This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

U.S. wfp USER

Re: Hot wfp and cracked glass
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 11:55:30 am »
I have not had any break on me.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

karlosdaze

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 05:39:29 pm »
I had a long explantion of a reply from Jim Willingham (RIP) explaining the causes of cracking especially in heat variables i.e. air conditioned buildings on hot days or sub zero temps on heated offices. This works the same for cold water in hot climates. I've yet to have a crack yet, but then again my water isn't exactly cold when I get to the job.
There has also been cases of building movement blowing windows due to tremors or earth quakes even minor ones.
I have also heard of cases where the bottom side of a window having a tint & the top side without. The stresses it put on the window due to tempreture diffentials cracked the window in the full glare of the sun.

twt

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 10:26:57 am »
I had a long explantion of a reply from Jim Willingham (RIP) explaining the causes of cracking especially in heat variables i.e. air conditioned buildings on hot days or sub zero temps on heated offices. This works the same for cold water in hot climates. I've yet to have a crack yet, but then again my water isn't exactly cold when I get to the job.
There has also been cases of building movement blowing windows due to tremors or earth quakes even minor ones.
I have also heard of cases where the bottom side of a window having a tint & the top side without. The stresses it put on the window due to tempreture diffentials cracked the window in the full glare of the sun.
thanks for your reply but for your reply but im looking for information on hot wfp cracking glass because after several years of using cold wfp i have never had any problem with cracked glass.