This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MissyShell

Re: Cheap Van Wanted
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 10:09:23 pm »
Im sooo confused why is there so many vans some the same but different like PARTNERS and BERLINGOS some have side doors and then same makes dont have side doors,
ALL I WANT IS A RELATIVELY CHEAP VAN SO I CAN TAKE OVER FROM ME DAD TO GIVE HIM A BREAK AND HELP ME MUM WHO HAS MS?WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GO AND ROUGHLY HOW MUCH???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
arrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Michelle x x x

jeff1

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 10:10:36 pm »
Im sooo confused why is there so many vans some the same but different like PARTNERS and BERLINGOS some have side doors and then same makes dont have side doors,
ALL I WANT IS A RELATIVELY CHEAP VAN SO I CAN TAKE OVER FROM ME DAD TO GIVE HIM A BREAK AND HELP ME MUM WHO HAS MS?WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GO AND ROUGHLY HOW MUCH???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Michelle x x x
Stop shouting and turn your capital locks off ;D

Art

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 10:18:20 pm »
Hi Michelle,

Did you have a look in autotrader?

Arthur

MissyShell

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 10:35:28 pm »
Hi Michelle,

Did you have a look in autotrader?

Arthur

Havent yet but will do! dont really know where to start,I am new to all this so thanks will look tomorrow. :o

MissyShell

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 10:36:24 pm »
Michelle x x x
Stop shouting and turn your capital locks off ;D

You found me!!sorry just easier to get your point across sometimes!!

Dean Aspects

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 05:44:48 am »
Just to give you an idea of what is available at your price and what can be fitted here are some vans

cgi.ebay.co.uk/window-cleaning-pole-system-with-van_W0QQitemZ110263194339QQihZ001QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cgi.ebay.co.uk/pure-water-fed-pole-window-cleaning-system-in-combo-van_W0QQitemZ320265026643QQihZ011QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cgi.ebay.co.uk/window-cleaning-business-water-fed-pole-system-with-van_W0QQitemZ230262702362QQihZ013QQcategoryZ11762QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just copy and paste into your browser

Dean

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 06:18:29 pm »
Michelle:

By far the cheapest place is a commercial car auction. Only buy ex fleet with full service history. British Car Auctions are all around the country. Go buy a Peugeot Expert/Dispatch/Scudo. There are 2 versions the 1.9 and 2.0. The 2.0 has a 900kg payload and the 1.9 has something like 800kg. I belive they all have twin side doors.

The are a superor van to the Berlingos/Kangoos/Partners. Then 2.0 engine is very good and Ive seen Taxis with this engine with well over 300,000 on the clock!!! They have much more space and they have better ground clearance and are higher so lifting things in and out is easier, Luke

ps. There are 3 versions of the Experts/Dispatch/Scudo. The old look, the mark 2 look and then finally the 2007-present model.

I reccomend on your budget the mark 1 or 2

mark 1:

mark 2:

mark 3:

the mark 3's are more expensive as they are the latest model. They alos have bigger payloads and more load space

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jeff1

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 06:34:53 pm »
Thanks Guy's, there are some good idea's and links there, Shell has the day off tomorrow so she can go through it all then.

Thanks again Guy's its much appreciated.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 07:10:52 pm »
(talking about myself part two)
I needed a van as a market trader and sent my dad with 2k to spend at auction. He knew even less about vans than i did. I got a ducato that had probably been round the clock. It was scruffy, especially the cab with dirty ripped seats and springs showing.

I had it for five years and did 80k in it. I needed a new engine, a new steering rack,a recon gearbox,windscreen wiper motor. I would often have to make a fix such as tying the exhaust on on the motor way on the way to or from market. My evenings were spent underneath it with dirty oily hands. Daytimes I would be chasing cheap mechanics about for when they could fit me in.

I lost quite a few days work over the five years and drove around in what other people saw as a wreck. So i had it five years untill I couldn't take it anymore.(someone ran a fairground ride into it). The cost if you add the engine/gearbox etc onto the purcharse price was 7k. It dawned on me that running about in a banger is stupid.

I bought a brand new ducato(june 2000) 10k plus vat. It didn't even need an mot for three years. It was such a relief not to be constantly chasing garage repairs. I still have it and apart from tyres,oil and Mot's it hasn't cost me a penny.

About that time (june 2000) i remarried (they didn't have forums in those days) and started another family. So driving around in a nice new van with my wife and new baby was definitely pleasanter.

Parting with the money was painfull, but I knew i intended to stick at being a market trader for many years to come.These days, or this tax year you can discount the entire purchase price against tax in the same year. Very probably anyway Shell will runn at a loss.

When I started window cleaning using similar logic I bought a scudo 7k plus vat
with 13k miles on from my fiat dealer.

Very good info from luke etc.

jeff1

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 07:57:05 pm »
Clive, 
here you go again about your vans  ;D ;D ;D
You could write a 3,000 page bible regarding vans but, I still WOULDN'T BUY ONE  ;D ;D

Now, Shell is a different character and does want her own van, She has until September to get one? but knowing Shell, she'll get one before.

I know she won't rush into it, I also know I'll have to go along with her, I'm not van orientated but I know enough about cars to give me good guidance when we finally have to go and buy one.

Between us and with the help from all the guy's we know what direction were heading regarding engine and weight size, the number of doors she wants and so on.