Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

dont work in the rain!
« on: September 04, 2008, 11:22:50 pm »
iv noticed a lot of wc using this forum dont work in the rain.....i am bewildered by this :o...ok many of you may say that  if you charge enough you wont need to.....but even if i were to double my prices, and stop working on wet days , i would still  be worse off :-\

i work in all weather , apart from terencial rain , i have to....and i want to, i am a buisness, and i want money!

d s windowcleaning

Re: dont work in the rain!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 11:26:37 pm »
work in any weather if needs must .
where theres muck theres money

Roger Slater

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 11:29:33 pm »
I started this business to "work to live" not "live to work" flexability if you have a good round that brings in double what you need to live then personally i dont need to work in the rain and i think it looks very un-professional. But if you have to work in the rain to make a living then you have no choice.

peter holley

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 11:40:41 pm »
I started this business to "work to live" not "live to work" flexability if you have a good round that brings in double what you need to live then personally i dont need to work in the rain and i think it looks very un-professional. But if you have to work in the rain to make a living then you have no choice.

thats my point... if i work in the rain i make £2... if i dont i earn £1...... btw i work to live , im home by 2 pm most days......iv been in this job a long time...

Roger Slater

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:43:42 pm »

iv been in this job a long time...

So whats the problem then, You work in the rain some of us dont.

simon123

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:45:37 pm »

That just looks like a gay spiderman sorry !
I am getting too old to be around people who  don't understand the concept of  loyalty and honesty.

Roger Slater

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:47:31 pm »

That just looks like a gay spiderman sorry !

;D ;D ;D(((((Nice Try))))) ;D ;D ;D

peter holley

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:57 pm »

peter holley

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 12:01:08 am »

you dont work much then? its not a problem, i have a nice comfortable lifestyle that i could only dream about if i didnt work in the rain ;D

Roger Slater

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 12:05:04 am »
then, You work in the rain some of us dont.

you dont work much then? its not a problem, i have a nice comfortable lifestyle that i could only dream about if i didnt work in the rain ;D

Well done to you. I just supervise under my brolly ;D

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 07:02:14 am »
I try to give my customers booking times, roughly within the hour I say i'll be there, and call then to cancel if I need before there due time. I do this because when I started allot people said to me "most just turn up when they want to, I think its just when they need money".

I know this isn't true with most, they just work through a list and get out when they can, but looking at this figures I would rather make more money and see my business grow than limit it when I dont have to.

If you make more money you can invest in better equipement like a WFP for instance and your customers get a better job and service.

So I kind of agree with p holley, make no sense. But it would be interesting to see what everyone's reasons are for not cleaning in the rain.

I think allot of you if you are honest, just dont want to upset your customers, and stop because they dont like it, and that fair enough. But I have found that I can still clean when its wet and very rarely does anyone complain, only an odd comment and even then they would prefer to get it done than not.

lee_dewing

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 05:14:36 pm »
gererad
i would like to work in rain but don't want to lose or stand there arguing that it makes no difference to windows.

how do you get on with this as i find it hard to belive all these people on here saying i work in the rain and never get problems.

not calling you a liar mate i just don't want to run out and try it because everyone one on here says ity so matter of fact.

i'd be the poor g1t that lost all his customers ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Rob_Mac

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 05:20:47 pm »
This argument has been mentioned on here so many times.

The answer is simple - offer the rain guarantee!!!

If you are working and it starts to rain have a slip made up that says something like

If we clean your windows in the rain and the quality is not as good as normal  call our contact numbers, within 24 hours and we will re clean. No one ever calls because you can clean windows with wfp in the rain and it makes no difference!!!.

It has a lot more to do with comfort factor and not wanting to get our hair wet.

Easy

Rob ;D

Tim82

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 05:45:31 pm »
I work int rain.

Pole system a lot more suited to rainy conditions than trad though! Sometimes you dont need to rinse!

prestigeclean

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 08:24:13 pm »
its rained all week , and i,ve done very well , what is the matter with you pansies who are scared of the rain regards alan

gsw

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 08:36:21 pm »
so true geez, all anyone with a pole (or sqeegee for that matter) has to do is next time its peeing down is get out there and clean their own windows .....after that that their 100% rain guarantee is born!!!

if anyone can't clean windows in the rain they aren't doing it right, fact, I am now taking bookings for rainy day cleaning courses @£199.00 buffet lunch included. cost of course can be recouped in one wet day!( if you believe what some can earn on here !)

greg

peter holley

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 08:38:05 pm »

thats my point... if i work in the rain i make £2... if i dont i earn £1...... btw i work to live , im home by 2 pm most days......iv been in this job a long time...
try not working in the rain,and working to 5 pm when its fine

it rained every day here where i live this week....i have to work in the rain!

peter holley

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 08:41:38 pm »
an interesting comparison would be to compare the turnover and size of the rounds of those who work in the rain , to those who dont....i know where my money would go!!

peter holley

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 09:03:35 pm »
i dont  just want to just cover my bills! i want to cover holidays, sickness, unforseen occurances, repair bills,tax,replacement of tools, and my fun time with my family :o

i appreciate what your saying... maybe my circumstances are different, i have a mortgage :o and 3 children ;D

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:35 pm »
gererad
i would like to work in rain but don't want to lose or stand there arguing that it makes no difference to windows.

how do you get on with this as i find it hard to belive all these people on here saying i work in the rain and never get problems.

not calling you a liar mate i just don't want to run out and try it because everyone one on here says ity so matter of fact.

i'd be the poor g1t that lost all his customers ;D

I would say dont take it from me because you dont know, I think allot of thing I read on here are exagerated, and I really only try to pick out the decent advice myself.

I have only been window cleaning for a year, and have learned what I know from trying. Seeing what works and what doesn't. So instead I would suggest you do that. If you are happy not cleaning in the rain and get by then keep things that way they are.

But if you were like me a sitting in watching the rain, and losing allot of money knowing that I could be out working then, go out and do your own windows in the rain, see the results, and decide for yourself.

If you beleive that it doesn't make much difference then you wont have to spend allot of time convincing poeple.

dont get me wrong its not nice to be out at all in the rain but I am making money, and thats the pupose of my business. If I ever did a bad job due to working in wet weather I wouldn't do it again.

I wouldn't say I never had any problems though, I did do jobs in light rain and one or two made comment, little hints that they prefered to get it done when it was dry, but when I called and canceled due to the rain the next time, they complained about that.

hope that helps m8

gerard