This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: LWC banned
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 08:09:13 pm »
I think its a little harsh that some have built there business through this forum, now there up running and established so dont need to pay the £150 + vat a month to have there link under avator, but some who are setting up and trying to help us is now going to get punished.

who in their right mind is going to pay 150 quid a month for a link? 8)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 08:10:21 pm »
No, you haven't been permanently banned. You just need to be aware of our new advertising policy before you can start posting again. Members can no longer advertise the sale of products or equipment free of charge. I notice that you now sell window cleaning equipment and I've attached our price list for you. A link on the bottom of your signature like the one you had added will cost £150+vat per m

Wonder what LWC is going to spend his £520 tax rebate on then?

Simon.

matt

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 08:29:37 pm »
No, you haven't been permanently banned. You just need to be aware of our new advertising policy before you can start posting again. Members can no longer advertise the sale of products or equipment free of charge. I notice that you now sell window cleaning equipment and I've attached our price list for you. A link on the bottom of your signature like the one you had added will cost £150+vat per m

Wonder what LWC is going to spend his £520 tax rebate on then?

Simon.

;D ;D ;D

wightsurf

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 08:37:27 pm »
I think this ban has given him more business , as all those that did'nt know he sells things do now  ;D

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 08:39:12 pm »
I think this ban has given him more business , as all those that did'nt know he sells things do now  ;D

Im serious whats the link? email me it or tell me what to google  ;)

pingu

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 08:40:49 pm »
I might have a look and see what he has for sale... ;D

Cheers
Dave

jaykie

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 08:43:35 pm »

s.w.c

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 08:51:46 pm »
what a joke!!!!!!!!!

jaykie

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:21 pm »
The site is in the process of becoming ready so please go easy on him as he isnt the easyest of people to tahe critisism

WCE

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 08:56:21 pm »
Haven't you worked it out yet, mike started CIU to drum up business for express cleaning supplies and that hasn't happened. What has happened is that individuals have come on here and built their business up with some free advertising and now Mike has had enough. I can kind of understand it as if you built a website/forum and it advertised rivals more than yourself then you would be pretty miffed that this was the case. LWC I expect was a particular threat because he was going into supplies ie in direct competition to express. I do think thats why he was banned from posting although I do think it was heavy handed to ban him without warning (if thats the case). I also wonder if this "new" policy was brought about by people like lwc being in the same market as Express. Clearly some people are going to fall foul of this new policy eg window washers. I assume he will have to pay because he advertises a business yet he could hardly be called competition to Express. I honestly believe that what has gone on is that Mike is fed up of rivals advertising here and that he has realised that by charging £150pm he will be able to (a) Be able to stop direct competition from advertising here unless they pay which will mean he makes £1800 from every competitor and (B) he has realised that he can make the same from other companies that are actually NOT in direct competition with them. However what hasn't been considered is that if the suppliers are out off by this then they wont post, and therefore the membership lose a resource and the forum becomes poorer and could end up losing members as that is part of the attraction of CIU - the diverse membership.
The site sponsor is my local supplier. Do I use them? Rarely. Why? Because they don't stock the range of others. They don't sell Xtels, Sl2/SLX, etc etc. If I looked at their range I would think a powerpole was cutting edge (no offence Glyn & omnipole) and here lies the problem (from a window cleaning point of view). You cant get the products you want off em, Express dont have the range of up to date products that people want to buy, If they stocked xtels for example and they were well priced then maybe that would drum up more business. As for CIU I think it has failed in expectations from the sponsor in that it would promote their business but what is has achieved is it has become the largest cleaning forum there is and as great as that is it isn't quite how the founders vision saw it going.      
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

jaykie

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 08:56:27 pm »
If you email him and get his catalogue, its really good.

Chris

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 09:00:24 pm »
yeah he emailed me..  ;)

Well if you stop this type of advertising, in effect you should also stop members from linking to suppliers just like "other" forums.

jaykie

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 09:04:08 pm »
Haven't you worked it out yet, mile started CIU to drum up business for express cleaning supplies and that hasn't happened. What has happened is that individuals have come on here and built their business up with some free advertising and now Mike has had enough. I can kind of understand it as if you built a website/forum and it advertised rivals more than yourself then you would be pretty miffed that this was the case. LWC I expect was a particular threat because he was going into supplies ie in direct competition to express. I do think thats why he was banned from posting although I do think it was heavy handed to ban him without warning (if thats the case). I also wonder if this "new" policy was brought about by people like lwc being in the same market as Express. Clearly some people are going to fall foul of this new policy eg window washers. I assume he will have to pay because he advertises a business yet he could hardly be called competition to Express. I honestly believe that what has gone on is that Mike is fed up of rivals advertising here and that he has realised that by charging £150pm he will be able to (a) Be able to stop direct competition from advertising here unless they pay which will mean he makes £1800 from every competitor and (B) he has realised that he can make the same from other companies that are actually NOT in direct competition with them. However what hasn't been considered is that if the suppliers are out off by this then they wont post, and therefore the membership lose a resource and the forum becomes poorer and could end up losing members as that is part of the attraction of CIU - the diverse membership.
The site sponsor is my local supplier. Do I use them? Not always. Why? Because they don't stock the range of others. They don't sell Xtels, Sl2/SLX, etc etc. If I looked at their range I would think a powerpole was cutting edge (no offence Glyn & omnipole) and here lies the problem (from a window cleaning point of view). Express dont have the range of up to date products that people want to buy, If they stocked xtels for example and they were well priced then maybe that would drum up more business. As for CIU I think it has failed in expectations from the sponsor in that it would promote their business but what is has achieved is it has become the largest cleaning forum there is and as great as that is it isn't quite how the founders vision saw it going.      

WCE i couldnt agree more, this is the only forum i ever used as the others seemed to only have new posts every other day but on CIU you can push refresh and a new post would soon be there but im recently finding the other forums are getting busyer and there are people on there that use to be regulars on here i.e jeff1, jouk etc im starting to wonder if things are going to change as i see alex g posting on them too along with window washers and lwc, they can also put links up and advertise there businesses. After speaking to a fellow w/c not going to mention but they are also getting fed up with certain things that go on in the forum and are thinking of setting up there own and the ideas they have are very good.

jaykie

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 09:05:33 pm »
what a joke!!!!!!!!!

His site isnt that bad  :)

s.w.c

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 09:16:14 pm »
what a joke!!!!!!!!!

His site isnt that bad  :)
[/quote

this was said about him getting banned not his site

wightsurf

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:58 pm »
I bet this thread is getting there backs up to !! as they ban him now he's got lots of ad space lol.

The web site is looking good   ;D

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 09:45:26 pm »
wce- you can talk, look at how misguided your mag venture was, i gave you several models that might have worked and the fed even offered to let you run the show (more or less). You got stuck on editorial integrity and the right to abuse advertises.

The attempts to convert this forums popularity into an an income stream have been dire.The online directory was a good idea but poorly executed IMO.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 09:49:05 pm »
How come LWC who is genuine, helpful, friendly, and gives loads of great advice is banned,.... and Discount is still allowed to post???

:o

Tosh

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 09:50:16 pm »
How come LWC who is genuine, helpful, friendly, and gives loads of great advice is banned,.... and Discount is still allowed to post???

:o

;D

WCE

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 09:59:37 pm »
The attempts to convert this forums popularity into an an income stream have been dire.The online directory was a good idea but poorly executed IMO.
Right Ok Discount, Fair play to you I agree with you on the above but,
wce- you can talk, look at how misguided your mag venture was, i gave you several models that might have worked and the fed even offered to let you run the show (more or less). You got stuck on editorial integrity and the right to abuse advertises.
Whats that about? You seem to have a problem with me, everytime I make a comment you feel the need to try and put me down and bring my magazine (in the shops soon btw ;) ) into it. Why? I am beginning to wonder if it's that you are jealous that someone half your age is doing something that you wanted to do. I mean I have listened to your advice and a lit of it has been great yet sometimes you feel the need to bring up the mag and have a go at me. It's times like that I think that I dont get. I don't chase you around and bad mouth you in topics so whats the problem. Jealous? Troll? Whatever it is get over it! Oh and you ignored a forum rule and went off topic by harping on about my magazine ;) ;D ;D ;D  
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!