This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Re: How many litres of water do you use a day?
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 08:53:46 pm »
I use a trolley system which has a 25 litre tank and I carry round a spare 25 litre container incase there are no taps. I am looking into getting a baffled tank to put in the back of my estate. maybe 250 capacity? I loose track of how many times I fill up in a day as I top up the containers every few houses or so.

Just wondering how much water everyone uses per day?

Tim, how do you fill your container up during the day - do you have a di joined to it?

Tim82

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 11:03:47 pm »
I use a trolley system which has a 25 litre tank and I carry round a spare 25 litre container incase there are no taps. I am looking into getting a baffled tank to put in the back of my estate. maybe 250 capacity? I loose track of how many times I fill up in a day as I top up the containers every few houses or so.

Just wondering how much water everyone uses per day?

Tim, how do you fill your container up during the day - do you have a di joined to it?

yep. got a resin tank on back of trolley so have purified water on demand. I just top up when i need to from customers taps. Works for me.

Tim82

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2008, 11:04:57 pm »
Here's a photo:

mark dew

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 11:40:15 pm »
if a car has seats for 2 in the back and another in the front, then i would have thought that to be road legal each seat in the car must be able to carry a human of 80kgs or more??

Tim82

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 08:54:36 am »
if a car has seats for 2 in the back and another in the front, then i would have thought that to be road legal each seat in the car must be able to carry a human of 80kgs or more??

So that would mean I should be able to carry 240 litres at least, right? Maybe I could put a person shaped 80 litre tank on each seat? Would that be safer? ;D

Tim82

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 08:59:25 am »
Would they have to be obesed shaped tanks?

Tim82

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008, 09:17:57 am »
 So does that mean that a car seat is designed to carry 13 and a half stone each?(I've been doing my homework. ::)) I would have guessed they'd be designed to carry more, like on a plane where they account for the weight of extremely obese people(which really bugs me when I'm half the weight and I dont get to take more bags on!).

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008, 09:24:49 am »
The most I ever put in my Vauxhall Cav was 175 litres. I'd say you need to be very careful if you are considering carrying 240 litres. I got round the weight issue by buying a 15 litre DI vessel and if I needed more water when I was away from home I made it with a custys outside tap.

However, Id imagine and wouldnt be prepared to put it to the test that 240 litres of water will have different physical characteristics than 2 fat blokes sat in the back of your car, going round roundabouts will be a nightmare let alone anything else.

I was going to try to elaborate how I understand it, but basically I think 240 litres of water is going to be bloody hard to drive with, safely, by comparison to a couple of people.

Tim82

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008, 09:27:43 am »
True. I'd probably just fit a smaller tank anyway for space reasons. Sounds like you ford transit guys have more to worry about when driving than us trolley guys.

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2008, 09:44:48 am »
And if you had an accident, well...........you know what insurance companies are like.

bwoofie

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2008, 02:12:03 pm »
I use about 10 ltrs a day.....Trad :D (sorry, couldnt resist it!)

take it slow

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2008, 05:25:01 am »
Hi Tim82. I used to use my mondeo hatch when I used ladders and traditional cleaning, but when I went wfp I felt I ought to have a van. I only have a 125 ltr tank, but then I only do about 8 houses a day. I chose a Nissan Vanette which suits me fine as I need space to carry other things in the van. But the down side is I now need to get a permit if I need to go to the council tip (and I have to tell them exactly what i am going to tip). They will only issue one a month. Secondly this van only has two seats, so if your car is for more than just you and your partner, you may have to put extra seats in the van (and tell the insurance company that it is now a crew cab) or buy a MPV and black out the rear windows to make it a van, which is most probably what I will do next time I change my vehicle. Which will get over both of these problems. Possible a Nissan Serrina.  Im also in the Fylde.

take it slow

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2008, 05:40:22 am »
In reply to BWoofie. When I have traditional days, I put my soapy water straight into the applicator holder from an old milk bottle container. Then throw the dirty water away after each house , that way I dont need a bucket and never use anything but clean water on each house. I use about 2 litres a day that way, or about 125 litres with the pole. Although I like using a pole on high aukward windows, I still like trad once in a while.   

trike

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2008, 09:15:03 am »
200lts aday

prestigeclean

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2008, 12:24:22 pm »
bwoofie how much water does your washing machine use to clean your dirty cloths , you might find you use a similar amount of water as wfp regards alan