This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WFP bargin?
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:16:19 pm »
Just seen this on ebay, is this a bargin?

Will this do for starters?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20593&item=5962087111&rd=1

AuRavelling79

Re: WFP bargin?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:22:51 pm »
50 litres water won't go far and there is no R/O unit included so I guess you'll be replacing resin pretty often too. It looks like unger poles with Vikan brush. So they're OK.

50 litres = 2/3 standard semi's - maybe only 2 for a first clean.

The seller is over-stating the ladder ban bit too so what else is he over-stating
It's a game of three halves!

Philip Hanson

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 01:26:01 am »
I'd be inclined to agree with Graham here

These systems are a 'must have' for any window cleaning company, because with the governments plans to institute a ladder ban, they will soon be the only way to do this work. Very soon this will be the only way to clean windows legally and safely so don't get left behind.

This is simply not true.  It'd be fine if the seller was saying its a way to work more safely, but when people come out with things like "the government plans to institute a ladder ban" it really gets my goat.  This is simply a lie to try to sell something.

I might email him and ask where it says this in the proposal document, because having studied all of the 166 pages, I did not see that anywhere.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 08:23:17 am »
I might email him and ask where it says this

Why don't we ALL e-mail him!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 08:34:35 am »
Philip,
You read the ENTIRE DOCUMENT :o :o
I struggled to read ten pages, after the first sentence on page one I was falling asleep at the computer, who needs sleeping pills or War and Peace to get to sleep, when you can pick up any official government document and attempt to read it ;D

Ian ;)
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Philip Hanson

Re: WFP bargin? New
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 10:25:54 am »
Yes, I did it, its easier if you print it out first, but you'll need new ink cartidges!

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton