Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is business like for you at the moment

Dead and Just Scraping By
OK but not to busy
OK
Better than Average
Kicking Bottom

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

Quiet or Not
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:00:14 pm »
Hows Biz going? vote on it
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

Jason Hedges

Re: Quiet or Not
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 02:36:09 am »
Ok bit better than dead but keeping the biils paid with the odd beer to spare!

Should be busier this time of year, financial worrying times ahead for everyone though thats the trouble...

£1.21 a litre tonight for diesel when i went to fill up.......

For gods sakes, when are this government gonna stop crucifying us all!!!

A stand needs to be made :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:42:46 am »
Had a really really good week ! 3 very quiet weeks over easter hols but now it`s gone mad ! i paid 1.24 a litre on wed garage on the a1 didn`t have any choice as was running low ,only put a £10 in at that price it`s sickening ! the US government are thinking of abolishing the tax on fuel over there ,and they pay half of what we pay !
When is Gordon the moron going to wake up  ???
Could have been even worse on wed i got pulled over doing 47 in a 40 got told to slow down and if i got caught again that day i would get a ticket !  ;D
What goes around comes around

PaulKing

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:32:09 am »

A stand needs to be made :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X

Well there local elections on today so lets see, shall we.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:51:12 am »
Go easy you will have big brother after you ! no such thing as freedom of speach anymore ! and yes i have voted fpr the first time in my life,can`t complain about our rubbish dictatorship if i didn`t ! need to get Gordon the Moron out , we didn`t vote him in after all

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:01:08 pm »
A friend of mine started to use Bio Diesel in his Vauxhall Vivaro van two months ago, which is much cheaper, does anyone know of associated problems with engines etc?

I agree that using the power of your vote at the next elections is key  >:(

It will be goodbye Gordon then.

Regards

S

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 12:14:40 pm »
Yes most certainly,i do not agree with his policy`s he is letting his christianity get in the way of running the country,he is pandering to the daily mail readers of this country.Blowing the whole drugs debate out of proportion and giving it far more space in the tabloids than it deserves !Knowing he will get  middle englands housewifes on his side by telling untruths and scaremainering.
It`s about time he started dealing (ha ha ) with the real issues in todays society,just my 2 pennith worth..Pity i am not a chef anymore i would be running my van on chip fat if i was,but then i would not be doing the miles am doing at the mo,i have put £50 in the van so far this week having to travel further afield to work

liahona

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 04:55:53 pm »
Mark, just a side note abou tthe fuel prices in America.  You are quite correct that the price per gallon is much lower but 2 things you have to remember.

1)  the us gallon is smaller and

2) and the biggest mention is dont forget that most vans, transit size or similar inlt do about 12 maybe 15 at most to the gallon.  My Sprinter does 30 so effectively it works out the same for the states an us over here.

I am not getting away from the outrageous prices we pay here, just saying you cant compare what we pay and what the yanks pay for fuel.

We also charge on average twice as much here for cleaning carpets so in all we are better of here than in the us, foot for foot comparison.

Best, Dave.

M.Acorn

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 05:01:25 pm »
Yes have to aggree with you there ,all the americans i have worked for say how expensive it is , then they have to double it !

Phillip Mold

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 05:19:03 pm »
I thought the US gallon was 10 pints, not our 8??
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 05:20:34 pm »
Hi Guys

I thought I was quieter than usual for this time of year, checked last years diary and almost exactly the same .

Cheers

Doug

liahona

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 05:28:42 pm »
Phillip, no it is still 8 pints to a us gallon same as it is here.  Its just that the us ounce is smaller, making everything else smaller too.

Best, Dave.

jasonl

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 06:33:32 pm »
uk gallon = 4.5 litres
us gallon= 3.7 litres

I know this from all those years buying Chem -dry chems.

UK visit to doctor = free at the time

USvisit to doctor = $65.00 min
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Dave Roelants

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »
Mark, just a side note abou tthe fuel prices in America.  You are quite correct that the price per gallon is much lower but 2 things you have to remember.

1)  the us gallon is smaller and

2) and the biggest mention is dont forget that most vans, transit size or similar inlt do about 12 maybe 15 at most to the gallon.  My Sprinter does 30 so effectively it works out the same for the states an us over here.

Best, Dave.

But you can buy a sprinter in the States Dave :) :)
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

liahona

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 07:43:08 pm »
Dave, yes you can now but only over the last few years.  Dodge have the rights to use Sprinters but have changed the fronts to accomodate the Dodge logo.

I know as I had one of the first ones over there.  It has a completely different engine and the insides are much different.  Auotmatic, power everything, air con etcetera etcetera.

Believe me you wouldnt even recognise them as a Sprinter, only by a similar shell

Best Dave.

liahona

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 07:46:15 pm »
Last one,

richie

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 09:22:39 pm »
Regarding BIO-DIESEL.....always check with your dealer before using BIO-DIESEL.  Vauxhall will tell you that no matter what you should NOT use BIO-DIESEL in any of there engines.  I have a Vectra Diesel Estate & contacted them.....they said NO before i finished the sentence.  Was told that they have between 2 & 4 vehicles in each week some with MAJOR engine problems because of people using BIO-DIESEL.  The sellers of BIO-DIESEL will tell you that they supply loads of Vauxhalls with it ::)

Richie.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 09:26:58 pm »
Dave,

Smart looking vehicle, who's Christopher?  Is he the boss ;D ;D

As for how busy, we are ticking over, carpet work is keeping one van just about occupied, windows is going through the roof as is our commercial/industrial work.

Seem to be getting quite a few leather jobs at the moment.

liahona

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »
Christopher is my son and he only thinks he is the boss.

Best, Dave.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 09:45:53 pm »
Just ok for me, the phone for new custys is not ringing tho.... :(

Oddly enough, a fortnight ago it was off the hook, just when I thought things were picking up.  Dom and comm cleaning side of the business is ticking over nicely thank god,
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"