This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Hose reel Swivel and Tank cage almost finished
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 08:42:14 pm »
Do you have a link to ionics site so I can have a look??

As for the electric reel, I won't be using the reel, so Michelle can keep cranking the handle Lol

I forgot to mention that the front will have a steel sheet bolted to it, so this will add to the strength but I still like the idea of a couple of diagonals

Here's some pics of tennets ionic system: www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=57870.40

Ionic site is: www.ionicsystems.com/english/index.html but i couldn't see any side on pics.

Also, I was wrong about the larger ionics systems, the diag's don't all point down, but they are diagonals all the same.

Jay.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 08:55:36 pm »
I know I can be dogmatic but....

The hose should exit from the drivers side side door.
Even without the swivel (and the swivel is a massive improvement) all angles are catered for providing you know this when you park.

Once you have it set up this way there are a couple of good reasons why you either can't or wouldn't want to exit out of the other two doors.
You don't want to go out of the back door because winding will be a difficult angle.
I'll admitt you can go out of the passenger side door by puting the tap over instead of under if you get what I mean (but not by using the swivel because the hoselock feed would be a problem)

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 09:24:30 pm »
I know I can be dogmatic but....

The hose should exit from the drivers side side door.
Even without the swivel (and the swivel is a massive improvement) all angles are catered for providing you know this when you park.

Once you have it set up this way there are a couple of good reasons why you either can't or wouldn't want to exit out of the other two doors.
You don't want to go out of the back door because winding will be a difficult angle.
I'll admitt you can go out of the passenger side door by puting the tap over instead of under if you get what I mean (but not by using the swivel because the hoselock feed would be a problem)

Third attempt at replying  :'(
I or Michelle will have a few Jobs were she will need to exit the pasenger side door and what I've thought about is I will mount the plate further backwards on the frame, I will also mount the frame further towards the rear, this will serve a couple of things.

1. The ability to stand behind the tank to reel the hose in if it exits the rear doors.
2. I will be able to fit the battery, varistream and pump on the other side to the reel just behind the bulkhead.
doing it this way you can manouver yourself to the best winding position, it will also give you clearence for the hose lock connector.

I wont be able to do field tests until the middle of next week, once the floor paint has been delivered.

Thanks for your help Jay it was very helpful seeing those cages. ;)

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 09:33:53 pm »
It hadn't occured to me that she will be able to get into the van.

remember to exit the passenger door you needn't swivel the reel, just put the tap over instead of under.

However, if you put the reel nearer to the drivers side door so that it is a nice reachable height for Michele this will be arkward when using the hose from the passenger door.

Obviously with a 650 tank my space options are more limited than yours but I have never come across any situation that exit via drivers side side door doesn't cater for.

I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but to say as user of this van I have found this to be best. Please other users comment and if you think me wrong say so.

jeff1

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 09:46:02 pm »
The few Jobs we have are in a Hamlet and We do both sides of it, rather than put the gear away, it will be easier to pass the hose through the van than to turn the van around because we can only park on one side of the lane, once the hose is running across the road we fit it into our rubber hose protector so the traffic can run over it, its more for ease rather than being unable to do it.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 09:56:28 pm »
Jeff... Are you only using 4 bolts to hold it down?

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 10:09:29 pm »
Yes I am Bazz, M12x70 High tensile and under the chassis will be 3'' square plate
If it was an upright tank I would use many more because of the forces that could happen but with a lay flat I think the forces would be disipated before hand.

I'm pretty sure this would be enough.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 11:39:23 pm »
I use M16 but my tank is 650L ...

Be nice if someone come up with an idea of a 4" x 2" chanel section frame which is bolted or welded below the chasie (spelling) then the tank frame welded or bolted to that through the floor...
I still think chanel section is stronger than angle iron IMO...

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 12:02:05 am »
Channel section would be ideal for under the chassis  and even just bolted would provide exceptional strength, might see if I can get some of the correct size next week.
I could use larger bolts but I feel this would weaken the fixing brackets if the hole is to big.

Xline Systems

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 10:46:38 am »
looks good mate. nice job.

jeff1

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 04:03:06 pm »

Thank You  ;)

Jay of Jewel Cleaning pointed out to me last night the need for diagonals  struts, so today I ground off the paint were the welds would be and added 4 strut diagonals to add strength to the cage, I also added a length of flat steel on the open end of the cage again just to add a little more strength.
Thanks Jay, I did take your comments seriously ;)

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 07:15:31 pm »
Me again :-X droning on, when I swapped from a 400 to a 650 the footprint was the same, only the height differed. Is this true of the tank you are using, or would you put another (ie two tanks) in if michele needed to carry more water and would the frame easily (in terms of man hours) adapt to this?

jeff1

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 08:52:52 pm »
Drone on as much as you like Clive.

Shell will be working part time only, she has to work around her boy's but if needed It wouldn't take a lot to adapt the frame to take another 250ltr tank.
I would sooner bin that frame and build a bigger one for the bigger tank, as a temporary measure if she does need more water then she can take half a dozen containers with her.

My next project is a cage to fit some water containers into, they will sit in a frame with a chain through the handles of the containers and a chain at the front, the back of it will be made of steel box sections to stop any forward momentum.

But tomorrow I'm making her pole holders for inside the van.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 09:15:06 pm »
Jeff... when is the big day next month you hand it all over  :'(

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 09:23:44 pm »
8th September when the kids go back to school.  ;D   ;D  ;D seem's like months away.

I don't know about having a rest, Michelle last week brought home 3 guttering Jobs and 2 Conservatory Cleans :'( Still its what I wanted, just guttering and cons.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 09:29:17 pm »
8th September when the kids go back to school.  ;D   ;D  ;D seem's like months away.

I don't know about having a rest, Michelle last week brought home 3 guttering Jobs and 2 Conservatory Cleans :'( Still its what I wanted, just guttering and conservatorys.

Your going to need something to keep you going  ;D

Jeff.. when you get really bored can you knock up something thats like the M1 swivel Gaz use to do?

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 09:31:46 pm »
That's already on the cards Bazz,  ;)
I've been waiting 2 months now for a spare part for my lathe, I was going to try and turn one in ally for lightness, brass will be far to heavy. but I'll give it a go.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 09:36:32 pm »
I've been waiting 2 months now for a spare part for my lathe, I was going to try and turn one in ally for lightness, brass will be far to heavy. but I'll give it a go.

I always thought you or Joe will make one some day... my money is on you (with your new spare time)..

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 09:47:39 pm »

I always thought you or Joe will make one some day... my money is on you (with your new spare time)..

Bazz...
My new spare time LMAO!!!
The Mk1 swivel will have to be turned on a lathe and Joe doesn't have a lathe.

I recon I'm going to be even more busy soon, I have a load of conservatories and guttering to do, for the past four months we have been pushing this type of work and its paying off at the moment.

I took my control panel out of my trailer today and I've started to make up a new one for Michelles van, she didn't like the upvc I had it mounted on and she picked up some of your decking I had stashed away for a rainy day  :'(
I'll be using my trailer to carry the gear for cleaning cons and guttering as Michelle will only be part time, I'll still be keeping my hand in with a little w/c.

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 06:08:07 pm »

Thank You  ;)

Jay of Jewel Cleaning pointed out to me last night the need for diagonals  struts, so today I ground off the paint were the welds would be and added 4 strut diagonals to add strength to the cage, I also added a length of flat steel on the open end of the cage again just to add a little more strength.
Thanks Jay, I did take your comments seriously ;)

That looks really strong now.

Nice one, very professional looking!

Wish I could use a welder!  It would be very useful.

Regards,

Jay.
(Jewel Cleaning Services)