Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Philip Hanson

Re: Violence thread for real?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 04:51:38 pm »
Are you leafleting on my turf

It always makes me laugh when people say this.  As if they can own a whole area!
-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

UBA1

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 06:47:37 pm »
I've had two incidents

The first one was when I first started - dropped a load of leaflets and on the Sunday was out for the day with my ex missus  Phone call from old boy.

Are you leafleting on my turf

I says - You dont know me and have definately not seen how big I am or you wouldnt be ringing  - now F**! *!f

3 years later I have all his work and am the main window cleaner in the area

Second incident - I had started a new area with only one clean and was building the work quite nicely. On this particular day, near Christmas I was working on the same side of the road as the established window cleaner.

One of my customers came out and payed him for work I had done and he pocketed the money.

I go over when I realise what has gone on and get my money back.

I am now the main window cleaner in that area as well and I've had all his work.

You get what you sow in life.

Do not be put off by the idiot with the caveman mentality

Good luck

Rob

Spot on!

UBA1

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 06:49:48 pm »
Are they wearing a new range of summer cleaning shorts i quite like the trunk ones that the guy is wearing doing the roundhouse kick. not sure where you put your squeege though.

Yep...they come in 3 sizes, xtra small, medium, large, extra large, and bloody enormous...that`s not the waist size i`m talking about!! ;D

Londoner

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 10:20:30 am »
If I could put another point of view to this thread.

In a small town there might be two or three window cleaners and each of you will have to get along with the others.
Round here in the London suburbs there are all sorts of people cleaning windows and its inevetable that you are going to tread on someones toes.

When you knock on someones door and they say they already have a cleaner DONT ask how much he charges and then offer to do it for less.
Or if you know a particular guy does a lot of work in one area don't deliberatly target that area yourself. Find somewhere else.

We talk about the idiots who threaten violence and its no excuse but there are some real plonkers out there who bring trouble on themselves.

jsm

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 04:12:27 pm »
yes I've had it about 8 years ago - got some idiot phone me on his mobile saying i was nicking all his customer etc ,
I kept him talking for 20 min's ( back then that must of cost him a week wages LOL ) I never did see him around .

I told the customers about what had happened , I got most of the estate in the end because of that .

all the window cleaners I see about all wave going past , somtimes you end up next door and talk aload of crap ( co's it the first person you've seen all day .. )
I tend to bump into loads of window cleaners  round the  breaky huts drinking tea and eating the bacon butty -  all like to have a chat .
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout