This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Re: MY CONVERTED TUCKER WITH PICTURES
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 08:59:32 pm »
Well done Luke. I think you might have a point,

The 17' xtel takes some beating though because it is lighter cheaper to replace and shorter.

As you say the superlite brush is hopeless, except for gutters where it's lightness is good. I think I will copy you with the Tucker.

False economy & you of all people should know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

macmac

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 09:01:37 pm »
I did the same as that Luke about 6 months ago,i did it with a 9" .The price they ask for them brushes is a joke,there a good brush but not £50 good.If you look through the replacment parts section on some websites the actual brush is listed as a spare part and can be bought for £12 yes that`s £12,the price does not always reflect the quality of the product,yes there a good brush that is only designed to work with either there gooseneck or an ionic pole but the brush is not the best i`ve used.With that brush not cleaning the frames isn`t an option,the bristles are soft and will splay all over the frame making you have to clean frames every time which is not always needed,saying all that you have made a good job of converting it.

Good info, no good for me then! ;)

Tony

NWH

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 09:02:35 pm »
It makes me laugh when i hear people say there cheap to replace if they break,if someone told me that it would give me the impression there rubbish and i wouldn`t buy 1 in the first place.You want to hear that it`s a robust product that will out last the cheap rubbish,buy less spend a bit more in the first place.

macmac

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 09:06:13 pm »
It makes me laugh when i hear people say there cheap to replace if they break,if someone told me that it would give me the impression there rubbish and i wouldn`t buy 1 in the first place.You want to hear that it`s a robust product that will out last the cheap rubbish,buy less spend a bit more in the first place.

Hear, hear, my thoughts exactly but, as i was once told by a very wise man- you can't educate pork & all that! ;)

Tony

NWH

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 09:08:09 pm »
Oink oink lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

NWH

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 09:41:15 pm »
Lets be honest about the 17ft Extel pole,it`s cheap yes it is but i wouldn`t say it was good.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 10:12:48 pm »
Yeah right oh me old part timer,the best solution would be to buy a quailty pole and cut it down to make it useable for ups and downs.Removable sections have been around for a while now,have you heard of a company called facelift lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D

dudek

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 10:23:53 pm »
I wanted to convert one ages ago and have posted the simple principle of doing it a few times ( its easy!! ) but never really needed one until now, Luke

Rupert,

Any chance you could briefly describe how you did this im gonna get my tucker brush on my slx tomo now that i have seen that it looks the nuts.

Where did you source the brush thread from that looks fairly light and robust and whats araldite?

NWH

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 10:40:08 pm »
I beleive Alex awaits delivery of the new concept slx extension, Haven't a clue how he's done it,or where he got the idea from,only that it was something I did put forward here on a pole wish list.

Pole design, electric reels, hot systems, hitting all the numbers like a fairground bell. Poor me eh?

I'm going to delete these so as not to clutter lukes thread
You must be a rich man if your the first man to think about putting water through a boiler,what are you doing cleaning window`s.The reason why people don`t want to go down the diy hot route is because it looks bodged and untidy,actually a bit like your van.

edd

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 11:25:22 pm »
got any pics of your £ 12 brush and where from like an address or website plz Edd

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 12:30:01 am »
Lets be honest about the 17ft Extel pole,it`s cheap yes it is but i wouldn`t say it was good.
does the job on normal 2 up 2 down no probs, fully extended a little like spaghetti when part boiled can snap and little bendy in places  ;)

Ian

nat

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 02:16:26 am »
fully extended a little like spaghetti when part boiled can snap and little bendy in places  ;)

Ian

who sounds drunk tonight Ian?  ;D

dd

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 09:20:38 am »
For those who dont know. The holes already in the Tucker are not made for jets but to mount it to its original gooseneck, but it makes a perfect place to put the jets, Luke
They are for both. The jets screw into the gooseneck assembly and water is fed through the gooseneck to the jets.

Great idea converting the brush. It is about time we had better brushes available to use on the standard poles. The Tucker brush is the best I have used but IMO the Tucker jets are much to weak (too big, producing too weak a jet of water to rinse well with brush off) which makes converting one an even better idea.

dudek

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 11:44:04 am »
 (too big, producing too weak a jet of water to rinse well with brush off) which makes converting one an even better

You can reduce the size of the jets on the tucker pole as i did a year or so ago after macc showed me how and it worked a treat but i have had too many unpleasant memories with the tucker pole and have moved over to the slx and put my ionics brush on which is the nuts. the tucker is by far the best brush around and worth every penny.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2008, 04:11:37 pm »
I did the same as that Luke about 6 months ago,i did it with a 9" .The price they ask for them brushes is a joke,there a good brush but not £50 good.If you look through the replacment parts section on some websites the actual brush is listed as a spare part and can be bought for £12 yes that`s £12,the price does not always reflect the quality of the product,yes there a good brush that is only designed to work with either there gooseneck or an ionic pole but the brush is not the best i`ve used.With that brush not cleaning the frames isn`t an option,the bristles are soft and will splay all over the frame making you have to clean frames every time which is not always needed,saying all that you have made a good job of converting it.

NWH, Are you sure its a Tucker as Omnipole, Unger, Carbonized and Ettore all make brushes that appear to be identical to Tuckers? All white, similar bristles, same stock with two holes in the same place.

The only 9inch Tucker is an Awning brush

Unger sell a 10 inch brush nearly identical

Unger

Omnipole

Carbonized

Did it have the Tucker Pole Systems stickers? I could just be wrong though but it doesnt sound like a Tucker, Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 05:07:23 pm »
DUDEK

Rupert,

Any chance you could briefly describe how you did this im gonna get my tucker brush on my slx tomo now that i have seen that it looks the nuts.

Where did you source the brush thread from that looks fairly light and robust and whats araldite?

In reply to your question:

You will need the following items:

1x Tucker brush of your choice from Aquafactors ( i used a 12inch dual trim )
1x Outdoor broom with a thread plate like on mine. I used a Harris outdoor broom
4x 20mm outer diameter washers with a 6mm internal diameter
2x 2mm jets from Gardiner pole systems
1x y piece from Gardiner pole systems
1x pvc hose from Gardiner pole systems
1x Quck set Araldite glue from any hardware shop

1. Remove the thread plate
2. Glue it to the Tucker ( measure to be accurate )
3. Glue washers together. A pair with 2 stuck together
4. Glue the pair of washers above the holes on the Tucker brush, right in the centre
5. Glue the 2mm jets into the wahsers centre hole, hold it in place while it sets with blu-tac
6. Let to dry for an hour
7. Attach pvc hose by heating it and carefully putting it on
8. Attach y piece
9. Have fun

Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 07:29:10 pm »
Well Ive completed my 14hr first clean....yes 14hrs, and thats with 5 men!!!! started at 4 this morning!

The Tucker brush was AMAZING. On all the windows that were Tuckered, they came up better. The place was filthy but the Tucker did just fine, it was black at the end of it!!! Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 07:38:19 pm »
Here is the Tucker after its hard day!!!

NWH

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 08:26:34 pm »
The brush i got was a Tucker brush,it had the stickers on aswell Luke i paid the same as you and later sourced it for £12 as a spare part which is what it is.It dosen`t need to come as a complete brush assembly ie jets gooseneck etc,they class the brush as a replacement item therefore on the website it`s listed as a spare part.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 08:30:37 pm »
PLEASE PLEASE, tell me where you got it for £12!!! I want to buy another right away! Luke