. Then when they disagree with a post, can be quite offensive in their arguments without their true identity being revealed.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

The Great One

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2009, 03:17:56 pm »
Hi

It seems quite a lot of people on this site do not reveal everything about themselves, some do not have their age, some do not have an email, some don't put area etc, etc, etc.

Doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about, if it is that important then make it an absolute rule when joining.

In the posts I have seen from Colin, I don't think I have seen him be abusive, nasty, or derogatory in any way.

He doesn't have to reveal where he is from, is he alone not allowed that basic freedom of choice.

I agree with Happy Colin, it's not a dating site :-*

Regards

Martin 8)

richy27

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2009, 03:32:52 pm »
i agree with giving info about yourself but you also have the right not to give info about yourself  if you choose.

Its entirely up to the moderators who they bin if they feel its not constructive on here. And tell me if i am wrong we are all on here to share tales and get ideas.

Also if you have any doubts about someones ethics on a topic you dont have to contribute to the subject bit like a puppy if you ignore it it stops jumpin up and goes away.

I have personally being trying to put picture on with no success. any ideas perhaps my pic is too butt ugly

The Great One

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2009, 03:45:32 pm »
Hi

Can't be that bad Richard, managed to get my ugly boat up!

It is probably too big, reduce the size and in profile click on the add my own pic and then browse to the pic you want.

Good luck

Regards

Martin 8)

clinton

« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2009, 04:01:27 pm »
 :)

Richard

If you go onto your profile info there is a section that says upload your photo just browse and attatch it,dont worry took me ages to fathom it out and had to reduce the picture on mine,so i put them on our face book page and did it from there :)

richy27

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2009, 04:21:39 pm »
thanks worked it put

clinton

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2009, 05:42:33 pm »
Nice one richard you did it quicker than i did :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2009, 06:24:59 pm »
Hi Guys

I was brought up that a man offers a firm handshake and looks you in the eye.

To me our profiles are our handshakes and I take a lot more notice of those who have them filled in , than those who don't.

In fact if I wasn't moderating I wouldn't even bother reading the posts of those who hide behind various excuses why they have to act in a shifty manner.

More and more have their photos, websites etc  on their profiles so we know who they are and this is increasing all the time.

James Roffey for example, a newbie came on from day 1 with his proper name and immediately gained respect.

Cheers

Doug

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:09 am »
martin 606 rich dad,poor dad.....class

Ryan

The Great One

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2009, 09:52:06 am »
Hi

Ryan, glad you liked it, that book changed my life.

Regards

Martin 8)

Colin finney

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2009, 01:27:26 pm »
Doug, as I have said before, we came across this site through our businesses dealings with Express Cleaning Supplies. At first I thought the forum was a cross section of friendly people with mixed abilities and levels of success but it appears to be run by a group of people who make the rules up as they go along. My presence was tolerated until I said how successful we were and from then on I have been the target of the bully boy tactics of the few, suffering harassment and hypocrisy, I have even been accused of being someone else. I have said this before and I will say it again, I am within the rules of this forum as there is no rule that states that anyone has  to prove who they are or in this case who they are not.
After having deleted ALL of my posts, some that contained opposing views to his own which I think stinks Mike Halliday said this the other day on this very subject.

colin, its not about your profile (anything can be put there) its about proving who you are to the member who asked.

Where does it say this and if there is no rule then why are the moderators not defending me. If that isn’t hypocrisy Doug then what is? You said recently:
In fact if I wasn't moderating I wouldn't even bother reading the posts of those who hide behind various excuses why they have to act in a shifty manner.

Before you say anything else, you and anyone else on here that chooses to slander my good name should be very careful about what you say about me on a public forum.

I joined this forum because I saw it as a place that I could use to share what I know about this business. While I refuse to fill out my profile, (because it would involve revealing sensitive information to our many competitors). I was prepared to share my own ideas on how to build a successful carpet cleaning business for those members that might find it interesting, informative and helpful in their own businesses and of course to provide something for the idiots to ridicule. But why bother, because to get to the genuine people who I may be able to help in some small way, I have to suffer the constant bullying to conform to a rule that doesn’t exist. All I am trying to do is help other people, is there something wrong with that Doug, or do you have another unwritten rule about that too?
Col

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2009, 01:57:31 pm »
I must admit that I find this whole thread extremely tedious.

However, out of curiosity I just logged onto the truckmounters forum and Simon is currently offline at the same time that Colin is online.

The inference seems to be that Simon is Colin - now I appreciate that he could have 2 computers, however Simon is an intelligent man and I can't believe he would go to all that trouble just to post on this forum - especially as none of Colin's posts are imflammatory or causing mischief.

I could of course be completely wrong - but then again I couldn't give a monkeys one way or the other  ::)

Steve

The Great One

« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2009, 02:23:42 pm »
Hi All

It's not about being tedious, it's about Injustice.

Colin, IMO, has been dealt with Unjustly.

He has given help and advice and has been deleted for it. He doesn't HAVE to prove he has 3 vans on the road, why can't his word be good enough, or at least given the benefit of the doubt?

On another thread where Sherco rightly points out that £200 a day will be £4000 every 20 days, but what some people are saying on here is that £200 is not worth it. Maybe for one job it may not be, depending on certain factors, but to turn down say 20 jobs over the year then there would possibly be £4000 less on the books. taken over 5 years that £20,000 less that's gone to someone else.

There are plenty of people on here that have not filled in every detail of their profile, why not? Is there something to hide? Can they be trusted? why are they not willing to give every detail? should they be able to give advice if they can't fill out every detail? etc ad infinitum.

Colin like the rest of us doesn't HAVE to prove anything.

Regards

Martin 8)

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:29 pm »
Hi Martin

I think you're missing the point - this isn't about Colin being deleted for not filling in his profile, although that is the consequence. It's about Colin and Simon supposedly being one and the same person and Colin adding smoke to the fire by not wanting to prove who he is.

Personally I don't know why Simon would bother to do this when he has his very own forum to post anything he wants, but as I said before I could be wrong.

Steve