Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*paul_moss

Leather cleaning/redying
« on: April 19, 2008, 09:16:42 am »
I will be working from home monday from 9am til 2pm doing some leather work.
If there is any one interested and not to far away travel wise wants to come and spend a couple few hours with me.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

davep

John Kelly

Re: Leather cleaning/redying
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:09:23 am »
Paul, have to tried the lonely hearts column in the local paper.

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:25:45 am »
Yes John but your ads have taken up all the space  :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:02:16 am »

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:14 am »
Another time Paul - tied up (not literally)

homecare

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 12:23:49 pm »
Have sent you an email  Thanks Mark

*paul_moss

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 01:20:28 pm »
mark not got it
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

homecare

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 01:55:24 pm »
you should have it now paul. thanks

Steve Chapman

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 03:24:28 pm »
Hi Paul,

is it possible to give a break down of the basic steps you covered at the ccdo, as

my memory is fading fast and havent had a chance to pratice yet, still looking for

a piece to pratice on ::)

esp types of paper / sponges  etc to use

regards
steve

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 07:18:31 pm »
Mark, got your mail but now have to change things on Monday so will have to cry off, but email me your number and I will sort something out for you, Wigan is only hour and quarter away.

Steve re leather cleaning steps.
First identify leather type
2. identify finish/top coat and more importantly condition.
3 I clean using a micro sponge from Soulution UK, this must be used with a soaping type of leather cleaner ( low ph and low foaming cleaners will not work and make it too aggresive)
4 I use furniture clinics ultra clean( by far best and best price cleaner on the market) if you want a less aggresive cleaner then dilute it down accordingly.
5 Finish with a protection cream again I use furniture clinics as it is around £50 or 5 litres which is half the price of its competitors ( as they produce it themselves) and is an excellent  product with a nice leather smell to boot.

Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 09:07:50 am »
It is getting to the stage where you are frightened(ok bit strong) to put a leather query on here now in fear of being attacked by LTT for doing it the wrong way or using a non ltt product that they say is inferior to ltt products.

Nick at Solution was banned for less,how long is this going to go on?

I urge everyone who feels that ltt overstep the mark and are offended by their higher than thou attitude contact Mike Boxell,Doug and Ian and complain

Andy Foster

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 09:08:50 am »
I was at the CCDO and saw Paul's demonstration which was clear, easy to follow and allowed me as a newcomer to make decisions about whether or not to add leather cleaning and repair to my services.

Thanks to Paul, I decided to do so and am making some good money at it, (off to do a repair now) so thank you Paul.

To lose Paul from this forum is a great shame as he imparts his knowledge without the wish for gain or reward.

If the owners of this site believe that allowing a company to tout it's business on here to the detriment of the general population of the site is the right thing to do then the motivation for doing so should be questioned.

Up until now, I have firmly upheld the belief that CIU forum was exceptional at showing no bias toward or against any particular company or product, even though they themselves have products for sale.  
By allowing a company to counter any comments with argumentative retorts is undermining the ethos and usefullness of the site and it's function.

I would be interested in the views of the owners/moderators on this subject as I feel that they are conspicuous by their absence when moderating comments from LTT.

I await an open and constructive discussion.

Andy Foster

mark shannon

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 09:17:38 am »
I agree 100% with Steve and Andy to loose someone of the caliber of  Paul Moss would be to the detriment of the forum and the cleaners who rely on impartial advice.

Paul i sincerely hope you reconsider your position.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 11:24:15 am »
Judy why have you deleted your posts???

It now means the posts don't make sense!

spindle

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 11:41:17 am »
i wouldnt like to see anybody leave this forum with the amount of knowledge that paul moss brings......... :'(

i dont have any beef with any suppliers....ltt or fc

but i have noticed that leather questions/answers are hijacked to promote 1 companys products.........as previously stated "solutions" got the boot for the same thing...
where is the difference ???

not saying that ltt should be booted ..but maybe they can modify their answers to be constructive...not promotional...

my humble opinion :)
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

Jason Hedges

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 11:43:03 am »

I hate it when people delete / change posts after theres been replys. It makes the replys look double dutch and ruins the thread.

As far as I can see Paul you have offered helpful advice (as usual) and suggested using the products YOU find work the best. Your advice has helped many many people on this forum including me. There are too many people in this world looking out for number one. You're one of a select few on here that offer genuine advice and are always at the end of your phone for a chat.

If I say I prefer pure clean to blitz John Gotts from hydramaster wouldn't come on questioning my decision, slate prochem and promote his products.

Why LTT feel the need to jump on everything you say and promote their way of doing things & products is beyond me.

As mentioned above no other supplier or training service does this.

Ignore whats gone on mate, if they feel the need to delete posts its because they've realised what they've said is wrong. No other reason!!

All the best,
Jason.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 01:29:06 pm »
Deletion of posts does enforce Paul's argument and also means that he can continue to post with his integrity intact  ;D

FIFTEEN - LOVE  ::)

lands

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 03:22:04 pm »
Such a shame and a waste too. Thing is, everyone knows whats happened here and it's left a stain on this forum.

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 03:25:53 pm »
"and it's left a stain on this forum"

Sure LTT will let us know they have the best product to remedy this  ::) ;) ;D