Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jon777

Re: How much do you charge for suites
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2009, 01:44:13 pm »
Between 1 & 2.

It doesent have to be a wind up just because you dont charge that much.

I am not knocking what you do or charge thats up to you, just saying what I'm doing.

robert meldrum

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 08:27:48 am »
The claim of £280 per suite and winning 2 out of every 3 quoted, is one of the most pretentious posts I 've read on any board. Someone is surely deluding themselves. If not, they are certainly conning their customers.

John Kelly

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 09:20:44 am »
Robert you may be right but why do you always say people who charge high prices are conning their customers. They aren't, if their customer wants to pay a high price that is their choice.
Its like food, you can buy bangers and mash in a cafe for 3 quid, in a restaurant it might be 20. At the end of the day its still some sausages, tattie and gravy on a plate.

jon777

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 06:25:52 pm »
I didnt say two out of three

I said between 1 and 2, there is a big difference. I think that most people understand but I will explain it as robert cant seem to grasp it.

Between 1 & 2 means for every 100 quotes I should convert between 33 & 66.  (Get it Rob?)

My clients are also very happy and return to me.

Dont knock high pricing just because you want to work for the min wage.

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 07:38:00 pm »
The claim of £280 per suite and winning 2 out of every 3 quoted, is one of the most pretentious posts I 've read on any board. Someone is surely deluding themselves. If not, they are certainly conning their customers.

Here we go again Rob. Do you know where this guy lives? Who is customers are? Do you know whether his custys spend a grand a week on Champagne? No you don't do you, all you know is what you can do with your customers and that's all.

As to pretentious, well that's your view, I'm more interested in HOW he does it. Also you like this idea that those who charge considerably more than you are conmen. How does that work then, is he doing something illegal by charging more than you feel easy with?

Chris R

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 09:09:21 pm »

Here we go again Rob. Do you know where this guy lives? Who is customers are? Do you know whether his custys spend a grand a week on Champagne? No you don't do you, all you know is what you can do with your customers and that's all.

He comes from Oxford.

Runs 2 x steamway truckmounts.

Charges .79p per foot carpets.

Uses  fast track

http://www.huntscleaning.com/

regards

Chris

Staffordshire

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009, 10:15:48 pm »
I good website too.

robert meldrum

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 10:21:10 pm »
OK...............he's not who I though he was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incidentally Mike, my LOWER charge is about FIFTEEN TIMES the minimum wage.

clinton

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 10:37:05 pm »
A decent website :)

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 11:29:51 pm »
I'm going to do some video testimonials for my site. I will do really tight head shot so you can't see the gun. ;D

clinton

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:21 am »
Mike ;D

Have not seen your site yet mike ???

Dave_Lee

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2009, 04:29:10 pm »
Reently rocked mine over the £100 threshold. I have decided this year not to increase prices just for the sake of it, but to charge more for those jobs that do take extra time, like suites and HSL's and those jobs when setting up and down takes longer.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 04:40:04 pm »
Mike ;D

Have not seen your site yet mike ???

Mark Roberts did a great job, but I'm not happy with the copy and content I gave him. Probably leave it and do a separate one myself and which wins.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 04:47:57 pm »
I think some CCs need to wake up. "Cant get them prices for cleaning this and that!?" Just because You cant or you dont think its right or whatever, there are lots of CCs out there, not only Hunts cleaning, doing just that, getting high prices for their services. Most of them dont visit these forums as they prefer to communicate with other like minded operators. Personaly if I was just starting in this business, I would follow their route rather than any other, as it is, my regular customers of many years will only stand a reasonable price increase, so I cant make the leap, wish I could.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 04:52:01 pm »
I was of the inderstanding the reason very few contribute is they have to sign an oath of  silience

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 05:03:16 pm »
Ian

They are probably taught early on (and sounds a bit cult like), that it's a well known phenomina that you become like the people you interact with. Birds of a feather and all that. So keep away from the bottom feeders.

Harsh but true. Same goes for negative people, just sap your emotional energy.

Also if you say you get £280 for cleaning a suite on a regular basis and someone on here says that's not possible, you are either a liar or a conman, why would you carry on reading that, you would just laugh and go off and clean another suite. ;D

Dave_Lee

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 05:25:11 pm »
Ian,
No theres no oath of silence, just a natural reluctance to share the real information with other that have not paid for the privaledge. Of course some content has leaked out, and theres no secret to a lot of it, its how its used that makes the difference. If you are like me and have built up your business with reasonable pricing, even if you have the tools to achieve high prices it is very difficult to make that change. Some have done it and done incredibly well, but it means a complete change of attitude and mindset. Maybe if I had discovered it ten or fifteen years earlier I would have gone the whole hog, as I truly believe there are lots of customers in every area that are willing to pay the higher price, in fact they are right now only dealing with those CC's that, do charge, the higher price.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 06:01:00 pm »
My bad habit is quoting over the phone I know I could command a greater price for those bad jobs and the ones where they want multiples of rooms cleaning best thing about a TM is that if you get it wrong you don't always lose out.

Shaun

Dave_Lee

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2009, 07:59:20 pm »
Yeah I know what you mean Shaun. I too have the awful habit of phone quoting when I know that I can get 30% more if I go and quote. Trouble is like you ive been doing this so long, most of the time I cant be bothered and take the chance with a phone quote. Quoting on site at the higher price I almost always get the job, so the question is - is it worth the extra to go out and quote or is it worth 30% less to phone quote. If work does become tight, I'll be going out to quote, but at the moment I'll carry on doing what I'm doing.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2009, 08:17:04 pm »
Surely there are other benefits to quoting in person.

You not only see what they want cleaning but also other things they didn't realise needed cleaning. ;)

You know where the job is, access, whether there's 10 dogs, additional problematic stains etc

And sometimes you meet someone and you think 'no thanks' better on the quote than when you turn up for the job.

I think you established guys should take it easy and just phone quote, especially anyone round my way.  :)