Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin R

Halfords suspended
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:38:51 pm »
Halfords have suspended window cleaning until further notice.

I sub-contract these from another firm and have just been informed. On the bright side they are up to date with payment.

chrisyg

Re: Halfords suspended
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:42:27 pm »
Thats not good news  :o

Hope its just a cleaning issue, not a state of their finances as a company.

Who's the parent company?

chrisyg

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:48:55 pm »
sorry i mean halfords parent company.

ok cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:53:47 pm »
how  did    you get a job from OCS ? they dont sub their work only employ staff

ok cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:10:32 pm »
very unusuall

landy2

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 05:26:40 pm »
does anybody know any other who have suspended there window cleaning

niceandclean

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 05:35:22 pm »
I read in the paper a few weeks back,  that they reckon Halfords maybe another retailer that may go in the New Year, along with the PC World group. But obviously, just speculation.

landy2

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 05:39:10 pm »
but true cash is best

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
a local halfords to me is still being cleaned

cbcs

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 07:02:36 pm »
Co-op Travel have just cancelled due to not having an allowance for window cleaning anymore.

ftp

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 10:52:10 pm »
Got a question : some of these companies offer things like buy now, pay later especially the furniture companies. What happens if they go bust after a couple of months? Do you keep the goods or is there a third party involved in the deal who will still demand money after the company has gone under?

niceandclean

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 10:59:26 pm »
Got a question : some of these companies offer things like buy now, pay later especially the furniture companies. What happens if they go bust after a couple of months? Do you keep the goods or is there a third party involved in the deal who will still demand money after the company has gone under?

You still pay the money to the finance company who you have the agreement with.

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 01:47:48 am »
some premier inns!
Cleaned mine in December so I'll find out this month, they still owe me but I was late cleaning last month.

LWC

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 08:11:46 am »
how  did    you get a job from OCS ? they dont sub their work only employ staff

OCS phoned me a couple of times and i clean 2 shops for them on a weekly basis.

Matt

tomy jackson

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 08:47:25 am »
dont wory theal not let you off paying , but if you put muny down and it went pear shape thats dif

jsm

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 08:50:20 am »
I was chating to a window cleaner in wrexham  yesterday from OCS and he said they was shutting offices around the country.
Looks like they are cutting back also - maybe some of us little firms may get some of their work .
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

NBwcs

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 10:39:39 am »
Land of leather are in big trouble, apparently paid the staff very late over the xmas period and wont take cash deposits and  are expected to face some sort of major upheaval ( ie administration, cease trading etc) very shortly. Another of the big sofa firms , not sure if its csl or scs are rumoured to be in bother as well. Glad im mostly residential.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 10:56:59 am »
Land of leather are in big trouble, apparently paid the staff very late over the xmas period and wont take cash deposits and  are expected to face some sort of major upheaval ( ie administration, cease trading etc) very shortly. Another of the big sofa firms , not sure if its csl or scs are rumoured to be in bother as well. Glad im mostly residential.

I quoted for their (L o L's) windows a few months back too.  Just as well I didn't get it I reckon.  I do have one customer who owes four invoices.  They are an offshoot of the aircraft industry.  They don't know it yet but I've taken the decision to suspend their service and won't be doing their clean next weekend - unless all invoices are paid in full before then.  It's not like I haven't asked for the money enough times.  I have saved every business email for several years that relates to current or potential customers.

I know things about chasing bad debts have been posted here before but can someone supply a link to what I need to do if it needs court action.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 11:04:00 am »
OCS asked me to clean all the homebase stores in Ireland for them a few weeks back. They found me through google!!

I actually passed the job onto a friend though, as he's more centrally located and has a better setup for handling big jobs like this. Shows the benefits of a decent website though!

matt

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 01:22:33 pm »
OCS phoned me once and offered me a job i used to do, the money wasnt great, so i declined the offer, i told him i was aiming to take the job back when it was next up in 12 months time, i didnt get the job, but they lost it to some1 else who does it even cheaper  :( and it really is cheap

ok cleaning

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 02:36:58 pm »
hi boys the reason isaid OCS dont sub cleaners was i clean crowned post offices (only the windows) the cleaning company i sub for to clean these post offices lost some of these post offices to OCS so i was not able to clean windows of these offices any more and i ofcourse contacted to OCS to carry on cleaning the answer was we are multinational company and we dont sub staff we only employ them full time