This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANGLASSUK

Re: What's the worst job you ever had?
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 09:51:15 am »
Not too sure about the worst job i ever had, but the best job was when i left school i was working and training as a professional photographer working in oxford street in London taking pictures of page 3 girls.
It was great seeing all that naked flesh and having to make nipples hard with ice cubes those were the days.  ;D

Ian W

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 10:01:09 am »
Not too sure about the worst job i ever had, but the best job was when i left school i was working and training as a professional photographer working in oxford street in London taking pictures of page 3 girls.
It was great seeing all that naked flesh and having to make nipples hard with ice cubes those were the days.  ;D

That sounds like a dream job!  ;D

The worst job I had was working in a steel fabrication company. I was only 17 and one of the guys there was always on my case. Lost all enthusiasm and was glad to get out...  :(
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 06:31:04 pm »
UPS courier, just stress all the way. Started at 7am and was delivering in south london by 830am. Over 100 drops and collections had to be cleared in crappy london traffic and then the M25 and M23 back home. If I was lucky I'd be finished by 630pm.
I had boils all over my neck and back which must have been stressed related because as soon as I jacked it in they all went!
Never again, I'd rather be skint. Oh' almost forgot to say, all for approx 18k ???

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 04:16:51 pm »
My worst job since becoming a window cleaner was a sewage treatment plant somewhere just north of the Dartford Tunnel.  (There wasn't a bridge then, this was circa 1970 :P)  The roof of the building was flat, and the sewage was pumped up and discharged into channels on the roof, it flowed round and then went down through the building into the treatment sections.

In the middle of the roof were some offices, and the channels ran round the base of the office walls.  I had to span a ladder over the channels to get to the office windows, and the s**t on the glass was so thick they looked like brown frosted windows.  The only way to get it off was to scrape it.  It didn't need wetting, it was constantly wet from the splashes from the channels.

Talk about "wasn't fit to shovel s**t........." ;D ;D

supernova77

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 04:23:29 pm »
I was the 'Pay Guy' for the 2nd Battalion the Royal Anglians in Chepstow; posted into them on promotion to Staff Sergeant, into a Warrant Officer's post, from an extremely busy three-years from 32 Royal Engineers in Hohne, Germany; straight from a manic tour of Kosovo where we'd all lived in a wet field for months on end in Macedonia, prior to moving into Kosovo.

Anyway, I thought my tour with the Royal Anglians would be a cushy posting; all we had on the calandar was one exercise in Belize, Central America before a unit move to Norther Ireland, a place I love.

But it all went pear-shaped.  The firemen strikes kicked off and Iraq and Afganistan were looming in the background.  Then we had a company deploy to Northern Ireland and the Commanding Officer forced me to work Mon to Fri in Chepstow and then fly to Northern Ireland each weekend, departing on a Friday and returning on a Sunday; this went on for about four months; and my department was seriously over-worked and undermanned.

It was a stressful time.  Despite working horendously long hours, we couldn't provide a decent standard of service to the lads; due to undermanning and the sheer volume of work-load placed upon us; so despite the graft we were putting in, it went mostly unrecognised and we were mostly thought of as 'poo'.

I was also having to plan and prepare for a Belize Exercise, a deployment to Afganistan, and working like an idiot just trying to keep my head above water; and following the Northern Ireland tour we ended up covering Paisley, just outside of Glasgow during the firestrikes; which was a real pain in the ass too. 

I was never at home; remembering that I'd just come back from Kosovo.

So, after seventeen years service and a handful of years away from my imediate army pension at the age of 40 (next year), I jacked it all in and became a window cleaner.

Whew; that was a very cathartic whinge.

Thank you.

So my last posting was my worst job!

Lol, Tosh you remind me of uncle Albert (Only Fools and Horses) - During the war...

;)

Andy

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 04:32:34 pm »
I too use to work in the printing industry at Jarrold Printers in Norwich.

20 years almost and im so glad i have changed to window cleaning.
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

DaveG

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 06:06:21 pm »
Ive only had 2 jobs before window cleaning ....Striker for West Ham and a stripper in a gay bar..god that was embarrassing..................................having to play for them!!!!!

;D ;D ;D :o
You can't polish a turd

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 06:18:29 pm »
arrr so you were playing with dean ashton and stripping for him as well  ;D
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

DaveG

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 07:26:55 pm »
 ;)

well it was work......
You can't polish a turd

weetot

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 08:35:38 pm »

I used to put leg make up on page 3 girls. £100 quid a week, not bad at all, but thats all I could afford!

Drum roll.
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 08:36:28 pm »
Ta Darrr!!!  ;D