Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

Re: SHRINKING
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 08:18:29 pm »
Mike

If I let you know every carpet fitter would want one cost about £500. have considered adding this service to my leaflets. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

liahona

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 08:23:36 pm »
Len, I paid $600 for mine.  Everyone should have one.

Best, Dave.

PaulKing

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 08:27:21 pm »
power stretcher maybe?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Len Gribble

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 08:51:06 pm »
Dave

I know I got rip off $ = £

Paul

Defiantly not, staple gun and knee kicker. ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

richie

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 10:48:28 pm »
As already mentioned,  the Belguim Wilton carpets are PolyProp with hessian backing.  These carpets ca be a big headache for even the most experienced carpet cleaners.  It amazes me that some shrink even if only a light pre-spray is applied.  I used to clean the carpets for an elderly lady who had a Belguim Wilton fitted.  I explained that the chances were that it was going to shrink.  She gave me the go ahead so i got her to sign my invoice that i had stated on that i was expecting it to shrink.  IT DID.  it went about 2 inches.  I went back a week later and tried to stretch it but was hopeless.  I went back about 12 months later to clean again.  This time it went another inch.   Not all of them shrink, in fact i have not had one shrink for about 4 years.   If ever in doubt contact someone like Chemspec,  They will always give you good sound advice.

Carpet Guy,
Why do you insist on giving out so much hassle?  You cannot help having a dig can you.  If you cannot be sensible with your posts i think you would be better off posting on other forums (CT would be a good one for you) ;D

Richie.

Damian

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 11:19:55 pm »
Richie

He banned from CT pmsl

Damian ;D
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

carpet guy

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 11:37:21 pm »
Oh get a life, children and yes I was banned from Cleantalk for challenging some of the Solutions claims and my comments ( unfortunately for the guys who signed up ) proved to be correct.

There are a lot of sensitive souls on here at the moment, but there are lots of others who are just looking for help, not outrageous claims of earnings which less than 1% of carpet cleaners will achieve.

You need a balance in a forum and that means argument and discussion, unfortunately human nature dictates that the masses will follow the pied piper and drown in the process.

Strange how some pretty scathing and personal insults are accepted and more subtle humour is lost in tranlation .

richie

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 11:44:25 pm »
Carpet Guy,

The fact is.......you all to often have to twist things & give negative posts.  Some time ago Mike Halliday won a vote and was Crowned.....Britains Most Helpful Carpet Cleaner.  The vote was given by other Carpet Cleaners.  You on the other hand are well on target to be voted Britains Least Helpful Carpet Cleaner.  The one thing that you can be proud of though is that you have been banned from CT.  Join the club as many of are now officially banned from Britains Worst Run Cleaning Forum.  ;D

Richie.

Damian

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 12:04:59 am »
Rob-i think your opening sentence sums up your own appraisal of life in general?
i.e(looking down on others!!)-whilst sometimes you do talk some sence, a lot of times i personally do not post because i know it will turn into a slanging match as you always want the upper hand and that my friend is not an OPEN forum!
Personally i have a limited amount of respect for you(at present?) but this isnt YOUR forum.
I post infrequently here  now as its becomisng a one man show I FEEL.
As for humour-ive got as much if not more than the next man to give and take and will gladly trade insults and benefit from this.

One point i WILL make-is whilst i gladly glean all knowledge from ALL sources(my brain soaks up all information!)- I have never been impressed with a bloke that has had many careers?

YOU tried to make fun of myself on here and called me names without actually knowing who i am nor my family(FAMILY TRADE OF CARPETS)

So therefore in my own opinion of a guy(thats been backing out of the cleaning game -for years(F.OFF) for me!!)
Sick of hearing bout ya chap.

Damian ::)

P.s realise if i get banned for this its fair do's but cant bearsed anyways by now

carpet guy

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 12:56:16 am »
Like I said Richie

Every post I've made has either been from past experience, wide and varied  knowledge, concern for the new , or inexperienced, that they might be getting false, or unrealistic information, which if acted on, could cause them to spend beyond their means

What's wrong with encouraging a " new to the industry person " to start without spending beyond their means..............they might not even like the work,  be prepared to work for less than the top earners, until gaining experience and credibility. That's logical and reasonable and I reckon doing them a favour. It's rubbish to suggest you can't increase your prices if you start off at competetive rates.

To me it's good practice and ethics, to you it's negativety.

Damian

Don't have a clue what you're gibbering about.

Damian

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 01:02:14 am »
Rob, the sad part is you DO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT AND ARE BLINKERED AS TO THE TRUTH EVEN NOW.

Blessed are those ::)

Damian :)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 02:48:58 pm »
R - Clean,
Do a proper course and not one thats manufacturer/ supplier oriented, and take an examination on completion. NCCA or IICRC courses for example, these will explain what to look for and reasons why.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

markpowell

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 03:58:48 pm »
Dave,
I have only done the Prochem courses, i have been running 8 years without any customer complaints.
They show the basics of fibre identification, colour bleed test, different cleaning techniques and so on.yes they only use there own products, so what? When you go out to quote do you recommend Chem-dry?
Most people doing there course have purchased a Prochem machine and have got the free voucher for training. I have used products from Alltec, Chemspec etc and imo have found Prochem products to be the best most of the time so for a new starter i would recommend the Prochem course.
Mark

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 04:07:31 pm »
I went on the Ashby 3 day course when I bought my Ninja and really needed it. I think once you have that under your belt you would get more out of NCCA etc after a few months cleaning too.

markpowell

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 04:19:10 pm »
Mike,
I agree do the free basic course most companys offer when buying a machine then once your up and running do one of the Ncca or iicrc courses if you wish.
mark

Dave_Lee

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 06:10:47 pm »
Mrk,
I did my first courses with Prochem nearly 30 years ago. Have lost count of the number of courses I have done since. But definatley the best ones are the IICRC recognised ones, as they are not biased towards branded products.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

PaulKing

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 08:51:05 pm »
why does it say guest next to carpet guys name???
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Len Gribble

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 09:12:05 pm »
Think Rob has jack it in? Shame really did like his pops at me. :D

Len

richie

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 09:21:02 pm »
Carpet Guy,

Nearly every post you make, in my opinion & others you are very negative,  I dont mean careful i mean you dont give out anything that is useful.  Why is this?  In your last post to me you say  "It's rubbish to suggest you can't increase your prices if you start off at competetive rates".  I have not said anything about not been able to raise prices if started at a competitive price.  

Inexperienced or new comers to this industry often require guidence.  This is what these forums often give and why MOST of us post sensible replies.  Im all for having a laugh with people,  giving & receiving banter is a good thing.  To do this we need to know when is the right time.  A newcomer/inexperienced CC needs guidence not the sarky replies that you give TO OFTEN.  

Richie.