This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wrekin C S

Vehicle for WFP?
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:24:28 pm »
Hi all,

Which vehicle do you use if your WFP and why?

The reason I am asking this is because I currently have a Transit Van and run a car aswell as im sure a lot of you probably do the same - but in the future I am thinking of getting a pickup for work and do away with the car so then I only have the running costs of 1 vehicle - and make it so the WFP system is easily removable if I want to use pickup for other things.

What are you views on this?

spark1

Re: Vehicle for WFP?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:24:58 pm »
Ive just got a toyota hiace van ,drives like a car and can fit all poles in.
You will have problems with poles freezeing because they wont fit in a pick up.

Dave Turley

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 02:36:35 pm »
how about if all the wfp stuff was in a giant box, and get a cheap forklift to lift it off when not required?

or get a lwb crewcab van?

seandyer2003

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:38:52 pm »
use a trailer mate, box trailer, unhitch it when you dont need it, i use one, same as van mount! just need a bit of practice reversing is all, but you get used to it!

Mike 108

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:04:15 pm »
I use an old MPV (Toyota Town Ace).

I've taken the back 2 seats out and managed to get in a 175 litre flat tank (a 250 litre would also fit) together with 2 Di bottles and 2 hose reels.

Poles and brushes slot into half round plastic guttering fitted just below the roof.

There are still 4 seats free and lots of room for odds and ends, including 'trad' gear.

I can get 10 - 12 reasonably sized 'semi's' out of the tank before it needs refilling, so it does me.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:15:01 pm »
Hi all,

Which vehicle do you use if your WFP and why?

The reason I am asking this is because I currently have a Transit Van and run a car aswell as im sure a lot of you probably do the same - but in the future I am thinking of getting a pickup for work and do away with the car so then I only have the running costs of 1 vehicle - and make it so the WFP system is easily removable if I want to use pickup for other things.

What are you views on this?
My view is keep work and private seperate.

riz

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:44:29 pm »
Nissan Navara with 350ltr tank all strapped in onto chassis. Is easily removed when needed and is good as a private car too.

I had a Kangoo van before and would never go back. I have a 4 section pole which fits in nicely. The Navara and Warrior believe it or not are good on fuel! i get 400 miles from £80 which is driving hard too.

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 07:55:31 pm »
40 miles from £80 is not good.  Thats £2 a mile

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 07:59:41 pm »

Nissan Navara with 350ltr tank all strapped in onto chassis. Is easily removed when needed and is good as a private car too.

I had a Kangoo van before and would never go back. I have a 4 section pole which fits in nicely. The Navara and Warrior believe it or not are good on fuel! i get 40 miles from £80 which is driving hard too.
::)

Wrekin C S

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 08:27:30 pm »

I had a Kangoo van before and would never go back. I have a 4 section pole which fits in nicely. The Navara and Warrior believe it or not are good on fuel! i get 40 miles from £80 which is driving hard too.

Nissan Navara with the same setup as you I was thinking about + what seandyer2003 mentioned but a box trailer with a 650ltr tank which is currently in my van which I would use on commercials when I need lots of water, and just the 350ltr in navara for day to day use -

Do you have a box on the back to cover all your gear up?

trike

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 08:38:58 pm »
a trike and a trailer,when collect leave trailer at home,and use trike when i go collecting

riz

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:10:42 pm »

::)

???

riz

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 09:13:35 pm »

Nissan Navara with the same setup as you I was thinking about + what seandyer2003 mentioned but a box trailer with a 650ltr tank which is currently in my van which I would use on commercials when I need lots of water, and just the 350ltr in navara for day to day use -

Yes I do, it's all enclosed and lockable. I have fold up ladders to gain access over gates/garages etc. Major plus point is that any leak just drains away without affecting the cab in anyway ie ice, condensation or  rust.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 10:19:37 pm »

Yes I do, it's all enclosed and lockable. I have fold up ladders to gain access over gates/garages etc. Major plus point is that any leak just drains away without affecting the cab in anyway ie ice, condensation or  rust.

Sounds good that - I was thinking can you get under the pickup and then drill some points and then push up some bolts so that the tanks cage with some holes drilled could just sit on top of it then you could just lift it on and off - if u know what i mean? :-\ How is your tank strapped down do you have any pics?

birdymiller

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 10:30:23 pm »
Ive got a l200. I take out 6 or 7 25ltr barrells and my backpack each day. They arent as thirsty as some your big transit vans and they are much more fun to drive. Now fuels a bit cheaper i reckon ill get 400 miles to £70. This will last me a month as all my work is around my village.

riz

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 10:57:44 pm »
No pics sorry..

I bolted down thru the floor 4 ionics cage "feet" which hold done a metal bar which has 2 metal rings welded onto which two 6 tonne lorry straps grab onto. It is very secure and would have to smash thru two bulkheads to penetrate the cab area. All i have to do is undo the straps and one hose to remove it all.

geefree

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 11:02:31 pm »
Transit, ... i can get tank in... use it for ikea, b&q, and still pick the lads up from school.... 3 seats.