This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

Re: Bit of a market for....
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 11:48:28 pm »
is that chlorine like the chlorine granules you put in hot tubs and swimming pools ???

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 03:32:53 am »

The market out there is huge, and people dont know how to value the cleaning of it.

and you do ???? how much fascia and soffit cleaning have you done lately
what do you think (with all your experience of the job) would be an acceptable hourly rate
feel free to tell us all where we are going wrong
Mark stop babbling on about all this maketing crap and get your hands dirty for a change, you've been saying the same stuff week in week out for six months or more, your like a faulty c.d. Either make the move and do something or go and stir some other forum members up.

he might not get his hands dirty or be a window cleaner but do i enjoy reading marketing and business type posts as much as other topics.  ;)

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 07:46:06 am »
Chlorine, that's interesting. I'm suprised there seems to be no specific upvc cleaner out there for the trade yet, similar to tfr. Maybe there is but i've just not spotted it.  If mr Solubility was about he would no doubt say that hot water was best which in this case might well be right. Anyone else tried hot water on the green stuff?

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 08:19:29 am »
i've 3 to do today ;)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Davo

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 02:55:54 pm »

The market out there is huge, and people dont know how to value the cleaning of it.

and you do ???? how much fascia and soffit cleaning have you done lately
what do you think (with all your experience of the job) would be an acceptable hourly rate
feel free to tell us all where we are going wrong

Customers dont know how to value it thorpy, ( my apologies the wording was too vague)

My mate has done a few recently, does well out of them, as you know i dont clean widows for a living, so i suppose your question was a little sarcastic.

My mate charges out at arround £60 an hour,

Im just offering an opinion, if you think that my comments arent correct please feel free to justify why you dont think so.

Mark

Jimmy1

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 04:02:12 pm »
Funny, but people are now starting book fascia and guttering cleans. I thought about using WFP and today I also bought a Nilfilsk Alto Poseidon 3-26 Ptessure washer + telescopic lance (I thought this might be handy if stubborn dirt) Ive also decided to buy the patio cleaner attachment for the pressure washer. I have the following questions:
1. Does anyone else offer patio cleaning and if so do you think this will do the job also what chemicals would I use for a patio?
2. Will the patio attachment work for decing and if so what chemicals are used?
3. I turned down a gutterclean last week as it was inside and I told them I only do external, Im not afraid of the work, but unsure how to go about it as Ive heard it can be messy, what extra equipment would I need and has anyone any tips - can any one help?

pjulk

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 05:26:47 pm »
I do quite a bit of gutter cleaning and i find the best way to do them as long as its safe to is get up there and do them by hand.

Awkward bits i will use my pressure washer and extendible lance to clean them out and WFP the outsides.

But i don't think you can match doing them by hand.

Paul

macmac

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 06:00:40 pm »
(is this a REAL wife or one you made yourself   )

It's just one of 14 i have on the go at the mo' ;) (well in my head maybe)

G & M

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 08:29:03 pm »
LJ sorry for taking so long to get back. It's sold in 5gallon drums here in Ireland, about 25euros a drum I think.

Dale Smith

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 12:07:21 am »
Love doing guttering/fascia/soffits..... use WFP ... wash the fronts... hard work but the money is good.
Like Davo says, custies don't know what the value is...  ;D
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Squeegee Clean blackpool

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 09:19:02 am »
can anybody recomend a good cleaner for upvc i use flash but it dosent renovate the plastic.