This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: To dump or not to dump?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 04:57:36 pm »
Dump.
It's a game of three halves!

davids3511

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 05:00:33 pm »
Went to see her today and she was ok. As it turns out she is having money (and memory!) problems and wants me to go 2 monthly. Will give it one last go as she is an old lady and I want to be fair to her.

When it came time to pay she opened the door with £12.00 in her hand. I said 'it is £24.00 today as you didn't pay last month'.

'Oh, I know but I though I sent a cheque'.

'Well, no cheque has been received'.

'Ok, I will pay for both today and look at my bank statement'.

With that she hands me £20.00 and goes looking for £5.00. She comes back to the door and give me another £25.00. I told her she had already given me £20.00 and gave it back to her. She looked relieved and became quite friendly after that. It was then she explaine the money worries and asked if I would go 2 monthly. I said 'Sure, no problem.

Hopefully it will go ok from here on in but this is last chance saloon for her.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 05:12:07 pm »
Went to see her today and she was ok. As it turns out she is having money (and memory!) problems and wants me to go 2 monthly. Will give it one last go as she is an old lady and I want to be fair to her.

When it came time to pay she opened the door with £12.00 in her hand. I said 'it is £24.00 today as you didn't pay last month'.

With that she hands me £20.00 and goes looking for £5.00. She comes back to the door and give me another £25.00. I told her she had already given me £20.00 and gave it back to her. She looked relieved and became quite friendly after that. It was then she explaine the money worries and asked if I would go 2 monthly. I said 'Sure, no problem.

Sound like she's genuinely losing her marbles - in that case I would cut her a bit of slack.

davids3511

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 05:25:02 pm »

Sound like she's genuinely losing her marbles - in that case I would cut her a bit of slack.

That's what I though. Tried to deal with her like I hope someone in my position and situation would deal with my mum (83).

geefree

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 05:29:04 pm »
or cut her off all together , before the marbles are completely lost ;)

dumped a 15 pounder yesterday... he said dont bother in this weather... it was cloudy !!.... i said the weather is fine...

him... well leave it this time.

me.. well if all my customers said that, i would be unemployed.

him; well im sure they dont, so you will be ok..

i remember last year i was the best thing since sliced bread, cleaning his old farm windows, tiny old panes, hard to reach.

He wont be seeing me again,... feel like dropping a little note in saying, due to you messing me around, and not contacting me on the previous day, i have now replaced you with a regular customer who values our service..

what do you think?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 05:33:48 pm »
I agree Gazza!

kenaltobelli

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 06:31:38 pm »
dump it if they give bad vibes dump it if they dont pay dump it if they look at you the wrong
way in fact my custis have to try really hard to keep me all i ask is to be payed what i want when i want no complaining not a lot to ask is it

daz34zler

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 10:41:40 pm »
i had a custy similar to this one.......
in the end i gave her my card and told her to phone me when she wants them
done............oh and by the way your £20 bungelow will now be £25.......
trust me not worth the hassel........... 8) 8) 8)

poole bay

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 03:57:02 pm »
egg her!!!

Rogue Trader

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 11:13:38 pm »
Dump dump dump

i would have dumped her after the first refusal,

i cant believe the amount of chances that some people give downright messer custies.

dump dump dump ::) ::) ::)

davids3511

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 11:38:53 pm »
Dump dump dump

i would have dumped her after the first refusal,

i cant believe the amount of chances that some people give downright messer custies.

dump dump dump ::) ::) ::)

That's easy to say but I have lost about 30 customers since October. I would rather stand a little messing and pay the bills than be proud and dump dump dump as you put it.