Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Where can i buy GG4 ?
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2003, 02:26:23 am »
Hi skowee
Dont know if you got your GG4 yet but wintecs emailed me to say they have just got a load in
Dont know if this helps you at all
Cheers
Alan

Skowee

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2003, 07:10:40 pm »
Hi Alan

I got a message from wintecs this morning about GG4 but unfortunatly for them I had just been to my local Amtrac depot to pick up my parcel of GG4 from scrimcity.
Thanks for letting me know anyway.

Terry

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2003, 01:41:45 am »
Hi
On Friday 9th Nov I thought Id take a drive down to Ipswich and cheack out this Windowclean centre everyone talks about. After driving past it once when I found it thought not very big.
Popped inside and there is bloody everything well impressed and very cheap too.Stock and more stock and even more of it. One of the things I brought was 10 36inch Ettore rubbers for £19.00 plus vat could not believe the price well cheap.
And that goes for most of there stuff too. They have all the new realise gear applicator sleaves to any handle for your squeegee,poles and assesories to ladders if anyone in the area well worth a visit.
Trust me.
Cheers
Alan

STEVE71163

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2003, 03:55:13 pm »
Alan,
      Are you still using GG4 or have you gone back to Persil ???

Steve

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2003, 05:03:23 pm »
Hi steve
i am still using GG4 not to bad worse thing I find is inside of pubs, Hotels it does not tackle nicotine well I find how about you.
But sticking with it gave a new job I got a clean today which was a pub not been cleaned for 2 months took ages to finish insides.
But when you finish the clean windows do sparkle.
How about you steve you still using.
Cheers
Alan

STEVE71163

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2003, 07:04:50 pm »
Hi Alan,
          Yes i am still using GG4 but it does take some getting used to. I think it does save in less wipe up time but the jury is still out at the moment ::)

Steve

matt

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2003, 03:01:33 pm »
i used it for a month on it own

now i add a VERY small drop of fairy, it just adds that something

matt

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2003, 03:01:56 pm »
ive thought what the something is

fairy  ;D ::) :P

fez

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2003, 03:57:35 pm »
I've just had a really bad morning with GG3.  :'(

Just when I thought that I'd cracked it and that I was speeding up again when I cleaned a large farmhouse with smallish windows. It was mostly scrim work and I seemed to have loads of trouble removing the water without streaking. As soon as my drying scrim was slightly damp, it seemed to leave more marks than it was getting rid of. I had to change scrims twice when, if I'd used Fairy one scrim would have easily seen the job finished.

I had a few problems the other day on glass which had the sun directly on it, the squeegee seemed to not want to move at all on the glass and was really difficult to manoeuvre on the glass no matter how light I pressed. It was a real pain.

Any ideas? ???

STEVE71163

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2003, 04:19:44 pm »
Hi Fez,
         I had a problem with the sun on the glass when i was cleaning today :( I think i am going to go back to fairy from Monday because although it takes a little bit longer with wipe up its definately better with sqeegee glide.

Steve

paul

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2003, 05:00:22 pm »
steve you can buy gg4 from scrim city its £20.88 + vat
you can find them online at  
http://www.scrimcity.co.uk

paul
reflections cleaning services

STEVE71163

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2003, 05:20:57 pm »
Hi Paul,
          I already use GG4 but find it a bit difficult to work with ???  Do you use GG4 ???

Steve

fez

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2003, 07:08:22 pm »
Hi Fez,
         I had a problem with the sun on the glass when i was cleaning today :( I think i am going to go back to fairy from Monday because although it takes a little bit longer with wipe up its definately better with sqeegee glide.

Steve

Yeah, I don't blame you really, some days Glass Gleam is very fast/easy to use, and some days it seems to be bloody awful. I've still got a large, full container of GG3 left so I'll try to persevere with it a bit longer. I like the finished results a lot, the glass is noticably shinier but I'm still struggling after nearly a month. :'(

fez

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2003, 07:11:42 pm »
The other problem that I forgot to mention is that I find it so easy to miss small areas in the middle of the glass that are difficult to see. When you've got half-way down your ladder, you spot them and have to go up again to finish detailing.

STEVE71163

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2003, 02:24:21 pm »
I have just done a few large commercial jobs using Fairy again. The job did take longer with fairy because of more mopping up and detailing but it was nice to have increased glide with the squeegee ??? ::) ???

Steve

g_griffin

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2003, 04:01:40 pm »
I`ve been looking at Titans website about gg3/4 and there is a section-" comments on squeegee drag". It recommends keeping your rubber wet,squeegeeing JUST above the line of water and as few passes/strokes as possible. I think this proves there`s hardly any glide with glass gleam and why I struggled more with smaller windows(eg. opening lights) as my smaller squeegee couldn`t twist and turn. If, unlike me, you`re still prepared to use it or finish the bottle, you maybe better straight-pulling as you squeegee off- just straight strokes from one edge of window to the other.  Gerry.

STEVE71163

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2003, 08:03:58 pm »
After using fairy today i am just washing out my equipment because i am going back to GG4 tommorrow. I can work quicker with GG4 and time is money :D  (Less detailing and mopping up)

Steve

g_griffin

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2003, 10:04:13 pm »
Steve,    do you squeegee off in one continuous stroke ( S-shaped method)? I`ve tried gg4 and straight-pulling and it was easier but I don`t think it would be practical all day long.     Gerry.

STEVE71163

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2003, 10:06:39 pm »
Hi Gerry,
            Yes i just use the s method.

Steve

fez

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2003, 11:27:33 am »
Steve, are you leaving a gap around the edge when you use your applicator? If so, how much? I've found that sometimes I've left a mucky mark at the top of the glass because the squeegee hasn't pushed the gg3 right to the edge, maybe my applicator sleeve has been too dry though - I don't know.