This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Seriously get RID of your LADDERS
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 10:40:50 pm »
the ladders your mate uses are rubbish i use diy ladders but titan which are box section,the ladders he has are only safe up to 15 stone so he is an accident waiting to happen
I wish you would talk to him, he won't listen to me! :o

Ladders are safe... It people who take risks!  :o

neil100

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 09:59:27 pm »
I am wfp and loveing it but will I ditch my ladders? Not on you Nelly.

I dont use them much, Some days not at all.But I allways carry a pair just in case.I would feel I was going to work naked if I never had my ladders. 29 years as a full time w/cleaner I will have been up and down a ladder more then many will do in a lifetime.

I did two guttering jobs(Cleaning them out) on Tuesday with my ladders,which paid me more the £50 an hour. I enjoyed the work. 

I am a professional window cleaner and so I will allways carry a ladder. Yes I could fall,But I could get knocked over crossing a road.I may have an accident in the van, would I be crushed by my full tank of water if it broke free?

How many wfp chaps have fallen over their hoses and broken an arm?

Dont get me wrong I am wfp through and through,my biggest regret is that I had not switched to wfp as soon as it came out in this country.But I will allways use and carry my ladders, all be it in a limited capacity.

I have fallen off my ladders a few times whilst w,cleaning and its not nice. But I have lost more time off work as result of injuries sustained by playing football.

Neil

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 10:19:55 pm »
the ladders your mate uses are rubbish i use diy ladders but titan which are box section,the ladders he has are only safe up to 15 stone so he is an accident waiting to happen
I wish you would talk to him, he won't listen to me! :o

Ladders are safe... It people who take risks!  :o
Where'd he go?   :(

MissyShell

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 12:10:40 am »
Hello everyone!!
It has been very interesting here reading different peoples opinions,
I would just like to say im a woman window cleaner and that is not the reason why I dont use ladders but I dont because I dont have to use a ladder my pole is all I need and have been managing absolutely fine for about 9 weeks now my dad hasnt touched a ladder for about 2 years.
Yes there dangerous if not used properly but not every business can have 2 people I certainly safety or not wouldnt want a job that involves having to foot a ladder all the time,even if you took t in turns would till be very dull.
Im very lucky with the business im taking over there has been 3 of us whilst been training and like today went out with no ladders one of us was cleaning at the front one out the back and one washing the concervatory it took us about 25 minutes and we were done,it was a big farm house mind you!but it was done and no accidents.
That was all well and good but soon ill be on my own as the other 2 want to be home more as my mum has M.S and my dad wants to be home to look after her theres no way I could even think about taking over if we still had to use ladders!
Its what suits you at the end of the day!!
Kind regards
Michelle x x  8)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 12:44:52 am »

I dont use them much, Some days not at all.But I allways carry a pair just in case.I would feel I was going to work naked if I never had my ladders. 29 years as a full time w/cleaner I will have been up and down a ladder more then many will do in a lifetime.

I did two guttering jobs(Cleaning them out) on Tuesday with my ladders,which paid me more the £50 an hour. I enjoyed the work. 

I am a professional window cleaner and so I will allways carry a ladder. Yes I could fall,But I could get knocked over crossing a road.I may have an accident in the van, would I be crushed by my full tank of water if it broke free?

Dont get me wrong I am wfp through and through,my biggest regret is that I had not switched to wfp as soon as it came out in this country.But I will allways use and carry my ladders, all be it in a limited capacity.

I have fallen off my ladders a few times whilst w,cleaning and its not nice. But I have lost more time off work as result of injuries sustained by playing football.

Neil
Good post.
Well said.

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 12:53:19 am »

Neil
Good post.
Well said.
Have to agree with Squeaky, as that is about spot on.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 01:16:48 am »

Neil
Good post.
Well said.
Have to agree with Squeaky, as that is about spot on.
I agree , well said
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 01:33:00 am »
Will everybody stop agreeing with me.
It's un-natural. ;D

groundhog

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 02:20:56 am »

Will everybody stop agreeing with me.
It's un-natural. ;D

I disagree!! Do you feel better now Squeaky?  ;D

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 10:06:12 pm »
Doesnt look any better!

RPCCS

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 10:58:15 pm »
in 18.5 yrs of window cleaning ,luckily I've only had 3 serious falls, 1st time fell backwards so I jumped rather than hit the ground back 1st, fractureed my heel in 3 places, lost 5 months work time. 2nd time over reached and fell down the gap , fractured wrist, 4 weeks off , 3rd time fell off about 10 ft while doing a friend a favor,  fractured ankle and back ,8 weeks off , just went back yesterday to dirty frames , so its gonna be slow for the next couple of weeks.
Cheers Rich

groundhog

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 11:22:36 pm »
in 18.5 yrs of window cleaning ,luckily I've only had 3 serious falls, 1st time fell backwards so I jumped rather than hit the ground back 1st, fractureed my heel in 3 places, lost 5 months work time. 2nd time over reached and fell down the gap , fractured wrist, 4 weeks off , 3rd time fell off about 10 ft while doing a friend a favor,  fractured ankle and back ,8 weeks off , just went back yesterday to dirty frames , so its gonna be slow for the next couple of weeks.

You call that lucky!!!!!!  :o

haggis

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:11 am »
How can you clean a window and frames and sills without seeing them, ladders in the correct hands are safe! poor old guy,  that would have put me off,  but why was he up a ladder at his age, surely he could have given a dole dodger 30 quid a day to do upstairs
God loves a tryer but trying tae clean windaes in the rain - It's a mugs game

samuels28

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:27 am »
hi, window cleaning for 12 years( thrad) last 5 wfp, in the last 12years using the ladder no injures, us the pole, my back ache'S after long dayr my neck hurts alot from looking up for so long, my eye's hurt if suns out (if forget sun glasses) strip over hoses all the time

people make laugh with all this health and saftey stuff, people have not spent thousands for health and safety, they have changed over to make a lot more money

samuel h

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 08:25:27 am »
That's not lucky, that's dreadful!

I was working up ladders for 10 years and didn't have any falls, not even an un-serious one.

I don't know how people manage it.
Ladders aren't scary at all unless you're clumsy. ???

To be fair, I was careless.
I used to run up and down two rungs at a time, reach out, use it in corners...all sorts...
Still didn't manage to fall off though.

kris martin

Re: Seriously get RID of your LADDERs
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 09:39:00 am »
i did all above and fell off twice but this was years ago when both times the ladder slipped from under me, since we spiked are ladders 7 years ago we have never had this problem...   but honestly fast trad guys have to run up and down the ladder at daft pace and i wondered just how long my legs would help me do this for becase i know my legs were tireing at 30

Sir Squeaky

Re: Seriously get RID of your LADDERs
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 09:57:28 am »
  but honestly fast trad guys have to run up and down the ladder at daft pace and i wondered just how long my legs would help me do this for becase i know my legs were tireing at 30
Yes, same here! ;D

kris martin

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 10:05:09 am »
im 30 now and already i was questioning how long a could trad fast for, i am extremely fast trad and good as well that is probably why wfp isnt significantly faster but my days are a lot more chilled and im making more money in the same time (im not gonna fall, unless i trip over a plant pot ;D) i love wfp and i do think it does a better job than trad but i dont think you can get this result from 1 or 2 cleans i think it taks 3 or 4..

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 04:49:56 pm »
Good on yer MArtin.

Nice to see someone happy and relaxed.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.