This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trotsky

Re: What % increase next year?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 09:21:01 pm »

some will go up a £1  and the ones who make me a cuppa wont

;D ;D ;D

::)
Stop it!
I have just been watching Charlotte for as long as I can remember... best thread ever!

Then the wife said... "Tell me then, is she a window cleaner, then?"
So I clicked on it...Nice site!  ::)
I have to get off the computer now! :-[ :( ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 09:39:43 pm »
None for my clients.

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 09:53:32 pm »
Three @ £8.00 is better than one @ £12.00, my price's will stay the same for some time now. I'm now picking up the houses "next door" to the houses i already clean by keeping prices down, If your already there cleaning , clean the next one as well.
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

seandyer2003

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 10:08:23 pm »
i am wondering what to do here, think i wanna wait at minute till i have enough work to be busy, then i will stick some up and see what happens, if some drop i will get more, couldnt afford to lose any at minute ... should of stuck em up when i had chance last year,,,o well, only a few that are really under priced that i acquired about 8 months when i bought a street on my round off another cleaner i will stick a few quid on as some are ridiculous however im pretty sure they wont have it as they didnt seem keen when i first took over, all said - dont put price up, i wont pay :(

tonyoliver

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 10:44:06 pm »
some of mine havent gone up in 15 years i just got more work to make up for the slack income busy fool is now my motto am in a state as i cant get more in as i am too busy doing the under priced jobs not good will work on it though pricing has been the best thing apart from wfp on this forum

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 11:12:28 pm »
I only put a few up this year.  They were the ones that were priced so low that I wouldn't miss them if they cancelled because of the increase.
As for next year, I will wait and see.  The problem is that new work is being priced at good rates.  Window cleaning must be the only business where new customers get a more expensive deal than existing customers.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 11:30:06 pm »
some of mine havent gone up in 15 years i just got more work to make up for the slack income busy fool is now my motto am in a state as i cant get more in as i am too busy doing the under priced jobs not good will work on it though pricing has been the best thing apart from wfp on this forum

Quote all your new customers at a decent price before you take on anymore and increase the price of your lowest work that you can afford to lose if you've become the busy fool. Can't take your money with you when it's over and a social life outside work keeps the morale high :)

karygate

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 08:36:12 am »
sorry forgot what the topic was about. been too busy looking at charlotte. bet her prices won,t be going up. ;D
gary

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 09:52:49 am »
I only put a few up this year.  They were the ones that were priced so low that I wouldn't miss them if they cancelled because of the increase.
As for next year, I will wait and see.  The problem is that new work is being priced at good rates.  Window cleaning must be the only business where new customers get a more expensive deal than existing customers.

I agree with this - I did a price rise in July/Aug for some when fuel went up and inflation was peaking. I think by the spring fuel will not go any higher and the forecast is dropping inflation so generally no increases except as Shiner says, for new custy's it'll be a bit more than their existing custy neighbours.

I have one area which is underpriced - by my standards - 2/3 bed semi's at £6/7, small bungalows @ £5. (Goes back to my ladder days five years ago) But as new ones come on I've been charging £10 for the houses and I make an exception to my £10 minimum "rule" for the bungalows at £7. But I have a lot of them in each road - compact work see?

Because I'm not driving more than a hundred yards between hose runs the daily rate is as good as some of my other domestic, but I work harder as I don't get the occasional 5/10 minute rest as I drive to a different area.

So... although things are ok now I'll wait 'til spring before considering making any blanket price changes.
It's a game of three halves!

Mark Sadler

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 09:53:30 am »
Nope my prices will stay the same until its a level playing field again.

Providing my Butt's OK ;D
Mark Sadler

Trotsky

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 10:09:34 am »
sorry forgot what the topic was about. been too busy looking at charlotte. bet her prices won,t be going up. ;D
;) Glad to see I wasn't the only one then... I was sent to bed like a naughty school boy for looking ... just a little too long! ;D ::)