Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: next week
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 12:50:32 pm »
Exactly Russ ;)

You're only putting them in houses you want to work at, which is obvious but unattainable with blanket-coverage methods such as papers.

Secondly, you're presenting your message on its own, so it is taken on its own merit.  That's in stark contrast to the pile of crap that falls out of a newspaper, or the "junk" that comes with your post, both of which are filtered off and thrown out much more readily than a single flyer that's left trapped in the letter box (i never push them through ;) )

It's just a shame it's so labour-intensive, you can't realistically expect to be able to put out enough leaflets on your own full-time because you wouldn't be cleaning any carpets!

Guys like Mike are lucky to have their own trusted deliverers, I think that's honestly the only way to get it done properly and cost-effectively in a high enough volume.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 12:59:36 pm »
Derek all of the Wii's have gone to Santa, if I'm a good lad (which I always am ::)) then I should be getting one from Mr.Claus.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 01:04:19 pm »
Will put my wii under the tree tmor and all the other stuff that comes with it :)

carlton care

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 01:50:03 pm »
Ricky

Do you have a background in sales / marketing ?

derek west

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »
ive come pretty close to putting my wii under the xmas tree a feww times, but i don't drink as much now so its usually out the back door. ;D only with stella though.
derek

mark_roberts

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 04:39:58 pm »
Firstly a lot of what you read on these boards is bravado and total crap.  As mike says some do in one day what some others will do in three hours.

In 9 years Ive never been booked solid more than two weeks in advance.  Sure theres commercial contracts booked every 3-6 months but residential will not wait for more than a week or so no matter how good you are.  Also what about stain removal accidents for regulars.  They wont wait either.

As long as your meeting your weekly/monthly target does it matter how far booked you are.

Mark

JandS

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 07:11:22 pm »
Have to agree in principle with the above although I have actually 2 to do week after next that were booked in late October.
Like he says most of them want it the following week or will usually wait for the week after, any longer and usually you get the old "I'll get back to you"

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Ricky M

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:44 pm »
Carlton care , 12 years both sides and recruiting .

mm talking out the back of eh . LOL all the way to the bank !!!!!!! ;D ;D

oops watch me over stretch next years add budget an go PO ;) ;)P

mind u no debts loans or leases ere so erm erm yes wateva

Ricky  8)
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

carpetworx

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2008, 09:48:04 pm »
It's interesting to hear what you guys are saying here,according to the news here,England is in a bad state,and everyone  wants to come to Australia to live.I know my nephew has his own plastering business,and is only getting one or two days a week there.
anyway good on ya, keep up the good work.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2008, 09:56:20 pm »
What's the economy like in Oz at the moment? I thought the credit crunch was global?

Shaun

carpetworx

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2008, 10:16:26 pm »
There's deffinetly been a slow down,a Co. i subby for,turned away around 100 jobs last Nov,but this year,stiil had spaces.interest rates dropping again today,they need to IMO. Must go do a job see ya.

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:38 pm »
interest rate drops are ok for the lower earning people, but it also affects the better off too, if you had 100,000 in the bank your probably a few grand a year worse off, so they will be cutting back on things, which are generally more expensive jobs. but will get more jobs from lower earners, all swings and roundabouts (in theory, well thats how i see it ???)

carlton care

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 10:32:49 pm »
It's easy to respond to a post like Ricky Thomson's with the usual " Yeah, sure, etc " but, what if he's developed a genuine method for generating an increased amount of work, from the customers he's dealt with ?

There are obvious ways of doing that, but thinking about it, is not the same as doing it !

Marketing is all about DOING not DREAMING and I've been guilty myself, for years, of failing to put ideas into action. My problem has always been looking for the next good idea, instead of just doing it. Maybe Ricky is a DOER rather than a THINKER

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 10:44:05 pm »
Anyone who has been in the recruiting game understands the importance of referral  and repeat business, well the better ones do. ::)

But more importantly they bring with them the skills to elicit them.

Ricky M

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 11:24:20 pm »
Carlton , your very rite about the DOING its some times just knowing how to start or where to start
               the primary idea :o
               if mine grows at this rate next year and I can say it was a triumph with each of the 4 goals
               archived then I will gladly talk to you about it as long as your 50 miles away from me  ;)

Mike, 470 ish hired from £150 per week roles to £52,000+ roles and I cant spell can only just use computer, and my Writing is only just legible but long hours, 7 day weeks took me where I needed

Trying to the same with this industry .

TO OFFER A SERVICE , TO TAKE BUT TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK YOU  WILL GAIN 3 TIMES OVER .

Ricky
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 11:27:43 pm »
Good for you mate!

will01

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 12:01:40 am »
Oh dear dear... it's like ego spagetti.  This time next year we'll be millionaires :D

derek west

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2008, 07:40:58 pm »
just nailed a £300 quidder tonight, WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
sorry.
newbie.
we're allowed to get a bit excited.
derek

clinton

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2008, 10:23:21 pm »
Sounds good derek :)

What you doing for them mate ???

The viking on you mate soon :)

Shaun_Ashmore