This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Am I being greedy
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 08:32:09 pm »
Theres no such thing as the right price for a job.

There is what the customer will pay and there is what you would like to get.

These know it all people who (according to them) never get a price wrong are living in a fantasy world.

Get what you can, when you can, thats all anybody can ever do. Pricing is like guesswork at the best of times.
Yeah but it`s funny how you know when you got it wrong though in it lol. ;D ;D

peter holley

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 08:33:34 pm »
A lot of the time i go on the customer,if i don`t like them within reason the price of the job dosen`t come into it.Once a pain always a pain in my experience and they don`t get any better they always want freebies and drop the odd comment like my god have you done them already etc,your better off without people like that.I want to turn up get done in my time ie the quickest get paid and go.

agggh i v got a few like that, everything that come out of their mouth irritates me.... i only keep them if the price is right, if not its bye bye :-*

NWH

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 08:37:39 pm »
I had 1 like it about 6 months ago and it worked out at a very good price,she worked out more hassel than it was worth must come at a certain time etc i`m not back until the weekend so i want it cleaned on friday you know the sort.She got told and i`ve had about 4 -5 calls from her asking me to come back but she`s got no chance.

peter holley

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 08:47:14 pm »
i have a farm its £20 for 20 mins and i do all the neighbours as well....so its a good earner....a few months ago she moaned about wfp, and wanted me to do it trad....i explained that i dont use ladders for safety reasons..... she replied "its not my problem"... anyway i told her its wfp or nothing....ok she said,......then last week , she came out and said "can you leave it today" its a bit wet!!
no, problem i replied, il take you off my list and replace you with a regular........ohhhh she said  :o   ok you better do them.......

you have to stand your ground otherwise people walk all over you >:(

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 09:56:15 pm »
price of £30 seems about right
 original price before conserv should have been around £20 tho

tonyoliver

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 10:50:40 pm »
i do some ....well a lot for half of what you have done for the woman  even in south london i have undercharged for years and years it still hurts even now new jobs slowly replaceing old ones i had a council job that was the same cheap price as 18 years ago they built an extension and i cleaned it free for six months and the decided to put up the money the ext was dearer than the whole building in new price terms,
my first clean with the new price was a nightmare they kept on and on about how much i was ripping them off ect how rich i must be i flipped and done what i advise you all not to do on the basis "of speak to who knows not to who knows not"i went into van equip costs desil ect ect ect they said well we get a man to do ours on the local estate for 7 pounds this has x 3 bed so it sholud be 21.00 now you have to justify your self against the local beer /dole money trad man no offence trads any one in bussiness would understand about costs and give you some slac and only question if they thought you were rippig them off  my advice is dont argue your price is your price and let them find cheaper /better  else where i doubt it i doubt it

Dale Smith

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 08:22:24 pm »
Got to admit I feel sorry for him!!
Good business sense by you though Stan the Man, but I could not do that.
Fair play to you though, if he is willing to do it for that  ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 07:04:27 am »
Thats happening a lot round here. Then they realise that if they get two Polish blokes and send them off with a list..............

Why work for a living?

tompoole

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 07:32:22 am »
£25-£27.

£1 per window, 50p per pannel on conserv. i have now added a £1 for luck also.

hotsteam

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 08:11:19 am »
How long is some going to work for £3.50 an hour when you charge £25/30 an  hour ?
How long before they start up on their own under cutting you on your round ?
so do'nt moan when you have lost business to them.
Do'nt forget where you heard it first.
Hotsteam  ::)

Dale Smith

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 08:09:14 pm »
 ;D ;D Cheers Stan like it   8)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

L.J.S cleaning

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 09:00:20 pm »
dont think tour being greedy mate bet husband wont do them and end up getting a dearer quote

dai

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 09:29:55 pm »
7 pounds this has x 3 bed so it sholud be 21.00 now you have to justify your self against the local beer /dole money trad man no offence trads>

£21 for a three bed semi? If you can get that mate you should be flogging snake oil.
I sometimes think that I must be living on a different planet.