Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

Re: leaflets, is thicker better
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2008, 07:58:31 pm »
cheers rabby, wise words
anymore tips out there.
derek

Robert Watson

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2008, 08:01:22 pm »
 ;D Pot callin the kettle, Black Ass.
You should get yourself out there leafleting and lose a few pounds.  :P
The Kitchen Door Centre

Bob Robertson

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2008, 08:09:26 pm »
Aye Rab and putting a few more on while I'm off. ;D

Have you done any leather jobs yet?

bob

Jim_77

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2008, 01:04:49 am »
Rabby, took the words right out of my mouth mate!!

I can add another couple from my thoughts and experiences..

Try not to scrunch the leaflet up when it goes through.  I'm currently nursing skinless knuckles from making this extra effort though.. must try to think of a way to avoid this :(

I think that leaving your leaflet trapped in the letterbox might give you an edge.  I've been using DL sized flyers and leaving them inserted into the letterbox the exact right way round for the customer to pick them up from the other side of the door and read them.  Even if they do just want to chuck them away, at least theyll be holding it the right way around and reading it on the way to the bin.  You never know, you might just do enough with your presentation to stop a few of them binning it immediately.

Try to go round after the postman has been, otherwise your leaflet will get pushed through with the mail and end up in the pile on the floor with all the other junk.  It'll be siphoned off into the "B" pile as the householder is sorting through it all.

If they have to make a separate physical effort to remove your leaflet from the door, surely it's got a bit better chance than just being mixed in with all the rest?

I have figured that this emphasis on presenting the leaflet to the customer by leaving it trapped in the door is more likely to work when:

1) they have a horizontal letterbox in the middle of the door
2) you have been after the postman and no other things are getting pushed through the letterbox before the person arrives home.

I wonder what percentage of houses I've leafleted meet those two criteria?!

Maybe I've got too much time on my hands to think whilst I've been walking round doing this lol

garyj

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2008, 01:15:46 am »
I do the same Jim with the same thought behind it. As you said nothing else to think about so try all sorts.
If a gate is closed on the way in, close it behind you and open it again on the way out, just try and be as disruptive as possible, something simialr already posted.

Even if there is a sign saying no junk mail still put it in ( I dont view this as junk!), you will get the odd stroppy one but just smile and keep going.

Mike made a good point earlier when he said every needs to have there carpets cleaned, if it was free we would be inundated with bookings, so it is a case of finding a price that works for you. Read recently that only 13% of people get their carpets cleaned and 13% use a Rug Doctor and 10% have their own in the form of a Vax or Bissell. So tons of work out there.

derek west

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2008, 12:56:03 pm »
finally arrived today after a mixup with payment.
very good print quality, i'd recommend print carrier to anyone.
now lets see what they'll get for me.
game on!
derek

clinton

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2008, 04:19:32 pm »
Got mine too derek from dp design in hull mike halliday recomended them its a great glossy flyer with some offers and not to much waffle :)

derek west

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2008, 04:34:05 pm »
nice one clinton
make sure you monitor them, we'll have a competition, see who gets the most calls per thou, winner gets a 4 pack of viking lager (for the man on a budget) from the loser.
game on ;D
derek

clinton

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2008, 04:59:49 pm »
 :D :D

Put some through doors this morning were i was working in some appartments must say didnt like it lol.

Def on for the competition derek mmm viking is the best :)