This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fox

Re: Office Cleaning Pricing & Wining Contracts
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 09:18:09 am »
I find that an odd way to do it too.  Our insurers work on projected payroll costs for each section of the company eg, office cleaning, admin, window cleaning, carpets etc regardless of number of staff.  I don't suppose it matters as long as you are covered.

Regarding hol pay 4.8 weeks pro rata is the minimum allowed for any employee, that is the basis to work it out on whether they are working 1hour per week or 100.  Sort of know where you got stuck explaining yourself though, many people get confused.

Fox

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 09:09:58 am »
In my opinion where any of this would fall down is deciding how long it takes to do the job to the clients standards.

People tend to work at diffrent speeds so if you employ one cleaner on a job it could run over or under or corners are cut.

Robert Parry

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 11:30:07 am »
Hi Ian,

That indeed is the rub, but a big clue is given  ;D

The crucial thing to get right is the survey.
Listen to what your prospect tells you during the survey, listen, don’t talk about how good you think you are, listen to them, get a feeling for what the client wants, not what you think they want.
After listening to them, base your quote on what they want, base you’re cleaning times on what they have told you.
Understand the real costs of business, if you really have no idea, ask your accountant/bank manager, draw up a business plan, and review it monthly.
Learn all you can about cleaning techniques; obtain at least, a fundamental understanding of business principles.
Don’t promise what you can’t deliver EVER!

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....