This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: renault traffic wat a pile of ....
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 10:42:55 am »
If you only drive 20 miles a week you shouldn't get any problems Rog.  :)
Is that right that you've started to get a bit more adventurous and now work three streets away from home?
At least you won't need a satnav.
I don't work anywhere near my house Shiner. ???
I won't do any houses in my estate.
Not posh enough to be my customers.

Dave Turley

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 11:04:03 am »
I love these this van vs that van topics, they're great when you're thinking of getting a new van yourself soon  :)

I like the look of the  new trafic/ps/viv and they're supposed to be a lovely drive, but as a  problematic scudo driver I want to go for reliability with my next van.

I think transits look dated, know they'll probably be reliable,  but they'll most likely drive like a big van.

a toyota would probably be bullet proof but they LOOK like a market traders van and have no large panels for signwriting.

that leaves vw for the size of van I want, but they're expensive?

stil not decided, and what's the difference between a t5 and a t4. is a t5 just newer?

Steve CM

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 11:04:46 am »
Is that right that you've started to get a bit more adventurous and now work three streets away from home?

i was gonna mention that as well. if you give your van a REAL test of work you will see how reliable it is ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 12:59:48 pm »

i was gonna mention that as well. if you give your van a REAL test of work you will see how reliable it is ;D
I do use my van for work.
What are you on about? ???

It's very reliable.
All the people I know with one have had no problems either. ;)
Jealousy is very ugly.

Steve CM

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 01:00:53 pm »
Quote from: Squeaky Clean. link=topic=66601.msg578156#msg578156
Jealousy is very ugly.
[quote

your funny mate! ;D ;D

Slash

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 01:02:39 pm »
never again transit for me next time or vw
Transits are so robust,great vans all round!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 03:26:24 pm »

Yeah.  I've got the same problem Rog   :) .  The town where I live is mostly terraced houses with no access to the back so I have to go out of town for most of my work.   There are areas with semis and detached though but it's mostly ex council estate.  No problem about that except for the access (and I include parking in that).

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 03:31:12 pm »

I do use my van for work.
What are you on about? ???

It's very reliable.
All the people I know with one have had no problems either. ;)
Jealousy is very ugly.

I've got a Trafic too Rog.  Needed a gearbox replaced at 39,000 miles.  Ouch !!.  Even bigger ouch if it hadn't been under warranty.  I've never trusted it properly since that but it has pereformed OK apart from that.  Nice drive but I wonder if some of the bits are a bit fragile for a load bearing van.  I reckon I've got mine for another three years yet (two years left on loan and a year without any repayments).  I'll be grateful if it lasts that long without major replacements being made as I would like it as a contribution to the next deposit (if anyone is still lending money by then).

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 04:36:29 pm »
VW T5, T32

Steve CM

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 06:49:55 pm »
I'll be grateful if it lasts that long without major replacements being made

no chance. it would of had so many new parts by then it will be like a brand new van!! ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 07:50:30 pm »
There plenty of general information about quality and reliability of different vans on CIU, magazines, internet, television and reputation etc.

There’s usually not much difference in price when you consider how long you are going to keep the van, but people will still try and save a few thousand pounds at the start and get a van that will last them years but will cost more in time and money throughout ownership.

Unless you have lots of surplus cash you shouldn’t even consider buying a van based on how you think it looks or whether you get cup holders, AC and CD player etc. It works and gets you to work without worry is the first thing to consider.

Besides being one of the most unreliable vans on the road, Primastar. Traffic and Vivaro they look rubbish. People who think they are reliable most probably think they look good, goes hand in hand.

Fact is if you have a closer look at them, they look rubbish   ;D
Whatever... ::)

Envious? Have a Fiat have we? ;D

Is Fiat the only make worse than yours? So you can’t mention any others.

;D ;D ;D ;D
They're pretty much all worse.
Renault make crap cars, but they're world leaders in vans and lorries.

Nice try though. ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 08:22:45 pm »
There plenty of general information about quality and reliability of different vans on CIU, magazines, internet, television and reputation etc.

There’s usually not much difference in price when you consider how long you are going to keep the van, but people will still try and save a few thousand pounds at the start and get a van that will last them years but will cost more in time and money throughout ownership.

Unless you have lots of surplus cash you shouldn’t even consider buying a van based on how you think it looks or whether you get cup holders, AC and CD player etc. It works and gets you to work without worry is the first thing to consider.

Besides being one of the most unreliable vans on the road, Primastar. Traffic and Vivaro they look rubbish. People who think they are reliable most probably think they look good, goes hand in hand.

Fact is if you have a closer look at them, they look rubbish   ;D
Whatever... ::)

Envious? Have a Fiat have we? ;D

Is Fiat the only make worse than yours? So you can’t mention any others.

;D ;D ;D ;D
They're pretty much all worse.
Renault make crap cars, but they're world leaders in vans and lorries.

Nice try though. ;)

your deluded  ::)

NWH

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 08:45:52 pm »
Everyone i know that has or has had a transit has only good things to say about them.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 09:07:16 pm »

Steve CM

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 09:35:33 pm »
at least we agree on something then eh? ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 09:47:24 pm »
Everyone i know that has or has had a transit has only good things to say about them.

Ford repeats van reliability success

Ford Motor Company

Ford wins Most Reliable Van Manufacturer Overall 2007 & 2008
Ford Transit voted Most Reliable Model 2007 & 2008
Ford Transit Connect awarded second place as Most Reliable Model 2007 & 2008
The Ford Transit, promoted as "the backbone of Britain", has come top of an industry reliability survey based on more than 150,000 commercial vehicles.

With an additional runner-up award for the Ford Transit Connect, Ford took the title as the Most Reliable Manufacturer.

Steve Kimber, commercial vehicles director, Ford of Britain, said: "It is fantastic to see British businesses giving recognition to the vans that get the job done. Transit and its sibling, Connect, deliver a great ownership experience due to their low running costs, durability and reliability."

The survey, conducted by Fleet News (the UK’s leading trade magazine for company car operators), is based on feedback from multitudes of fleet vehicles and is the largest survey of its kind in the world.

edd

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 10:02:50 pm »
Renault piece of ....  the insurance guy is coming on Monday and it should be in by Tuesday to be fixed

edd

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 10:06:20 pm »
how can I feel safe I mean the door just opened and the force of pulling away just ripped it off

Paul Coleman

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 10:59:32 pm »
I'll be grateful if it lasts that long without major replacements being made

no chance. it would of had so many new parts by then it will be like a brand new van!! ;D ;D

Thanks for the encouragement  :)  .
Well it's had the gearbox, power steering pump, rear discs, an engine mounting, and a clutch master cylinder (previous owner) replaced so there's plenty more that could go wrong with it yet.  I was spoilt with my first van (a Nissan Sunny so too small for WFP) as things rarely went wrong with it.  I eventually sold that with 142,000 on the clock and it still had it's original clutch.  Mind you, it did need a handbrake cable replacing (which helps explain why the clutch was OK).

STEVE-UK

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 09:55:20 am »
i always look on carsurvey.org, they give users comments on any car or van

http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_87474.html