Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert meldrum

KAWAZAKI DISEASE
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:39:45 pm »
With the death of John Travolta's son being linked to carpet cleaning chemicals has anyone any idea/ knowledge of the chemicals concerned.

robert m

Re: KAWAZAKI DISEASE
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:57:35 pm »
I think this is improbable. I feel it's much more likely to be a Galactic Confederacy conspiracy. ;)

sherco

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:46:16 am »
I had Kawasaki disease when i was a bit younger, then i traded it for a Suzuki then i felt better  ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:08:32 am »
un proven but if a custy asks, tell them its linked with stagnent water and enzymes, and that you dry carpets quickly so no stagnation, and you don't use enzymes.

not a joke in sight.
i'm a reformed character ;D
derek

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 10:20:57 am »
As far as I know it's only ever been linked to babies and is it not another one of these things that Doctors don't like to look dumb so they give it a name, usually a 'syndrome' of some kind and then say 'Well it may have something to do with the carpet, after all babies spend a lot of time on the floor crawling around'  ::)

derek west

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:05:40 am »
jon travoltas son was a teenager mike.
might of been a saturday night fever. ;D
derek

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 11:13:10 am »
There's another joke in his back catalogue but I will refrain.

sherco

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 11:22:31 am »
I heard he slipped on some GREASE  ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 11:29:39 am »
An autopsy is planned for John Travolta's teenage son, who died after apparently hitting his head on the bathtub

Jett became very sick when he was 2 years old and was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, an illness that leads to inflammation of the blood vessels in young children. She blamed household cleaners and fertilizers,

I've just read quite a few reports on the internet didn't see carpet cleaning mentioned once.

Robert m can you give us a link to were this statement came from 'being linked to carpet cleaning chemicals'
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 11:46:12 am »
I know nothing of the 16 year old Travolta, but..................I have a potentially fatal heart condition, which is no big deal, as I 'm 64 and was only diagnosed at 62, but..............I have a stunningly beautiful daughter who is not yet 16 and was born with major heart problems.
As was one of Ally McCoists sons and many others...........

I posted, as there was mention of a " possible "link to carpet cleaning chemicals and anything that could be regarded as negative to the industry should be investigated and clarified ASAP.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/804960-overview

the possible connection to carpet cleaning chemicals was also mentioned on the news last night

derek west

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:02 pm »

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 12:09:22 pm »
From memory, Kawasaki Syndrome came to light in Japan. Observers felt that airborne SHAMPOO bubbles inhaled whilst sleeping were the cause of the syndrome. It should be noted that no link with carpet cleaning and KS has ever been confirmed despite some research having been carried out. It should also be noted that in Japan, the norm is to sleep on a thin matress on the typically uncarpeted floor. This suggests that any floor surface dust would be constantly mobile, whether from natural air movement or from the persons respiration. Airborne allergens would therefore create a considerable risk for any dust allergen sensitive sleeping person.

I have felt over the years that one of the greatest occupational hazards to ourselves is the air/dust movement when dry vaccing carpets. This can be caused not only by the recirculation of allergens through a non-hepa vac unit, but also from the machines exhaust blowing air sometimes through and from behind radiators etc.

The BBC News report I heard this morning was that it is suspected that the young Mr Travolta had one of his  seizures which then led to his fall in the bathroom.

To loose a child in such a tragic way must be the worst circumstance imaginable for any parent. Our thoughts and prayers must be with the Travolta family at this time.

Safe and happy cleaning :'(
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

robert meldrum

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 12:28:45 pm »
When the national news mentions anything negative, the natives run for the hills, remember the reaction to Edwina Curries egg comments!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 12:41:05 pm »
Yes Robert, I do remember Auntie Edwina. I come from a family that were in the egg and chicken industry. Edwina's observations about Sam an' Ella were accurate but didn't tell the whole story. Basically do the job properly ie cooking, and the problem goes away. I wont say more about the issue as it's inappropriate here.

Safe and happy cleaning eating :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 12:47:07 pm »
I remember a sad story about a little lad who had a suit and the parents had it dry cleaned.  He put it on straight after and fell asleep and died from the fumes.

richie

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 01:42:49 am »
Such a tragic thing to happen to anyone let alone someone so young.  I think its appalling that some of you guys are making a joke of the death of someones son. 

Happy New Year to those of you that realise that the death of a innocent child is NOT a joke.

Richie.

derek west

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 02:00:41 am »
sorry ritchie, was a bit out of order,
its weird but celebs don't seem real to me so i guess thats my only excuse, all be it a poor one. i shall think before i jest next time.
derek

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 03:16:50 am »
It's hard to imagine losing a child, they should always outlive the parent, although this is far too often not the case! If I thought for 1 minute that what I did as my profession could ever result in the death of anyone, yet alone a child... I'd seek an alternative means of living...

Famous or not, to die at 16 years old is not a laughing matter!

Darren O

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 11:04:37 am »
I was watching Fox news about 4.ooam this morning couldnt sleep theres a big thing in America just now about John Travolta and how his son died and Scientology.In the media now they are saying that he withheld medicen from his son because its against there religion and they had Tom Cruise on saying that was nonsense they dont do anything like that.Then that guy Giraldo came on used to do the talk shows years ago he came out and said live on air John Travolta son died from a seizure because of his Aurtisim but they wont admit it because acording to Scientology Aurtisim dosent exist as does any mental health disease and he also said they are using this Kawazaki Disease as an exuse.