Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lands

Re: new businee
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 08:03:02 pm »
John

Have sennt you an email

Pete

David_Annable

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 08:03:53 pm »
Hi

The CC industry is like a pyramid, with the splash & dash at the bottom.

And the confident high earners that are good at sales at the top.

But the ones at the top want to tell everybody else how well there doing.

The ones at the bottom keep there heads down.

Dave

NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 08:36:18 pm »
What a great Euphemism have you ever thought of going into Peace keeping Dave?

Shaun

John Gregory

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 08:40:56 pm »
Dave , do have to be a good sales man ? , can you make a successful business by offering the the customer a good service at a decent price . and being honest . I've had several customers state that they don't like the likes of chemdry etc because of the sales pitch . protector etc
they find it a smarmy

John

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 08:46:13 pm »
The best salesman get the customer to ask for the service/product not the other way around.

Chemdry are taught to ask for the sale and have to hit figures, if you were to say "I've cleaned you your lounge carpet but the walkways are getting really worn and greasy, you could do with some protector to help them out" what's the next question going to be? of courses "what's protector?"

Shaun

davep

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 08:56:50 pm »
It s important too come accross as honest, people who have a sales pitch do come accross as pushy and reading a script.  Most customers have different needs and so a script wont work.

jasonl

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:40 pm »
Try looking here for a franchise ,learn the ropes , then sell up and make some proper money. ...

chem-dry.co.uk
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

John Gregory

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:58 pm »
that's brilliant Shaun ,  told you I was still leaning

John

John Gregory

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 09:06:31 pm »
Shaun , you have cleaned my lounge and the walkways are looking a bit greasy and worn what is protector

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 09:06:45 pm »
Another tip

Never go 'leaning' on an open door.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 09:10:29 pm »
"have you ever heard of Scotchguard?"

"well it's an invisible barrier for carpets that stops them from being so absorbant, although not bullet proof it does significantly aid the carpet fibres from being damaged from wear and tare and also soiling and also some spillage"

"would you like me to price up this carpet for applying it, and then I'll let you have a think about it?"

Shaun

Paul Kettless

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 09:12:55 pm »
Sorry John, my post was not to knock you or any others on this forum.  Off course have the best equipment and training is all our goal.

I was trying to highlight the fact that far to many people seem to want to run before they can walk.  I can say here and now that I would love to have a truckmount, and if money was no object I would have one in a flash.

However, my workload at the moment does not justify it, and my speedster serves me just fine.  Just buying a truckmount would not get me more work if it sat in my van on the drive and nobody knew about it.

To get on in this business is the same as any other, you have to be bold and go after the contracts that you want as they will not come to you.

I hate it as much as the next, but cold sell is the key to success.
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

John Gregory

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 09:23:02 pm »
Paul , the truckmount was the best bit of marketing I ever did , I may not be the best salesman in the world , but when your out side a property making 50 decibels of noise the neighbour's no you are there .

John

David_Annable

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 09:29:18 pm »
Hi

I think its easy to get stuck in the middle.

Where the customer says i would like to use you as i think you will do a better clean, but the other guy is a bit cheaper (not a lot).

So to differenciate you need to be in the bottom of the top third, if that makes sense.

We can all learn a lot from the likes of Ashmore, but if he lived next to me hed need protection!

Dave

PS I dont think anyone was knocking John, I think they were just giving there opinion.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »
What do you mean Dave?

Scotchgurded Shaun? or Ron and Ron?

Shaun

David_Annable

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 09:42:39 pm »
Hi

To paraphrase the breadknife, if you have to ask you dont really understand.

Seriously I like Shaun, very helpfull for a Yorkshireman.

Dave

PS John i lost you number when i changed phones, give me a ring & i will help in any way i can.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 09:52:20 pm »
Who ever said advice was free didn't come from Yorkshire and couldn't have asked a Manc for the fear of getting butted.

Shaun

Matt Lindus

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 10:40:40 pm »
Sorry guys didnt mean to pee on everyones fires. I know that people dont go into this for the money I think its the pride of doing a good job, which is very comendable. Its more of a hobby than a way of making money.

Matt

carpet guy

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 11:59:05 pm »
Hope that's your tongue in there !

ollie

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 08:04:55 am »
I dont think its a non earner, Im certainly not going to be a millionaire anytime soon but I would much rather earn the money I do for the hours I do compared to my missus who stresses all day in a stuffy office for £8.50 per hour.  This week has been , Mon £90.00 , tue £130.00, wed £165.00, Thurs, £190.00 today £85.00 (next week 650 booked so far) This is for about 4 hours a day on average. If I need more money, for instance ive just bought a new motorbike, I put more leaflets out for a few weeks. Ive been going for 3 years and Im way to lazy with marketing!! If I was a better business man and didnt like fishing so much I would earn much more!! I wouldnt be put off starting by what people post on here , its what you put into it that counts!
ollie