Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: letting agency dilemma
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 08:02:59 pm »
Nothing to do with VAT, it's to do with TAX.

RTFM!

Steve Chapman

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 08:36:20 pm »

I dont think you have to actually issue an invoice to every customer, i'm sure window cleaners dont , just need a record of every transaction, obviously a receipt is a good idea, but i dont think there are hard & fast rules on how to keep records as long as you do it!

steve

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 09:30:43 pm »
Picked up a letting agent today, out of the blue - my fitting job was delayed by the painters so I thought today would be a rub out.

Got a call asking me if I could do a 3 bed house and 2 rooms in a flat - but I had to price match their current cleaners price of £ 1.95m2.

Now this is much lower than I normally charge, but you have to look at the bigger picture and they already have asked me to quote on re-carpeting another 2 bed flat, so swings and roundabouts.

Anyway, long story short, 4 hours work £ 175 - not such a waste of a day after all.

Steve

derek west

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 10:06:15 pm »
a 3 bed house and 2 rooms in a flat! 4 hours? what am i doing wrong, thats an all dayer for me,

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 10:26:40 pm »
Derek

Vacuum, pre-spray and agitate all of upstairs, fill machine, then ready to rinse all upstairs. Get machine downstairs, spray, scrub stairs, have a ciggy, rinse. Then repeat for lounge/diner, hall and downstairs loo. 2 and a half hours.

Then 2 empty rooms, took a bit longer as I had lug everything up 2 flights.

Take keys back - 4 hours start to finish.

Don't forget it's empty, no poxy furniture to move, no kids and dogs getting in the way, no 20 questions from the customer.

Steve

derek west

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 12:58:55 pm »
i'm guessing you dont edge then steve, if all the so called rooms were empty then i may be able to do it about 6 hours, depends on stains, did 2 empty bedroom last week, took 3 hours, lots and lots of stains and draft marks though, think i need to speed up or stop excepting coffees.
best one so far, living room, 1hr 10 mins from leaving home to getting back home, no draft marks and the stains came out with the trucky. wish they were all like that.

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 05:16:25 pm »
Everything done by the book Derek.

Fortunately no real stains to speak of, everything came out with the rinse.

Must admit I was going like the clappers as I had to drop the keys back for the first one before the agent closed.

Steve