This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TennetClean

Re: Pictures of my Van
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2008, 06:35:20 pm »
Squeaky its nothing to do with having the tank resting against something at all.  10 tonnes will snap the seat and driver no problem at all.

You mate are giving dangerous advice.  I am being serious now, marcus I would seriously think about that set up.

david i dont care less about carpet cleanng machines, i'm a window cleaner, and marcus needs to look again at that set up.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

NWH

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2008, 06:44:06 pm »
Cheers discount.

I'm getting a 600 litre thrmo-pure system.  I'm also getting a new van, renault traffic silver metallic.

As for the cost... well I'll keep that to myself tbh.  If you really want to know email me and I'll tell ya.
Are you getting both through ionic.

TennetClean

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2008, 06:50:18 pm »
Marcus look here:

Halfords Trailer

You can pick up a nice trailer from halfords for only £220.  Your tank and gear would fit in this no problem I think.  At least give it some thought mate.

NWH, yes I am.

MNWC

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2008, 07:24:58 pm »
Jokeing aside

The tank is held down by 2 x 2 tonne ratchet straps which are attached to the seatbelt fixings.

The front of the tank is pushed up against an angle iron which inturn is bolted through floor with spacers and 16mm nuts and bolts. It wont move

The reel is secured on the crate which inturn is fixed into the floorpan.

when i  posted pics i knew id get some stick.......so what it works for me and im happy with it.

Any way thanks for the concern tiol      sorry   Tennant Clean ill sighn off now.

Marcus...

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2008, 07:55:43 pm »
Squeaky its nothing to do with having the tank resting against something at all.  10 tonnes will snap the seat and driver no problem at all.

You mate are giving dangerous advice.  I am being serious now, marcus I would seriously think about that set up.
Rubbish, you clearly don't understand simple physics.
It ain't going to smash through a steel partition that it's already up against at 30mph.
There's no build up of momentum.

If that was the case then in a bendy bus or a 2 coach train crash the rear carriage would crush the front one. It doesn't though.

If it was travelling a few feet behind then it would.
A trailer would smash through the car for a start. Lets have some sense here! ;D

It's simple.
Don't believe the hype.

TennetClean

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2008, 11:25:51 pm »
Squeaky, no offense mate, but i seem to remember it wasnt all that long ago that you were denying the benefits of waterfed pole adamantly.

Then all of a sudden you went waterfed pole.

My point is, your opinion changes according to your own circumstances.

"I'm using ladders therefore all you pole users are wrong" is the way you used to go on, I remember it well.

Only all us pole users were not wrong, you were.

Now, its "I dont have a pro crash-tested system so if you do you are wrong"
I'm afraid I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for that viewpoint.  You cannot afford one/dont want one, fine thats your choice, but it does not make it the wrong choice for others.

I was chatting with a guy at ionics last week when I was sorting something with my order and I mentioned about how ionics are always slated on forums etc.  The guy just laughed a little and said it was nothing new and that it was the british nature to knock success.  At the end of the day there are more reach and wash systems out there than all others put together, and thats not for no reason.  The guy said the same was true of any industry, the market leaders are always criticized simply because they are successful.

I got thinking about that and do you it is right. Look at microsoft - they have produced the most successful and widely used computer product of all time - Windows - yet if you go on a computer forum and ask the geeks there what they think of microsoft, they will slate it, even though the PC as we know it would not exist without their products.

Coming back to ionics, I have great respect for others here (like discount) who have the attitude of "I dont have a system like that yet, but its a great system, good luck to you, I hope you make a success of it"

Squeaky, you are just unable to see anyone else's point of view, i'm sure I am not the first person to tell you this, and I also bet this goes way beyond window cleaning in your life.  Just look at your attitude to those who charge a higher price than you.  You think they are wrong.  LOL How can it be wrong to earn more money per hour.  Would it not be better to try to understand how more can be charged?  No, because yet again your opinion is based on your own circumstances.  You cant charge it so it is wrong that anyone else does.

Seriously mate, i think you may be one of those people who is closed minded and is only happiy being miserable, if you know what I mean.

That sort of attitude i just dont understand.  Cheer up matey!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2008, 11:36:11 pm »
Seriously mate, i think you may be one of those people who is closed minded and is only happiy being miserable, if you know what I mean.

That sort of attitude i just dont understand.  Cheer up matey!
I didn't say that having a professionally built system was wrong, how could it be?
Stop misquoting me. ::)
I've said in the past (like many others) that it's unneccesary that's all.
You can't clean windows any better or any quicker because you've forked out 3 times as much.

And to be honest, I never mentioned it in this thread anyway...
I said that a tank up against a partition wasn't going to crush you at 30mph.

Oh yeah, and me? miserable?  ???
How could anyone be miserable after reading some of your posts? ;D

mr D

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2008, 12:05:02 am »
soory just wanted to say the system in despute looks bloody awfull! thats not a van ita a car. i serously would check how road leagle it is. i'd give you a ticket in a flash!!

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2008, 12:09:17 am »

It ain't going to smash through a steel partition that it's already up against at 30mph.

If that was the case then in a bendy bus or a 2 coach train crash the rear carriage would crush the front one. It doesn't though.

A trailer would smash through the car for a start. Lets have some sense here! ;D

It's simple.
Don't believe the hype.

Sorry to say this, Squeaky Clean, but it's YOUR knowledge of physics that is deficient here.

All you need to know is Newton's first law: Every body will continue in a state of uniform rest or motion unless acted upon by an external force. It's also known as the law of conservation of momentum.

What this means is that if your van and its contents are doing 30 mph and it is brought to a sudden stop in a collision, the contents are going to want to continue doing 30 mph whether they are up against a bulkhead or not.

If that was the case then in a bendy bus or a 2 coach train crash the rear carriage would crush the front one. It doesn't though. Yes, it does!

A trailer would smash through the car for a start. Yes, that's right. That's exactly what it tries to do.

If you don't believe me, here's a little experiment you can try at home. Take a supermarket trolley and run with it as hard and as fast as you can into a brick wall. As long as you are holding the trolley tightly, (i) you will not damage the trolley and (ii) the trolley will not hurt you. Right?

Wrong.

Don't do the experiment, and don't imagine that you are going to survive a 30mph crash with a load of water in a tank in the back. The restaining straps might be able to support a static load of 2 tonnes, but they are bolted to poor quality sheet metal and will very simply rip through the metal and the load will come right through into the front of the vehicle.

You would have just about long enough to say, "Oh, sh......."

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2008, 07:18:12 am »
To be fair Wally this is what Squeaky said. He did have a poor grasp of inertia though. From what i understand this is from sitting in the cafe most of the day and thinking it's work.

sjm

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2008, 07:25:36 am »
Wally I do love your posts mate , you know your stuff  ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2008, 08:02:53 am »
No Squeeky said that it's fine because it doesn't build up any momentum, there doesn't need to be a momentum, because there is still a force being applied to the tank, and when the car actually has the momentum, and the tank wanting to still go in the same direction, well.....you don't need tank momentum for that.

That's not physics, that's physics Squeeky Clean way lol.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:21 am »
I don't know why I bother with this forum of window cleaning halfwits. ::)

Everyone always thinks they know better.

Of course if I crash at 30 at my tank is going to leap 2ft vertically and still have enough forward momentum to smash through a steel panel. ::)

You planks.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2008, 08:49:31 am »
It won't have to go vertically, don't you understand that?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2008, 12:50:44 pm »
It won't have to go vertically, don't you understand that?
Yes it will. ::)
I'm sat 2ft above my tank.
If it went through (which it wouldn't), it would go under my feet.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2008, 04:00:50 pm »
The tank will make the bulkhead meet the engine a lot quicker with 500kg sat behind it, and squash whatever is sat between wether it be above or below.

In other words you will end up like a fray bentos pie, with you being the filling.

Dave

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2008, 05:55:04 pm »
I think that this is a lost cause.

How about some stuff on defensive driving?

My favourite is the "two-second rule."

And I try to drive as if I am carrying a delicate and precious cargo - my children's dad!

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2008, 05:57:10 pm »
Lets take this argument away from window cleaning for a moment and think about it in general terms

And lets use a theoretical van that has a maximum payload of 1000kg

If what you guys are saying is correct that means anybody who loads there van right upto the LEGAL maximum payload and is involved in a crash at anything over 30mph is going to be crushed to death by there cargo!  :o

I suppose the reason we never hear about this is because its so common the newspapers dont even bother to report on it  ???

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2008, 06:04:38 pm »

It's simple.
Don't believe the hype.
Hitting something at 30mph can vary wildly if another cars is doing 70mph, hit a wall at 30mph the list goes on.

Little point really posting this as you have your own mind and what ever is said you will think you are right, and I am not about to try and change it.

I will say you are kidding yourself if you think a bulkhead will take the impact more like the whole thing will come forward half a ton lets say of water behind you coming forward it will lift as a tank is never full to the brim, logic says this

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2008, 06:06:31 pm »
Lets take this argument away from window cleaning for a moment and think about it in general terms

And lets use a theoretical van that has a maximum payload of 1000kg

If what you guys are saying is correct that means anybody who loads there van right upto the LEGAL maximum payload and is involved in a crash at anything over 30mph is going to be crushed to death by there cargo!  :o

I suppose the reason we never hear about this is because its so common the newspapers dont even bother to report on it  ???

Yea if not properly strapped in. Was on BBC a little while a go, accident, beer kegs flew through the front on the van, and continued to do so for quite a distance.