This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

niceandclean

Re: New Hot WFP
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 08:23:38 pm »
It looks really neat and tidy, like the rest of your van.  ;D  you should see in the back of mine!!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 10:34:01 pm »
Hi Wayne, how does the Ionics hot wash brush differ/compare with the normal cold brush and... why dont you use it ?

I use to like the old Ionics commercial brushes because they done a good job and felt good to work with although they lost their shape quickly.
I didn't like the Ionics multipole (domestic) brushes because they are narrower and very floppy to work with.
The new Ionics commercial brush is much stiffer, designed for hot WFP users but I've never really got on with it simply because it's too stiff, (even using hot water), and doesn't splay very well at all. It may be alright for cleaning really filthy conservatory roof's but it's not for me for cleaning glass, simply because it doesn't splay very well.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 05:36:43 am »
Thank you.

Kevin R

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 07:49:39 pm »
Well I spent the day doing a first clean at a factory & offices today. The first real test for me and my new "hot Box".

One thing I noticed very quickly was that I needed to turn my flow rate down. Usually I set my Varistream on  2.5 on the dial but this was too much, water seemed to be going everywhere. I turned the setting down to 2 and that seemed about what I usually use. I dont know but I guess the hot water must expand so you use less?

The second thing I noticed was spiders nests and bird poo (even baked on) were not a problem, very quick to remove which speeded things up a bit. Also greasy finger prints were removed with ease.

On one part of the building (in direct sunlight) I had a bit of a problem with the water steaming off the glass and drying spotty. I think this was a combination of hot wfp and heat from the sun. Im not sure if cold wfp would have faired any better. I left this section too the end of the day and re-cleaned the glass only. No spotting once dry.

My favorite thing apart from the bird poo and spider nest removal was that the glass dries quicker than usual. Making checking your work much easier than before. However it was very hot today so how noticeable this will be the depth of winter I dont know.

I do believe that hot wfp has saved me time. You can get a window to a good result very quickly. After I had cleaned several I got my confidence and was able to clean much faster with less effort than usual.

All in all a good day  ;D

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 08:21:55 pm »
Kev, if you're using hot water on south facing side on hot day, glass is extra hot from the sun and needs more rinsing IMO :) The larger the glass, the more it's baked and absorbing heat from the sun, so the more water you'll need, worse if it's tinted glass. 8)

Kevin R

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 08:25:07 pm »
Thanks Wayne, this glass had a mirror film on the inside  8)

NWH

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 08:25:24 pm »
Kev, if you're using hot water on south facing side on hot day, glass is extra hot from the sun and needs more rinsing IMO :) The larger the glass, the more it's baked and absorbing heat from the sun, so the more water you'll need, worse if it's tinted glass. 8)
More if your using cold.

niceandclean

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 08:31:35 pm »

Yes you defo need to rinse more if it is in direct sunlight and the glass is hot. I found this out when using the system for the first time, but the beauty as you say,  is you can check on your work once you have finished.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 08:34:43 pm »
The way the weather is at the moment Hot water is hardly worth the expense.

niceandclean

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 08:36:11 pm »

You are probably right! I dont use it much on regular cleans in hot weather, only first cleans.

NWH

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 08:37:31 pm »
It was 30 degrees in the south today and my hoses were really hot,the water was coming out warm.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 08:40:22 pm »
No need to use hot wfp on normal cleans this time of year unless the windows are heavily soiled in bird pooh or new cleans to save some time. The sun will heat the water in the uncoiled hose laying on the ground sufficient enough to make a noticeable difference anyway. Save the diesel for your heater for later in the year when it really makes a difference.

Kevin R

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 08:42:21 pm »
So guys if you were doing a quarterly clean would you use hot?

niceandclean

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 08:58:13 pm »
No probably not in this weather, depends on how bad they were.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 09:03:40 pm »
I use hot on weekly cleans,... it's hard going back to cold stiff hoses once you've gotten used to hot!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 09:11:13 pm »
If the quarterly clean is on a main busy road or heavily soiled I probably would, depends how dirty they are. If they're not bad, I wouldn't bother using hot wfp, just extra water for scrubbing first.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 09:11:29 pm »
Nathanael... Can i ask you how much (Total) it cost you to set up your hot system..

Bazz...

poleman

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 09:16:07 pm »

Wrong! this time of year, the water can dry too quick and cause spotting, hot water system will help on hot glass because equal heat exchange

edd

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 10:28:38 pm »
hi I don't want to p-ss on your fireworks mate BUT at that temp you will
break windows I know we have 3 times now and its not funny trying
to explain to the custys may be 40 deg   and 20 in winter which is what
 we use for the last 3 years but still windows let go and crack even now
probably cracked 50 ish windows bit here bit there but still a crack so
beware sorry to go on Edd

NWH

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:51 pm »

Wrong! this time of year, the water can dry too quick and cause spotting, hot water system will help on hot glass because equal heat exchange
You`ve been listening to Reuben to much,buy 1 in winter cos it`s cold and by 1 in summer for your above reason,old Reuben must have blisters on his hands from rubbing them to much lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D