This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cbcs

Letter from customer
« on: May 27, 2008, 01:41:39 pm »
I received this today from a customer of mine. A £15 a month customer. Cleaned for 3 years trad, 18 months WFP all windows uPVC. Previously told me that this new system was basically the dogs danglees. I'd like to point out that she doesn't have any uPVC sills, just stone ones. What would you think about this?

Chris,

Please find enclosed payment for the windows from 14th May. I am writing to inform you that I will no longer need your services - I feel that the new method you use is not as effective. (RE: Wiping off sills and it also seems to be marking the gold handles and hinges on the french doors)

Many Thanks for all your hard work in the past.

Mrs Powell.

simon knight

Re: Letter from customer
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:27:52 pm »

2 choices:

Lose her (along with £180 per annum)

or

Revert to trad do a better job and stop damaging her property.

oasisdweeb

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 03:28:48 pm »
prob just an excuse 2 save money cause of credit crunch,or a nice way of saying "your pants" ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:58 pm »
Probably a direct way of saying that she finds wfp pants :-\

cbcs

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:50:48 pm »
Like I said in my first post of this topic. She thought the system was the mutts nuts. Best thing ever because it cleaned the frames. Some people are soooooooo strange!

johnny_h

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:55:09 pm »
18 months to make her mind up? dont go back to trad its just an excuse to let you go 
AUDI VIDE TACE

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 03:59:08 pm »

No! It's just taken 18 months for the wfp damage to become apparent.

A dripping pipe in the loft doesn't show itself straight away...it's only when the ceiling caves in that you know there's a problem!

Helen

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:04:06 pm »

A dripping pipe in the loft doesn't show itself straight away...it's only when the ceiling caves in that you know there's a problem!

a dripping pipe in a loft would be constant....she just wanted to cancel....let her go and get a better one ;D

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 04:11:39 pm »

2 choices:

or

I bet you wait all day for a topic like this to reply to!

simon knight

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 04:39:26 pm »

a dripping pipe in a loft would be constant....she just wanted to cancel....let her go and get a better one ;D

Oooh! I dunno Helen, getting a monthly £15er isn't that easy in this day and age.

This is precisely the sort of account I go out of my way to hang on to....B&B(utter) income!

nat

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 05:12:02 pm »

Oooh! I dunno Helen, getting a monthly £15er isn't that easy in this day and age.

This is precisely the sort of account I go out of my way to hang on to....B&B(utter) income!

you would really worry that much about a £15 account...easily replaced...i wouldn't give it a second thought after i read the note...don't try and work them out just replace them ;)

WCE

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 05:16:56 pm »
You should just let her go. If you have been cleaning the windows for 18 months and she decides now that she don't like the method used then she is just using an excuse to get rid of you. Simon you say that you go out of the way to keep customers like that but IMO if she has already tried to get rid of you then your cards are marked. You'll find a customer to replace her easy enough if you target the right property then you be able to get £20 per month. As for doing trad just to keep her pleased - No way! I invested in wfp so (amongst other things) I didn't have to risk my life climbing up or down a ladder anymore. If you really were bothered about it then I would politely ask her if she is happy with you putting your life at risk to clean her windows. How would she feel if she came home to find you dead on her back lawn after falling while cleaning her window? This simply can't happen with wfp.  I would just forget her. 

Probably a direct way of saying that she finds wfp pants :-\

2 choices:

or

Simon while I think that trad has it's place (eg shopfronts) I also think that wfp is the tool of today. It can produce better results than trad if used in the right hands. It seems you don't like wfp and you seem to think that us who do use wfp   are somewhat foolish but, us wfp users earn the same as trad usually more and without the risks of falling from ladders. If I was cleaning trad still I would want to be earning 3 times what I do now from wfp because of the danger element. You do the same job as me for the same money (maybe less!) but you are in more dangerous situations day after day than me. Whose the fool now?!!! ;D   
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 05:27:02 pm »
You could write back and ask her if she would like you to forward her letter to God, seeingas he is wetting the door handles and sills far more than you are.
Its just an excuse to dump you as she cant afford it any more, or she has found someone cheaper.  8) Syd

jonah

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 05:29:52 pm »
Like I said in my first post of this topic. She thought the system was the mutts nuts. Best thing ever because it cleaned the frames. Some people are soooooooo strange!
Try not to take it personal Chris  ;D Theres plenty of people needing your service mate .   

simon knight

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 05:33:55 pm »

wfp people get dumped more often than trad...."an inconvenient truth"...!

WCE

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 05:39:40 pm »

wfp people get dumped more often than trad...."an inconvenient truth"...!
Not all that true. I have taken plenty of work from the trad guys round me. Also I found that a lot of posh people once you explain the benefits of wfp to them (and the cost) they will prefer wfp as there is more likely to be cowboys using trad as opposed to wfp. 
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

simon knight

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 05:45:11 pm »

I repeat: wfp gets dumped more often than trad.  And many many threads on this forum support this!  What's your definition of a "cowboy"?

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 06:00:26 pm »

I repeat: wfp gets dumped more often than trad. And many many threads on this forum support this! What's your definition of a "cowboy"?
Simon you are against wfp for a start.
Wfp you can do more houses so yes there will be a higher turn over of customers no more so than trad if done right and this is because you clean more.
I lost 1 customer friday (a lady that checks with a white tissue) I said straight away to my guy I bet you within a week the oppostite will cancel, today I got a call from this lady opposite said she wanted to cancel I said that was no problem but could I ask why for our records her reply was because I want my sills cleaned (stone sills :) ) yeah ok, more like her nightmare opposite pulls her strings, I am glad to be honest they canceled as I did not like the person, rude and a nightmare customer, I cleaned them as money was ok and I have think skin business is business I dont have to like them.
I feel sorry for there next window cleaner and now know why the last stopped cleaning them and he was trad.
lost 2 gained 7 no lost t2 replaced with better

peter holley

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 06:02:52 pm »
as long as my custies are happy with wfp , then so am i...granted some dont like it , but then it doesn't bother me as there are many more out there who are glad to have their windows done wfp....

the one thing i do know is that wfp is safer and quicker, and i only wish i had converted earlier , the only problem with me was that i was narrow minded and didnt want to accept wfp (WHAT A SILLY FOOL I WAS)

davids3511

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 06:09:57 pm »

I repeat: wfp gets dumped more often than trad.  And many many threads on this forum support this!  What's your definition of a "cowboy"?

You can repeat it all you like but that's just your opinion and you have no actual evidence other than anecdotal to back it up. This site has got more WFP users than trad as far as I can see so there will always be more topics about WFP users getting dumped than trad users getting dumped. You put me in mind of someone doggedly hanging onto the past and no matter what anyone says you will stick with your own ideas.