Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

** ANY OTHER OPTIONS ? **
« on: May 08, 2008, 02:23:40 pm »
Hi everyone

Well i cleaned a wool berber today for a friend who has 3 small daughters bless them who have dropped a lipstick and trod it all over mummys nice cream wool berber and left at least 13 marks.

Now i have what i think, exhausted all avenues or have i ?

I used citrus gel which when blotted pulled most of the lipstick out i then used solvex for a deeper removal to little effect i then tried some red rx to no avail and after all this i was still left with  little dye spots.

Now my friend was over the moon as she didnt have to change the carpet but i did hope i could have got all the dye out .

Is there anything i could have done or being a wool berber is it impossible to remove all the stain with it being a natural fibre

Regards

Steve

lands

Re: ** ANY OTHER OPTIONS ? **
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:29:08 pm »
You could try some turps or white spirit (sparingly of course) as this is the same as what you have used but in neater form.

Failing that you could use the sodium metabisulphate

Pete

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:51:29 pm »
ive seen that  dave, pete thanks

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 04:17:41 pm »
Steve,

If you were at the CCDO you may of noticed that I carry a range of different solvents all readily available.

I would certainly try white spirit, ispropanol and acetone.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 04:28:36 pm »
Ok thanks for that doug white spirit no problem but hwere would i purchase ispropanol and acetone? from chemists ? or internet

tanks

steve

Doug Holloway

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 04:30:36 pm »
Steve

Nick some of your wives, it's commonly used as nail varnish remover, you could also try the non acetone varnish remover.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 04:36:02 pm »
Cheers doug much appreciated ill try them all

steve