Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alticry

air movers
« on: November 21, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »
how much for a decent air mover. and are they worth it.

I ask this as ive not been in the business long but the thing the custys most worry about is the drying time

derek west

Re: air movers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 07:04:45 pm »
£300, truvox whole room dryer, wouldn't be without it.
poly props, dry in 20 mins. max.
derek

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 07:08:20 pm »
Derek  do you find with that machine that you get any problems with blowing up fluff from behind radiators, pictures flapping etc etc?

derek west

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:13:24 pm »
always careful with the pictures jim, quick switch on and off and se if ant piccies move, if they do, remove, if they dont switch on and keep my eyes peeled, then on to max. but yeah, fluff is a problem if its a small room. just vac it up if its bad.
if your really quick you can vac it while its in the air, great fun but you look a numpty running round the room with your nozzle out, oooh errrr misses.
derek

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 07:13:53 pm »
Just wait for the xmas cards Derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 07:14:44 pm »
I carry 5 airmovers. I use 4 usually when I clean a suite, they stack so I have 2 stacks of 2

I bought 10  @ £50 each from a hire company who had got a loads in for all the flood work last year.

they are definitely worth the money, people who say they don't need them usually mean they don't have the room in the little vans to carry them :D

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

pete sween

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 07:32:03 pm »
You mention dust...I cleaned a beautiful iranian rug (amongst other things) at a residence within Canterbury Cathedral. As you can imagine it was a very old building but I thought with the high ceilings all the dusty cobwebs would be unaffected.

I turned the blower on to speed dry the rug whilst I went of to clean a chesterfield and it was like that scene at the end of indiana jones and the temple of doom when they open the cask and all the spectres are flying about.

Suffice to say I rinse extracted the rug again.

Ask Paul Pearce about air movers and pot pourri. Imagine that stuff falling onto a damp carpet :o

All that said, they are priceless when they are not causing this type of grief

Pete
Pete

pete sween

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 07:58:35 pm »
Forgot to add Paul

If you look about you'll pick some up cheap as Mike says

I think Len Gribble may have 1 or 2 that he does'nt use in his many number of lock ups

spindle

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 08:34:36 pm »
not sure he had any left pete???
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

M.Acorn

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 09:36:29 pm »
Would not be without mine now ,makes so much difference in winter.i usually turn it on in each room and walk round with it before i start,just to blow out any crap before i start  ;D quite funny seeing huge clumps of dust flying around ,especially if they are really house proud  ;D
What goes around comes around

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 10:24:34 pm »
Pete

I take no responsibly sold as seen, my Aladdin’s cave, got twelve left not for sale, due too deflation. Love inflation. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

pete sween

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 08:48:16 am »
Pete

I take no responsibly sold as seen, my Aladdin’s cave, got twelve left not for sale, due too deflation. Love inflation. ;D

Len

Ha ha Len

Yes I cleaned the 100 year old dust off it.

Pete

(nice photo)

Ricky M

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 07:47:27 pm »
Ive got a number for some one in southampton that just bought a Truvox off for half the price Derek paid  with 6 months G on if you want it ?
Ricky 
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??