This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Fuel shortages
« on: April 22, 2008, 11:36:11 am »
There has been long queues for the last three days around here everyone is starting to panic buy i even put extra in just so i can carry on working anybody else starting to notice a change
Obviously this only affects Scotland and the North of England

Dean

JSMC

Re: Fual shortages
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:20:34 pm »
people panic buying and keeping the oil companies laughing all the way to the bank. seemingly ther eis enough fuel in Grangemouth to last 2 months. NO NEED TO PANIC BUY.

Re: Fuel shortages
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:16:38 pm »
I have to admit I did fill tank when I heard this last time, I think everyone should do the reverse or stop going to 2 of the major players for fuel, this would bring the prices down.

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 08:03:16 pm »
When everyone else panics you have no choice but to go along with it. If you have a business to run you need fuel.
Petrol stations have quotas so once that quota is gone they close till the next delivery, panic buying means they can sell a weeks woth of fuel in one day.

Jimmy1

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:07:28 pm »
Why are people panic buying at the moment? Have I misssed something?

Dean Aspects

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:19:49 pm »
The workers at Grangemouth that supply all the fuel to Scotland and the north of England are having a series of strikes over pensions the first being tomorrow

Dean

matt

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 08:24:47 pm »
we love a good panic in the uk dont we  ::) ::)

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:25:48 pm »
The workers at Grangemouth that supply all the fuel to Scotland and the north of England are having a series of strikes over pensions the first being tomorrow

Dean
What everyone should do up there is stop for a week going to these places it will put the strikers out of a job and we teach them a lesson at the same time, sry but it annoys the hell out of me, fuel prices for one take the P then people going on strike also annoys me aswell

matt

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:36:01 pm »

Dean
What everyone should do up there is stop for a week going to these places it will put the strikers out of a job and we teach them a lesson at the same time, sry but it annoys the hell out of me, fuel prices for one take the P then people going on strike also annoys me aswell

they have a issue with pensions, talking hasnt worked, so they are going on strike

good on them, management seem to think they hold every card these days

i used to be a GMB union rep, by the way  ;D ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:46 pm »
A few years ago when they were blockading the Fuel Depots things got really bad and key workers, doctors, nurses, firemen etc were given letters authorising them to go and fillup at the BP garage in Harrow. All the others were closed.

I was a taxi driver and we were allowed to fill up as well. There was a policeman there checking you had a letter before you went in. One lady doctor from Barnet General Hospital turned up four times in four hours each time driving a different car.

The fourth time she came in the policeman couldn't stand it any more and had to ask her if this was her car she was driving.

"It doesn't say anywhere in the letter that it has to be my car" she said "This is my daughters car and she has to go to college next week"

So much for fair play.

True story    

Feen

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 08:44:23 pm »

Dean
I'll assume you're not on the wind up and say this. Stop for a week? Yeah right. I'll do that if you can stop my tax, council tax, phone bill, food bill etc ad infinitum for a week. BTW if we were in France we wouldn't be on the computer talking about this, we'd be using muckspreaders to do our talking ;D
Feen

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 08:47:48 pm »

Dean

they have a issue with pensions, talking hasnt worked, so they are going on strike

and your proud of that  ::)

do they get paid when they strike I really hope not

matt

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 08:57:11 pm »

Dean

am i proud that i used to be a GMB unions rep, well to become a rep i was voted in by my fellow workers, at the time i had a high % of votes, they thought i was good enough to represent them in meetings with managment and they also knew i wouldnt back down or be "brought" with sweetners like a few others were

so yes i am proud, why shouldnt i be ? ? ? ? ?? , you really ask some very strange questions at times

and no they will not get paid for being on strike, but hey, they are standing up for what they belive / want

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 08:59:35 pm »

Dean

am i proud that i used to be a GMB unions rep, well to become a rep i was voted in by my fellow workers, at the time i had a high % of votes, they thought i was good enough to represent them in meetings with managment and they also knew i wouldnt back down or be "brought" with sweetners like a few others were

so yes i am proud, why shouldnt i be ? ? ? ? ?? , you really ask some very strange questions at times

and no they will not get paid for being on strike, but hey, they are standing up for what they belive / want

Fair play to you and fair play to them. I like to ask questions to get answers I do not know  ;) it's all learning. I personally think strikes are very annoying, but I am not in theirs shoes, it is just IMO from where I am sat..

mci services

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 09:24:46 pm »
Quote from: windowwashers link=topic=53992.msg455911#msg455911

Dean
[quote

yeah and as half my customers work there i would have no cusys left

matt

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 11:03:45 pm »

Dean

Fair play to you and fair play to them. I like to ask questions to get answers I do not know  ;) it's all learning. I personally think strikes are very annoying, but I am not in theirs shoes, it is just IMO from where I am sat..

fair enough :)

ducky

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 05:56:41 pm »
there is plenty of red.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
if it cleans we will clean it

matt

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 12:33:40 pm »
so the strike is on then

whats the Q's like now up north

macmac

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 06:59:07 pm »
Here in eastern borders, berwickshire, no problem with fuel yet, no shortage at stations that i have seen although farmers are running out of red & trying to source it from newcastle.

Tony

dai

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 09:31:09 pm »
Panic or no panic, it pays to fill up to the brim these days, Fill up today or pay 2p more per litre tomorrow.
I bet the bosses in that refinery have got their pensions sorted out. It's not as if oil companies were struggling at the moment is it?
One day the pension problem will come home to roost, the money they are diverting from the pension funds into share holders pockets will have to made up by the poor old taxpayer.

THE FIRST LAW OF CAPITALISM IS THAT THE RICH MUST GET RICHER