This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: Another dodgy w/c...
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 08:47:31 pm »
Is that your new bird Roger :o

I've heard he likes them big!!

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 08:51:51 pm »
Sorry I misunderstood, i thought you were cheap and the other chap, Tosh was jealous.
The signwriter came up with that comment on the side of my van, and I thought he was being helpfull untill someone pointed out that he had only come up with idea after I had knocked his price down. It's possible it was his way of making fun of me. Anyway I get a lot of phone calls.

groundhog

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 09:01:52 pm »

It's on the side of my van, If you want a cheap window cleaner ring me! So you can imagine.

Great business sense!! lets all build really big low paying rounds!!! I wish I had thought of that!!!!!  Not!!!!!!!!!

TDW

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 09:11:38 pm »
Its probably more a ploy to get them to call you rather than actually being a cheap W\c.

groundhog

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 09:15:04 pm »
Hi discount, no I'm not clowning I'm deadly serious!!! I can't understand why you or anyone else would want to build themselves a low paying round? It makes no sense to me whatsoever!! I always try to sell my services at the maximum price the market will allow!  ;)

Davo

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 09:27:28 pm »
Hi discount, no I'm not clowning I'm deadly serious!!! I can't understand why you or anyone else would want to build themselves a low paying round? It makes no sense to me whatsoever!! I always try to sell my services at the maximum price the market will allow!  ;)

Groundhog, your wasting your time, some people just dont get it, and they will never get it.

They will charge what they think theyre worth, which isnt very much by the look of it.

Mark

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:59 pm »
What's this got do with a window cleaner using a customer's water?

groundhog

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 09:32:33 pm »

Nothing!! But it's far more interesting!!! ;D

groundhog

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:38 pm »

Groundhog, your wasting your time, some people just dont get it, and they will never get it.

They will charge what they think theyre worth, which isnt very much by the look of it.

Mark

I think your right Mark, I'm just trying to help, but I don't think they see it like that!!  :(

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 09:35:47 pm »
Davo, I like your little disclaimer about not cleaning windows  :) I do agree with you about pricing high because youve invested alot of money in your business etc etc. Most of it is psychological. The reality is people are prepared to pay good money to get their windows cleaned, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 09:39:56 pm »

Nothing!! But it's far more interesting!!! ;D

Roflmao  ;D ;D

sorry squeaks its not funny really

Helen

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 09:40:10 pm »

;D ;D ;D you started it!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

Nothing but some people enjoy hijacking others topics instead of starting their own.

I'd say this is a DI system designed for home owners use or by a window cleaner where no other practical method is available.

groundhog

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 09:47:06 pm »

I can see on this forum I have fallen amongst a right bunch of half sharps.

Feel free to leave then Discount boy, you will not be missed!!!!  ;)

Bazzy1999

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 09:50:10 pm »
Oh dear whats this place coming to..  ::)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 10:11:11 pm »
I can see I've got some straightening out to do. Please give me a moment.

Who wants it first squeaky clean the cheapo who says he's not cheap, groundhog who thinks it's clever to tell people he's dear, or davo who's too clever to be either cheap or dear?

I can see on this forum I have fallen amongst a right bunch of half sharps.
9 posts and he got you lot sussed ;D ;D ;D
(no offence squeeks ;))

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 10:14:20 pm »
Get stuffed all of you. ;D

Cheap my arse.
I charged £1 a minute on something the other day and I was still cheap apparently. ::)

There's only one or window cleaners out of about 15 in my town who charges more than me.

groundhog

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 10:18:16 pm »
Get stuffed all of you. ;D
Cheap my arse.

Charming!!! :o

Mike 108

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:50 pm »
Squeaky - There's nothing dodgy about using the customers water from an outside tap, as long as the customer has given their permission. It saves dragging hose across the pavement, and, like someone said, the cost of the water will be negligible.

As for a lot of the replies to this topic - the've gone off the subject and are just plain nasty!

Some people haven't got the ability to give a humourous/tongue-in-cheek reply - so they should refrain from posting.

The forum is (I think) for the benefit of members who want advice/information from those who are able to give it - not for people to act clever and make cheap comments at other's expense.

Let's cut out the nastiness.

Mike

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 10:28:38 pm »
As regards the water.  I think it is pretty bad form to take water from the custy's tap, especially with out asking.  It doesn't look very professional either.
It is funny though as in reality there isn't a lot of difference between say a gardener using an outside tap and us, we both provide a service the customer will reap the benefits of the water usage.  I suppose the difference between  a gardener is that he doesn't carry a massive baffled tank with him.
In reality though it doesn't look very professional and could be seen to be taking a liberty as in this case.

Squeeky are you producing your own water yet or still getting it off of Mr Giles?

Simon.

As for the other stuff, it doesn't really matter how much you earn, or whether you are expensive or cheap, as long as you provide for your family and are happy in the job.