Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Duke

Re: Price Increases
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 04:16:53 pm »
perhaps drop those ones then, as you pick up better ones ? It's a business after all...not a favour for a mate...

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2005, 08:33:24 pm »
I'm now knee-deep in those cleans that I raised the prices - some quite substantially.  At first I thought it would just be between £10 to £20 quid a day on my normal quota, but it's had the effect of making us both do more. 

It seems worth it to do those extra few cleans we'd normally leave till the next day.

So instead of an extra £10 to £20 quid a day, it's more like £40 or £50.  £150 to £200 a week more in our pockets is better than a kick up the proverbials.

Thanks to all those that gave me the 'spine injection' to stick up my prices!  I just wish I stuck 'em up more and lost the 20%!

D G Windows

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 08:40:57 pm »
After reading this im deffo doing something wrong, ive been cleaning for 4 years now and just started upping 50p, after 4 yrs!!.

Some are actually moaning about it though, which im really bothered about because i get really annoyed when they question it and i say 'well i have been cleaning your windows 4 yrs now, and it is actually a cheap quote for your house'.

I dont know if it matters about area, i live in south manchester but new calls that i get from the yellow pages and stuff now im just quoting silly, although the next lot of work i up, which is gonna be very soon is going up a £1 definitely the monthly calls. I mean if i upped like you guys do, id be able to employ two men with me by now, can only really have one.

I also have a college that i clean, when would u expect to increase on that?

Cheers

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 08:41:38 pm »
Tosh,

Well done, go for it!

Next is to value any new customers above the new daily rate. Plus, next time you increase the price, Jan 2006 at the latest, dont make a song and dance about it (to them) rather get them into the habit of regular, £1.00 or 50p rises.

Stu

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 08:46:32 pm »
DG,

Don't go 4 years again. It will depend on the saturation of window cleaners in your area, as to how much you can increase. Also in my experience, 15+ years, the high prices dont deter good customers, they gravitate to you because they dont see you as part timer.

D G Windows

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 10:19:46 pm »
Totally know what yer saying mate, think im gonna look at my round seriously next few coming months , cos even though im doing alright for myself, could be doing far better and working less if i booted some of these big house low pricers out.
Im wasting my time if im gonna be putting them up that less, i need to be more harsher and i think im gonna start it this tax year.

Cheers for the push.