This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: guys with uniforms.
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 01:33:17 am »
dont need a uniform,would look a right tit in one,just need tidy pair of jeans and nice shirt in summer,in winter i have that many layers on you only  notice my tidy fleece,dont need sign written van or canvassing,people know im a window cleaner when they see me up the ladder,cant stop picking new work up,all near to my existing work.
Good outlook then for business  ::)

Dave Turley

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 09:10:26 am »
hi guys and sorry I haven't bought my handbag.

i've been wearing a uniform for about 3 months now and have had a smartish van for 6 months (sadly still haven't got around to sign writing though)

I think your appearance can give prospective customers a sense of confidence about you and your quality of work before you even get to their front door, which makes it easier to get a better price.

I want to look smart because I target larger houses and small commercials.

in the last 2 weeks i've been told that i'm "a smart old window cleaner"  by a prospective custy and have also been asked how many people I have working for me by another.

I got both of the jobs at a decent price.

this is how I want to run my business but I don't look down on others who wear jeans and a t-shirt or whatever. (like my brother and step-dad)

oh, and i'm wearing smart shorts for the summer cos it's too darn hot not too.

each to their own I reckon

:)

pingu

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 09:18:17 am »
It does seems that shorts brings out various views...why is it that in the UK shorts are seen as non workwear by some....???

Dave.

elite mike

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 12:43:49 pm »
i reckon a white leather thong ,with a hiviz hat

sorry everyone ime being silly

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 06:19:23 pm »
Reference what Tosh said I think he missed the point about the van. Getting the van was brilliant, by far the only sensible thing I've ever seen him do. But this wasn't something that was thought through. The ball took a deflection and ended up in the back of the net almost by accident.

Don't try and extrapolate that into the guy must have some business brains....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 09:19:16 pm »
Reference what Tosh said I think he missed the point about the van. Getting the van was brilliant, by far the only sensible thing I've ever seen him do. But this wasn't something that was thought through. The ball took a deflection and ended up in the back of the net almost by accident.

Don't try and extrapolate that into the guy must have some business brains....

Absolutely on the money DWC!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 09:25:52 pm »
dont need a uniform,would look a right tit in one,just need tidy pair of jeans and nice shirt in summer,in winter i have that many layers on you only  notice my tidy fleece,dont need sign written van or canvassing,people know im a window cleaner when they see me up the ladder,cant stop picking new work up,all near to my existing work.
Good outlook then for business  ::)
wish there were 5 weeks in a month with the work ive got,im always behind.
I too wish there was more weeks in a month. We wear a uniform for company image, and also makes me more confident about going after bigger jobs looking the part can really help sometimes.

Ian