This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Re: Diesel now £1.26 by me
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »

PaulKing

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 05:47:06 pm »
very cheap and like cleaning you get what you pay for.

On the green forums they take a bit of stick. as they are a pain to clean
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

mark_roberts

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 11:05:44 pm »
What about gas.

Was speaking to a taxi driver today who drives a V6 Merc.  Its gas and he was paying 55p a litre at the pump.  Gets about 25mpg.

I know you cant convert diesel put maybe a petrol van converted would be the way to go.

Mark

The Great One

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2008, 02:57:07 pm »
Not sure on this one but I think to convert to LPG costs about £1800+ depending on car, age etc.

Maybe the best we can do is get some 5 gallon can and fill up at todays price, as in about 2-3 weeks it's gonna go up again by between 2-5p

Brent (futures) up to $135 for Julys prices yesterday.

Regards

Martin 8)

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2008, 04:07:08 pm »
It's not nice having to pay out more for your fuel, but is it really such a big deal?

I typically fill my tank with 70 litres of fuel (it's an 80 litre tank). This typically lasts me for 2 to 3 weeks. Lets average it out at 2.5 weeks.

At £0.89 per litre that works out at about £25 per week.

At £1.26 per litre that works out at about £35 per week.

This all equates to about £2 extra per working day compared with a little over a year ago. Over the next year it could well double up to about £4 extra per working day.

It's not a lot of money when you look at the bigger picture of fuel costs. Well, not for my business.

We can't change what's happening, so don't worry about it, just plan for it.

Chill out.

Safe and happy driving :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

carpet guy

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2008, 04:58:15 pm »
Well spoken Martin, some on forums have an inferiority complex which they can only express through aggression or attempts to ridicule.

spencer davies

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2008, 06:55:05 pm »
I think carpet guy is right, it seems to be a reaction that is typical of someone who finds someone's intellectual capacity intimidating, some of the comments directed are totally unnecessary and uncalled for. 

:-X

S

The Great One

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2008, 07:08:54 pm »
Hi

Thanks for all the positive guys, realy appreciated.

Regards

Martin 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2008, 07:51:38 pm »
Got a job in Finchley tomorrow customer knows I will put up my price in pounds not pence. I live in Kent but they want the best. :-[ :-[ :-*

Martin

Have to agree you are one strange looking, sorry was looking at Gunnies, mesmerising aren’t they. ;) ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2008, 08:41:51 pm »
At £0.89 per litre that works out at about £25 per week.
At £1.26 per litre that works out at about £35 per week.
This all equates to about £2 extra per working day

It annoys me like nothing else that
a) The Desert Bunnies are holding the world to ransom
and
b) That our Mickey Mouse goverment could drop the price by 20 pence and lose no real term revenue

But back at street level unless you are driving hundreds of miles per day it really doesn't make enough difference to slap a huge rise to each job.

spindle

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2008, 08:51:25 pm »
martin might be able to answer this........if he hasnt already somewhere in this post

how much per litre is pure tax???

saw diesel today hither green 133.9 pl :o :o :o
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2008, 09:10:02 pm »
how much per litre is pure tax???

Somewhere near the 70% mark, hence why when the basic price of crude oil goes up so does the revenue gained by the chancellor.

spencer davies

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2008, 09:18:38 pm »
They just took another hiding in Crewe, if they refuse to listen to the general public they will be gone after the next election.

S

Len Gribble

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2008, 09:34:07 pm »
And did you hear GB response, think a lot of labour MP’S are having second thoughts.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

elliott cleaning

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2008, 09:56:51 pm »
Neil
What's with the Desert Bunnies holding the world to ransom?
They don't decide the price of oil.  It's the world markets that fix the price.  Supply & demand is the crucial factor.  With emerging markets of India & China requiring a large demand, prices are driven up.   Your Desert bunnies just sit there in amazement and rub their hands together not believing their good fortune.
Remember also that Russia is now also a major player in the supply of gas & oil.   And what's with Brent crude sucked from below our North Sea trading at $130 plus today. Thats you holding yourself to ransom.  Nothing to do with the guys who wear tea-towels on their head

spindle

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2008, 10:04:32 pm »
as i understand the news yesterday...........

stock traders are responsible.........betting futures that the price will rise..so they can get hefty bonuses :o >:( >:(
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

elliott cleaning

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2008, 10:16:12 pm »
Spindle
Traders on the futures market can only gamble and only do so as a rule on certainties.   If the demand is not there they would come a cropper.  It's you, me and everyone else who can't seem to live without oil that drives up the price.   If I could get you and every other second person to stop driving their cars/vans, powering their truckmounts, not plugging in their portables, you would be amazed at how fast the price of oil would drop

richie

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2008, 10:17:12 pm »
Today i pulled in to a Texaco Garage to fuel up with diesel & petrol.  I lifted the diesel nozzel & thats when i noticed the price.....134.9  :o  & petrol was 117.9  :o   I replaced the nozzle & drove off to the next station (BP) that was charging a mere 127.9 for diesel & 114.9 for petrol  ::)   Im sure diesel will be hitting 150 by he turn of the year.

Richie.

The Great One

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2008, 09:29:13 am »
Hi

Ok, I will do my best here.

The recent (last few months) price madness is basically because of the traders.

As the value of the dollar has dropped, people have moved their money out of the FX and into the commodity markets, as oil has risen on this trading, every other commodity has gone up. As an example, scrap prices have doubled in some countries, UK price FOB (free on Board) was at £131 in November, this month it is at £320+. It costs more for the scrap to melt into steel than it does for the finished steel.

So, now people are trading crude for July (futures)  the price has gone up from $128 to $135 (now dropped to about $132 closing of brent market on 23/05/08) This means that in about 3 weeks prices will rise again as the future price (July) has gone up, so everything from food to heating fuel, jet fuel & diesel goes up (10% of a barrell is jet fuel, 25% is refined into diesel)

Oil companies are also trading on their own crude futures profiting twice (double (dipping).

There is also a huge demand from both India and China, with the recent earthquake in china, they now need even more fuel, cement prices will rise as they will be buying Millions of tons for rebuilding.

Tax on fuel right now stands at around 70%. This is mainly because the conservatives intorduced the tax esculator on fuel, although this was abolished the Government still put their tax on fuel (fuel duty + 17.5% VAT)

As for using less oil, this won't bring the price down, it will push the price up. Oil companies are in business to make money (lots of it) and if usage was to drop by a huge amount, they would have to increase the price to get the same return. similar to say a CC working himself mental for £20  a room, then putting his prices up to £50 a room, less output for more money.

If you were to use an extra £25 (just on fuel alone) a week, over 50 weeks (2 week hols for which you are paying extra for jet Fuel) that's an extra £1250 your business has to pay just to run your business, this means the price has to go up, this may mean you will price yourself out of the market (I said MAY) Plus you are paying extra for car tax, ins, your food costs more, mortgage is higher, heating bills are higher etc, etc.

Regards

Martin 8)

from edge2edge

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2008, 09:29:29 am »
£1.32 per litre at Texaco  Swindon yesterday.It seems to go up almost daily.I do a lot of miles and this is starting to really concern me.Alan (Swindon)