This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: vauxhall vans are crap
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 06:58:09 pm »
being unlucky has nothing to do with it, its a simple fact im afraid, that the vivaro and movano and the renualt versions have very serious in built faults, the bosch high pressure fuel  pump and the gear box are not up to the job of a Commercial vehicle,and can break down in the most looked after of vans.

vauxhall and renualt are well aware of the problem,its been with these vans from day one,i have a friend that owns a fairly large commercial van repair centre " not friendly enough to give me discount though" and he told me he wouldnt touch a movano with a barge pole, he says they never have any problem with movano-vivaro body work,in this department they are fantastic vans,but he says in the engine-gear box department they are simply a joke. he sometimes has to carry out this work on very low milage vans,and since these jobs can cost up to £3000 this is simply shocking.

by the way, when i first couldnt start the van i called out the AA, he knew exactly what the problem was,hed seen it so many times before.

buyers beware, the engines in these vans are very poor, buy at your own peril.

My Trafic needed a new gearbox after 39,000 miles - a few weeks inside the warranty period luckily.  I have an 03 plate.  I did read that they resolved this issue around the 55 plate but who can be totally sure?

ok cleaning

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 07:36:23 pm »
i think you should consider the time you spend in the garage while it is been repaired you will lose money couse you not working plus the repair bill so my opinion is any  new van is the best for any business regardless of make

spark1

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 07:37:44 pm »
picking my toyota hiace long wheel base up fri. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigsi41

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 07:46:30 pm »
What colour is she ?

spark1

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 08:11:43 pm »
What colour is she ?
Silver,8000 miles
Ive got to get all my gear in at weekend.New tank two pumps.Also bedliner and plyline,busy wekend :P :P

tomy jackson

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 08:36:58 pm »
if your puting pumps in van bat use the frunt bat & put two fuses in line on top of bat one on+ & one on --  it will run two pumps all day love my hiace SWB ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 08:42:38 pm »
Anyone who thinks Transits are reliable is in for a shock.

I've got a Trafic, and it's still absolutely A1.
Not the slightest problem.
A joy to own and drive.

Best by far.
Don't believe the hype. ;)

NWH

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 08:50:27 pm »

I've got a Trafic, and it's still absolutely A1.
Not the slightest problem.
A joy to own and drive.

Best by far.
Don't believe the hype. ;)
I still like them but i`ve heard lots of people complaining about them over the last few years,if there that bad they would have to change things otherwise it would put them out of business.I think a lot depends on how you drive it aswell to a point.

spark1

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 08:55:25 pm »
if your puting pumps in van bat use the frunt bat & put two fuses in line on top of bat one on+ & one on --  it will run two pumps all day love my hiace SWB ;D ;D ;D ;D
Do you use the van bat.
Im going to use a split charger to charge bat in back of van.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 08:56:46 pm »
A lot of vans have a second battery under the passenger seat.

bigsi41

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 08:57:10 pm »
What colour is she ?
Silver,8000 miles
Ive got to get all my gear in at weekend.New tank two pumps.Also bedliner and plyline,busy wekend :P :P
Sorry I thought the van  allready gad a liner installed ! I may be wrong /

Steve CM

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 08:57:16 pm »

they are very reliable!! even the AA man that came out to my vivaro said he wants a tranny as the vivaros on thier fleet have been un reliable and keep braking down. a fleet company i dealt with say that vivaros come back all the time and transits never do.

i'm sure trannys that have done 100k plus will be more prone but if they are fairly new every person i know that owns one swears by them.

spark1

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 09:03:59 pm »
What colour is she ?
Silver,8000 miles
Sorry I thought the van  allready gad a liner installed ! I may be wrong /

bedliner as in waterproof rubberized paint.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 09:10:12 pm »
i'm sure trannys that have done 100k plus will be more prone but if they are fairly new every person i know that owns one swears by them.
Same goes with a new Vivaro/Trafic then. ::)

Steve CM

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 10:32:04 pm »

apart from people that know like Mr AA man!! ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 10:47:54 pm »

apart from people that know like Mr AA man!! ::)
Rubbish.
They all use them because they're good vans.

I don't know anyone who's had a problem with one.

supernova77

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 11:01:49 pm »
I've had my little S reg Vauxhall Combo for 2.5 years now... All I've ever had to do with it is replace the 4 tyres and replace the starter motor. It only has 57k miles on the clock, and has been so reliable for me.

However, I've just purchased a very very clean T reg Peugeot Expert 1.9td because I needed something bigger with sliding doors... I'm hoping it will be just as reliable.

Andy

rugby

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 02:32:35 am »

sorry  squeeky but thats not the case, the very very expsenive problem of the high pressure fuel pump failing can occour in vivaro-movano vans with as little as 40000 miles on the clock,sometimes even less, and it can happen without any prior warning,one day ur van is going great and the next day  say goodbye to  £2000.

its sad and its wrong,but its true im afraid.

back to transits for me

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 10:33:33 am »

sorry  squeeky but thats not the case, the very very expsenive problem of the high pressure fuel pump failing can occour in vivaro-movano vans with as little as 40000 miles on the clock,sometimes even less, and it can happen without any prior warning,one day ur van is going great and the next day  say goodbye to  £2000.

its sad and its wrong,but its true im afraid.

back to transits for me
40000 miles is hardly a new one.
Mine will be traded in after 15000.

Besides, I've never heard of this problem.
Get a Transit then...enjoy the gearbox problems, oil leaks and starter motor failing.

dmlservices

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 11:07:34 am »
hi
i had a vauxhall combo p reg with isusu 1.7d , great van had it for 6 years , never let me done, only cost the price of an mot each year, now got a 04 scudo , hope it is as good as my combo,was looking at vivaro, never had one , but was put of by a few reports of weak gearboxes, engines ect,so did not want to risk it

daz