This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glyn H

Re: Gutter Pricing Quiz!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 10:00:34 pm »
He charged £7.79 per bungalow   :o
Whats the point?
its not like they are going to want them done again for another year.
£30.00 a bungalow is fair

Kevin R

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 10:03:53 pm »
He charged £7.79 per bungalow   :o
Whats the point?
its not like they are going to want them done again for another year.
£30.00 a bungalow is fair

Busy fool springs to mind  :o

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 12:55:37 am »
No point doing an annual or one off job for less hourly rate than regular window cleaning work. It should be the other way around. Much more money for being inconvenienced and disrupting your regular work routine.

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 06:31:35 pm »
£132.50 a day. I know a guy who works in a factory 36hrs per wk and earns (take home) £190.00 a wk.
So £265 for 2 days is not a busy fool just a busy man ;D
Also some people need to get real with there pricing, i'd like to see what there doing next year and if their for real ::)
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

ronnie paton

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 07:11:08 pm »
h20 be serious £7 per bungalow?????

if they were a reg clean once a year then then £20 a bungalow would be decent and if it took 2 short days you have made a good crusr for your hard graft.

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »
£132.50 a day. I know a guy who works in a factory 36hrs per wk and earns (take home) £190.00 a wk.
Also some people need to get real with there pricing, i'd like to see what there doing next year and if their for real ::)

He gets paid holiday, sick, bank-holiday, has no outlay, no materials, no wet weather, no costs, no risks..........and doesnt need to be realistic about pricing work up B-)

Glyn H

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 07:41:15 pm »
So £265 for 2 days is not a busy fool just a busy man.
Also some people need to get real with there pricing, i'd like to see what there doing next year and if their for real

The guy you quote  is employed by a company do you honestly think his labour is only charged out as little as £132.50 a day by the company he works for?
Garages charge mechanics labour out at £90.00 an hour to cover their business overheads.
Drain cleaning companies charge out at minimum of £250.00 an hour and as many have bought our guttervac system, I can only assume they charge the same rate for cleaning up in the air as they do under the ground.
If you want to survive in bad times you have to be charging the right price in good times so you have business reserves to fall back on.

tonyoliver

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 07:49:34 pm »
no outside taps, and old people dont always want you using their water if they are on a meter. as they are housing assoc. ones they can be difficult tenants "we pay for this in our rent, now we have to pay for the water....blah blah"

[/they get done for nothing and they still complain about using a little water  my private jobs pay well give you a cuppa and smile at the end    sod em they aint worth the candle

ftp

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 08:02:46 pm »
I quoted a big bungalow the other day £40 for guttering inside and out plus soffits. "I'm not paying that i'll get my gardiner to do it." I turned up to clean her windows and sure enough there he was, must have taken him ages with his step ladders, cloth and trowel.

Kevin R

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 10:12:23 pm »
I quoted a big bungalow the other day £40 for guttering inside and out plus soffits. "I'm not paying that i'll get my gardiner to do it." I turned up to clean her windows and sure enough there he was, must have taken him ages with his step ladders, cloth and trowel.

Jolly good if they are to tight to pay and the gardiners daft enough then let them get on with it. This is why I prefer commercial clients. I turn up on site for £40 thats about it  ;) If I get the camera out its £50 minimum.

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 12:07:18 pm »

He gets paid holiday, sick, bank-holiday, has no outlay, no materials, no wet weather, no costs, no risks..........and doesnt need to be realistic about pricing work up B-)

You can clean gutters in wet weather, how much outlay on cleaning some gutters? what risk they were bungalows,
£662.50 over 5 days @ £132.50 per day. I think a lot of people on here would be happy with that :)
I think the forum should be spilt in two, Those who earn £20.000 to £49.000 and those who earn  £250.000+ ;D
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king