This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rdingley

Cleaning Contract - Outputs
« on: November 11, 2003, 04:35:04 pm »
Hi

I am in the process of preparing a tender document for cleaning services to a large office; 60,000 sq ft.

Rather than include a lengthy cleaning specification (inputs) I would like to include the outputs.

Does anyone have knowledge of doing this and if so any assistance would be much appreciated?

Thanks
Rupert

Musicman

Re: Cleaning Contract - Outputs
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 05:14:25 pm »
Hi Rupert, I have copies of output specifications if you would like me to fax them to you (well one anyway).

Let me have your fax number.

Personally, I find that once I have put a prescriptive specification together it only takes a few minutes to tweak the spec to each customers needs - thus being more time efficient.

What overall productivity are you applying?

Musicman
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

rdingley

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 05:27:41 pm »
Musicman

Fax number is 01224 351169

Thank you in advance.

I don't understand your productivity question.

Regards
Rupert

Musicman

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 06:01:04 pm »
Hi Rupert, I've sent the fax although you'll have to work out the order from the page numbers on the bottom (damn Gov't departments printing on both sides of the paper!).

I may have misunderstood your original post. Are you putting the tender out for companies to quote for, or are you tendering for the contract? I read it as the latter.

If you are tendering, the productivity is the amount of square feet an hour you expect your cleaners to achieve. For example, a 60,000 square feet building with 3,000 square feet per hour productivity works out at 20 cleaning hours.

If on the other hand you are asking other contractors to submit bids, what productivity levels would you be expecting them to achieve given that an output specification is vague?

Regards

Musicman

Success is where hard work meets opportunity!