This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: round size
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 06:34:19 pm »
Established window cleaners can earn £45 – 65 ph.

I don't disbelieve you, but I think these figures are incredibly high. I reckon most window cleaners will be earning a lot less.

It is up to you what you believe, but if you can’t comprehend this you will never earn it.

I agree with you most window cleaners will earn a lot less. But that does not change the fact you can earn that much.

I have a few jobs that pay that much, I need to change the rest of my round so they all earn me the most for my time.

This is the real challenge with window cleaning and will take time.
If you do reach this level after holiday, sick, expenses and tax etc net pay would be around £800 per week.

This would be a very good pay, doesn’t make you rich and you would have to maintain this for some years to get ahead.

Ewan  :)

I`ve always also said that this is the real challenge,the idea is not to go out and get as much work as you can it`s to get the best paying and best quality,anyone can either buy work or canvas like mad in order to get work.It does take time to sift out the rubbish stuff,firstly you have to have lots of work i agree with that but creaming off the good work and having a round where every job counts is the art to it,why do 4-5 jobs when 1 job is more profitable.

Ian W

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 06:40:40 pm »
You are probably right Ewan, I won't ever earn that. But I hope your plans work out for you. :)
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Ian W

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 06:44:04 pm »
Mike, I agree with you. If the conservatories are extremely large then my customers pay handsomely for the work.  ;)

It just seems that the average conservatory around here isn't much bigger than a large bay window.  ;D
Charles Dickens

elite mike

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 06:44:24 pm »
hi ian

dont put yourself down .

you can earn that and more just think positive :D  :D

quote author=Ian W link=topic=55749.msg472947#msg472947 date=1211650840]
You are probably right Ewan, I won't ever earn that. But I hope your plans work out for you. :)

Ian W

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 06:55:23 pm »
Thinking positive now Mike. The next new customer is going to be hammered!  ;D
Charles Dickens

elite mike

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 06:57:04 pm »
thats the way :D  :D

good luck

mike

davids3511

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 07:13:54 pm »
Window cleaners price by the job, but to help you price, put yourself on an hourly rate. Established window cleaners can earn £45 – 65 ph.

Where he lives has no bearing on ths then?

davids3511

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 07:44:09 pm »
That's rubbish. If you are travelling more it is because the location cannot sustain the high prices. If you have to travel more you have to charge more to make up for the travelling in an area we have already decided cannot sustain high prices.

davids3511

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 07:45:05 pm »
And your figures seem way out. If you are only clearing £800.00 a week on £65.00 an hour you need to stop taking those 5 hour lunch breaks.

Using your figures of £45 - £65 and taking a median of £55.00 * by 7 hours days and 20 working day months (most are more) you get £7700. Where is your £4500.00 going. It certainly isn't tax and other general expensesand you would need to be sick alot of the month.

Your figures don't add up so I can't really take your £45 - £65 seriously. I am sure some can manage that but every hour every day? Very few I bet.

jay105

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
120 at moment takes me about 1 and a half days a week working hard with traditional method so thats about 16 hours a week with nearly all my work being at £6  works out at £12 an hour  god i am cheep

But i am glad i am getting customers and work when the round is established then maybe i can put prices up and be pickey but cant afford to at moment

It is easy to be very picky  and turn down low cost houses when you have plenty of work.  
Thanks for the help and advice guys

tompoole

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2008, 08:29:39 pm »
hi jay .

Start putting prices up if you can.  £10 min charge and you would be taking £1200 a month thats a good base and then you could happily look for the more lucrative stuff the rest of the week and add 80 more large houses or conservatory cleans. soon be turning over 2k. But if you carry on at £6 jobs you will find lots of work but probably not keep up and work like a dog.

Thats only my opinion though

tom

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 08:46:29 pm »
Ewan is right, and what he said is true but i admitt the arithmetic is a bit fuzzy,

What I find is that you evovle to this. You do not need daft prices, you just have to be good at what you do and think on your feet a lot.

To start with I earned about £70 a day, and would spend the time not cleaning giving leaflets out. Some days I only had £40 worth of work so how could I earn more. Seeing 200 plus posts on here didn't really gel with my experience, and factor in that wc biz differs slightly to others as your self esteem can and does take a hammering. I have been very successful and am quite the bighead, but even i was humbled at times.

For a long time I thought the target was 30, and i could only hit this for an hour or a morning. But you never really know because you never have enought work. Then you go on holiday and are behind when you come back and need to go like to stink to catch up

This last time by doing new work as it comes I never did catch up, but I've been hittting the lower end of Ewans numbers like a metronome ever since. I haven't got a clue how it happened it snuck up so suddenly, I'm just gratefull.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 08:48:43 pm »
hi jay .

Start putting prices up if you can.  £10 min charge and you would be taking £1200 a month thats a good base and then you could happily look for the more lucrative stuff the rest of the week and add 80 more large houses or conservatory cleans. soon be turning over 2k. But if you carry on at £6 jobs you will find lots of work but probably not keep up and work like a dog.

Thats only my opinion though

tom
Good advise there Tom,but i would say you should go out and get better paying work aswell.The answer to your problems is not going to be just putting existing prices up you need to get new work and get rid of some of your original work.Some jobs even after putting them up are just not worth keeping i`ve been there,you need to say to yourself how much do i want for every house that i clean not just how much do i want  an hour.Once you know this in your head go out and look for houses that are worth this per clean at least,there are some that don`t want anything under £20-25 because with the work they already have if they took it on they would be losing money,by that i mean why do a house for £20 if you have 1 up the road for £40 that will take you the same time.

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 08:56:55 pm »
My copy of george says 270 and 4000, but a lot are 6 or 8 wks (george values at every job done once),Obviously this does not include the extras and one offs.

I work Saturdays, and would do gutters/cons etc on Sunday morning. Having buikt businesses before I have no pride when it comes to working seven days a week.

I estimate I could cope with 400 customers alone.This would be very stressfull after holidays and we do take a lot.

gary999

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 10:29:36 pm »
at mo i have 168  four weekly cleans ,prices between £10 and £40
will add about 100 more customers then will be happy

cbcs

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 10:51:59 pm »
488 active customers at the moment. 3 on hold. Cleaned 4 weekly.

Do you employ anybody to get through that many or is it all on your own. If on your own I think I need to be looking at revising my 300 target.

I have 1 employee. 2 vans on the road now.

cbcs

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 10:54:05 pm »
You must be raking it in  :o lol

Complete opposite if you ask me,i would rather do a third of that and earn the same if not more.A busy fool comes to mind again,as said it`s not how many you do it`s what you end up with at the end of the week that counts everytime.

A busy fool? I'm no fool when it comes to business.

I'm not bragging in anyway, the guy asked how many customers so I've answered honestly. I've not once mentioned how much I'm earning and don't intend to.

jonah

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 11:02:42 pm »
Too tight
You must be raking it in  :o lol

Complete opposite if you ask me,i would rather do a third of that and earn the same if not more.A busy fool comes to mind again,as said it`s not how many you do it`s what you end up with at the end of the week that counts everytime.

A busy fool? I'm no fool when it comes to business.

I'm not bragging in anyway, the guy asked how many customers so I've answered honestly. I've not once mentioned how much I'm earning and don't intend to.
Too right !  you are just round the corner from  ;D

jonah

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 11:05:12 pm »
me !

cbcs

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 11:07:03 pm »
Where do you clean Jonah?