Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian_Giles

Re: cheque payment slow at first.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 04:03:16 pm »
Debbie,

It's always been that way with window cleaning and collecting your money in this country :'(
I guess it is just the way it has developed, as a customer you just expect the window cleaner to call back and collect his money if you are out.
And of course the bills are relatively tiny compared to yours over there.
Also many window cleaners prefer to collect at the door as they will usually be paid in cash.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005, 07:21:25 pm »
It's always been that way with window cleaning and collecting your money in this country

Guess so Ian. What we could do with doing is to change that view.

I would rather Window Cleaners had a profssional image.

I do realise however, that for many, cash flow is sometimes keen.

I'm in a very favourable position, having good cash flow, small household bills, and a bit of money in the bank.

Believe me, its not always been that way!!

So what should Tosh do?

Keep working, keep increasing the prices, do whatever you can to increase the money you recieve.

By the way Debbie, it would be great if everyone followed the Golden Rule.

texas girl

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 09:45:26 pm »
REAH,

Something I also provide for payment options is that I take credit card payments. ;D

Every now and then one of my clients may want a rental property cleaned, putting house up for sale, etc, and they are out of town.

Even tho I don't use it that much, it is nice to have the choice. It is not that expensive to get the credit machine; often if you go to your local bank they may have a good price for the hardware as well as the merchant services. :D

And it is a business deduction. ;D

The transaction is done over the phone; maybe an auto charge to their credit card each month may be prefferable. ;D

Just brainstorming because it is too bad that collecting payment is delayed .

Hugs,

Texas Girl

Debbie

texas girl

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2005, 02:52:03 am »
Pure and Clean;

Yes, you are correct about the monthly charge for a residence versus a charge every 6 months. ;D

I have over 300 commercial accounts; many of them small.  I have my workers collect cash or check as the job is completed 80 % of the time.

The other 19% I fax invoices to with a due on receipt, 7 days, or in some cases 30 days.

I have a very good program on my computer that faxes directly to my customers.  I have them all on file and I mostly just change the dates each month or every 2 weeks.

The other 1% of my accounts I have to actually print an invoice and mail it. With technology today hardly anyone wants to do snail mail and that mess. ;D

I used to spend all day doing invoices a few years ago.  >:(

Thank the Lord times have changed!  Yes; our markets are very different. Volume for one area for me, and volume in another area for you all. :o

Main thing is that we are doing the best proffession on the earth!  The hidden goldmine! The smart man's (or woman's ) business! 8)

And yes; I love the heat!!! Actually the intense heat lasts for about 2 months. We just work early in the morning and stay in the air conditioning or the lake or a swimming pool in the afternoon.

We do have some large pesky critters over here too; and don't forget rattlesnakes(never seen one); have seen tarantulas and one time I saw a 6 inch long centipede that still gives me chills when I remember seeing it on my laundry room floor.

The worst creatures we have are FIRE ANTS!  :P

Hugs, Texas Girl :-* :-*
Debbie